Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Just called Ford Performance, no date available. Also, they said engineering won't give them a date either when CARB approval will happen. Seems strange since they have CARB approval for supercharger kit.
Sponsored

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Just called Ford Performance, no date available. Also, they said engineering won't give them a date either when CARB approval will happen. Seems strange since they have CARB approval for supercharger kit.
so never it seems /sigh

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If we don't hear anything by mid September I'll check with one of the Ford Engineers/Managers that usually tries to keep us up to speed on Mustang related things. Hoping we hear something before then but I won't be doing any power upgrades until at least next year anyway. I'll likely throw a Watson 4 point in before that.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Supposedly all the work has been done and is only awaiting carb approval. Maybe engineering could comfirm this.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Ford, non-California Mustang owner here. I'll gladly buy it now if all we're waiting on is 10 years of CARB testing.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Seems strange since they have CARB approval for supercharger kit.
The supercharger kit will most likely bring in alot more profit than a basic tune. If that's the case, then Ford has every intention to get that kit CARB certified compared to the other parts they may sell, so it's not uprising that they got that first while the lesser parts are lagging behind. It's just a smart business decision to get your cash making aftermarket parts out sooner than the ones that have little margin.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
The supercharger kit will most likely bring in alot more profit than a basic tune. If that's the case, then Ford has every intention to get that kit CARB certified compared to the other parts they may sell, so it's not uprising that they got that first while the lesser parts are lagging behind. It's just a smart business decision to get your cash making aftermarket parts out sooner than the ones that have little margin.
Not sure I would agree with that. The profit margins on the tune would statistically be MUCH higher as well as volume.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Not a lot of room for improvement on 93 as many tuners have shown. Just E85 Lund or leave it stock if you want your warranty.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly that kit is also compatible with A10 that have safe/smartACC, The Whipple is not as I have heard. However I would rather just want a power pack since I have a DD if it ever gets CARB approved, I am in CA.

Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Has anyone heard if there will be Ford Performance exhaust options for cars with active exhaust? Borla has them but I haven’t seen Ford Performance branded versions.

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well one way to look at it is one of the biggest corporations in the USA is on this, so hopefully they are really pushing it...lets see some of that lobbying action work in our favor for once!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone heard if there will be Ford Performance exhaust options for cars with active exhaust? Borla has them but I haven’t seen Ford Performance branded versions.
I have the closest to that. I have the Shelby GT-H AE version, which is also made by Borla and is pretty much what a FP touring catback would have been for AE along with quality polished double wall tips, regular borla AE versions comes with simpler rolled tips. Hopefully FP will do it, but they responded to me a while back they they have no plans.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I have the closest to that. I have the Shelby GT-H AE version, which is also made by Borla and is pretty much what a FP touring catback would have been for AE along with quality polished double wall tips, regular borla AE versions comes with simpler rolled tips. Hopefully FP will do it, but they responded to me a while back they they have no plans.
How does it sound compared to the stock active exhaust? I like the tone of my AE, just looking for a little more volume.
Sponsored