Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
FRP is all I use. very well made stuff.
I guess I lied a little, I did install a fully adjustable FRPP suspension kit on my 2013 that was pretty good.

Just no Ford power/engine mods.
Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The OEM CAI on 18+ is pretty solid. Plus keeps iats lower to prevent timing being pulled. Keep stock, do a drop in and tune for e. Way better bang for your buck than 93 tune and after market cai. Just my opinion.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
At this point its likely their won't be one. If there is it will be something mild like GT350TB, intake tube, filter and tune flash.
At that point it’ll be a bullitt

I bet they release a tune and filter but it’ll be another year or so before jack Shit comes out. Carb approval takes along time remember the track key lunch

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
FRP is all I use. very well made stuff.
Same here. I had the FRPP Bullitt style cold air intake, FR500S mufflers, and FR3 Handling Pack on the 2007 GT that I had.

FRPP parts cost a bit more, but I've always felt that the quality and reliability was worth it.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Ecoboost performance tunes released in Mar, so gt can't be too far off. Also, the Ford tune promises to have throttle and a10 shift changes. But as always, no tuning for follow on mods, except gear/tires.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
You do realize the Ford Performance tune knocks your 5 year power train warranty down to 3 years?

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Pretty excited to see this one finally hit the market with posted results.

I’ve never used Ford’s performance upgrades before but just might this time.
Looks like (most) tunes come with a CAI; my Mustang already has one (and the 350 intake manifold), wonder if it'll need a 'special' tune or option?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize the Ford Performance tune knocks your 5 year power train warranty down to 3 years?
Most people who mod dont care about warranty. IMO, if you mod something, you should be ready to come out of pocket to fix any mistakes. Otherwise stay stock.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Most people who mod dont care about warranty. IMO, if you mod something, you should be ready to come out of pocket to fix any mistakes. Otherwise stay stock.
The problem is the misconception by many that original warranty is unchanged if sticking with the Ford Performance tunes / packs.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is the misconception by many that original warranty is unchanged if sticking with the Ford Performance tunes / packs.
Personally I like to support people who back their claims with more than advertising. May not be the "top dog" but at least I'm not a paid beta tester or going with someone who prizes bragging rights over the longevity of my engine. Warranting something for longer than it takes you to drive out of the garage speaks to confidence in your product. Use at your own risk usually means I will be willing to walk for lots of opportunities that may be the best thing since sliced bread but may also be one burn out from a busted engine.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Personally I like to support people who back their claims with more than advertising. May not be the "top dog" but at least I'm not a paid beta tester or going with someone who prizes bragging rights over the longevity of my engine. Warranting something for longer than it takes you to drive out of the garage speaks to confidence in your product. Use at your own risk usually means I will be willing to walk for lots of opportunities that may be the best thing since sliced bread but may also be one burn out from a busted engine.
Well said. For the record I do like the quality of Ford Performance and their R&D. My previous comment was only about some of the confusion of warranties amongst users.

I'd totally have considered a Ford Performance supercharged 18 gt off the lot had there been one available in late 17 when I got MY18.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have the extended warranty to 75k miles, anybody know if those remain intact?
Sponsored