Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I don't think there's much debate that it's probably over priced but how much depends on a couple of things. The procal is definitely wrapped into the price and having the ability to do everything it does is really convenient (crank relearn, KAM reset, dtc codes, data logging). If someone uses it to upload the tune then be done with it then it's wasted money.

I think the biggest sink will be the install. It's absolutely not worth 1600. 1008 OTD and a couple hours of my time, however, is much easier to swallow.

But ya, I mirrored what you said in mine. It's nice and makes the engine feel healthier but it's definitely not needed nor is it game changing. I wouldn't say get it if you're going to be hurting to do so.

Although I have a feeling the a10 users benefit far less than the m6 users here. Due to the a10's nature, you're not spending much time down low. M6 drivers will be spending a fair bit more time down low and where the power gains are the biggest. For us, it's going to make much more of a difference. I'd be curious to see how an m6 with the power pack fairs against an a10.
Yeah I would like to compareto a manual 19gt to see. But as is the autos hands down outperform the manuals. Its sad but the tech has gotten to good :( as I love manuals. So not sure the tune would give any advantage to the manuals over the autos. I mean the power comes in at 2k and in 1st through 3rd you blow by 2k real quick regardless and that torque drops off. Plus the autos we can sport plus paddle shift so basically we can control car same as a manual more or less. I really dont think there would be much difference but who knows I would like to run against a manual same year with tune to see. Anyone got a manual 18-20 gt with tune and lives in WNC hit me up :) we can make a day of it. although the auto is heavier isn't it? so maybe a weight advantage ? Just to repeat myself though for the money not really worth it considering for that same money for can get other tune options that are markedly better.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just to repeat myself though for the money not really worth it considering for that same money for can get other tune options that are markedly better.
Agreed definitely better performing options at better prices out there. But one comment Cobrakit said seems fair. If the driver has no other plans for mods, ie this will be the only one, and I'll add if warranty is more important than performance, then maybe this is the right fit for that demographic.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Briebee72, interesting tests which gear ratio are you? 3.15 or 3.55?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Briebee72, interesting tests which gear ratio are you? 3.15 or 3.55?
3.55 im gonna go to the 4.09 once a save a few bucks.

charliechupacabra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Here’s something I just noticed while picking up dinner. The 1-2 and 2-3 shifts in sport mode on the shifter is at 6700 rpm. Drive it’s a little over 7k. I’m gonna try and get out to the track ASAP now and see if traps any faster. I can get 2-3 consistent times every time I’ve been after each mod.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check out air inlet temp WITHOUT the air inlet tube, 140° at idle after cruising tonight temperature outside was about 78°. Once I start moving again it drops to about 98°. I need that part lol..
20200510_212016.jpg

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
IM curious how the kits had so many missing this part. 1 or 2 I can chalk up too an error but seems more then not didint get the part. What really ticks me off is I had the car apart and almost done before i realized the part was missing at that point I wasn't gonna take everything back off. but now once or if i get the part im gonna have to take the box and stuff back out and fight with all again now to put that part on. IM sure ford performance as a mail box full of emails waiting for tomorrow morning :)

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm surprised I had it. I'm usually one of the people who tends to get the short end of the stick. But yeah, those temps are insane. I didn't even see my temps go above 10° ambient when stopped. I can't see the low end being very good on a 12:1 with those inlet air temps.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
What were you like stock? I’m hoping this kit (with all the parts) keeps IAT’s similar to stock

I'm surprised I had it. I'm usually one of the people who tends to get the short end of the stick. But yeah, those temps are insane. I didn't even see my temps go above 10° ambient when stopped. I can't see the low end being very good on a 12:1 with those inlet air temps.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
What were you like stock? I’m hoping this kit (with all the parts) keeps IAT’s similar to stock
Higher, actually, but the rubber part of the air inlet tube was all smashed so I have a feeling that got botched when the new engine was put in. My IATs would be around 5 to 10 when cruising and could get to about 20 over ambient when sitting. That made me really worried about this kit LOL.

EDIT: So it basically should if you get a good seal. I think someone else also reported really low temps who had all the parts. I also don't have a gap on my hood. I'm honestly really glad I did this myself. It took me about 3 hours to install the parts alone but I had the luxury of taking my sweet time and making sure everything lined up just right. I pulled it apart a few times.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I could pair this product with a Cervini's Stalker or Ram Air hood with the accessory ram air diverter to go directly above the FP airbox if it did not come with an air inlet tube originally :p

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sent a message to Ford performance today and they said send then a receipt and a shipping address and they would send a inlet tube out right away... I did. Haven't heard back so we will see. They didnt even question me so they must be aware of it.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^same here. Very impressed by thier response time on this. Since its many of us, they know they had a packaging problem.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I guess I could pair this product with a Cervini's Stalker or Ram Air hood with the accessory ram air diverter to go directly above the FP airbox if it did not come with an air inlet tube originally :p
The open top of the box is set up quite nicely for a ram air set up if someone wanted to cut a hole in the left corner of the hood and fab up some plumbing. Bonus points if a cheap scoop from autozone is used over the hole.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Hey, does anyone know when the Ford Performance tune for the 2018+ Mustang GT will come out? I'm interested in a tune, but I'm not a mad performance focused racing guy, I just want to look into the increased response, power, and efficiency, etc. I also like my warranty and that pretty much leaves me with the Ford Performance tune; however, it's been like 2 years and there is no tune yet. I hope it will come soon, as the Ecoboost only came out about 2 months ago. So does anyone know when the tune is coming?
It's out now, upgrades 5.0 to Bullit specs for $1275, 479 horsepower and 448 lb-ft of torque. See it at https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B
I wish they had a kit for my 2015 that would up my 435 hp to 479 - guess I'll have to settle for 460 once my extended warranty runs out in 2021.
Sponsored