2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Briebee72 lol that's me. I didnt even realize it was missing. Installed everything else. It's my first kit like this.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I dont know then. But let us know what they say. I didnt get any part like that and the in instructions don't say anything about that part..
I did get that part - it latches on the intake with three latches - kind of like the stock one does to the stock airbox. Can take a pic of it if you would like.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Got to drive the car a bit finally - increased torque is very noticeable at 2000-3000 rpm - in my opinion - and I try to not be biased because I spent a grand on it and have to justify the purchase. Haven't run all the way to redline, but feels about right for what it is advertised for.

With a shorter tire (305/30 BFG Rival S) this thing is going to move.

Still thing the fit of it should be better for the money. I used some thermal insulation tape to plug a hole in the intake that wasn't covered by the foam piece installed on fender and just in case put a piece around throttle body harness plug since JLT catch can's tube sits right on top of it. Pretty happy with it overall - saw Livernois name pop up somewhere on the programmer so that's who probably did the tune or the programming device.

Btw - I emailed Ford Performance with "the tube fit on the throttle body inlet sucks - do you have any recommendations" - they responded with "We haven't seen anyone having a problem with it" which is something they probably have a shortcut on their keyboard for...

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got my mine up and running but I am using the original air filter housing and plumbing. Probably going to keep it this way since the car runs really strong.

Shifting is quite a bit different in "D" now, shifting a higher rpm, down shifting much quicker and overall the trans is much improved in "D". Almost like a semi-sport mode now.

I am trying to feel the down low torque and haven't honestly felt a noticeable difference, just a slight seat of the pants increase. However, I did wind mine out to red line a few times and my car feels stronger on the top and seems to pull just a tad better. I think this is where the 87mm throttle body and software change makes a difference.

Bottom line is the trans re-program for me, which is a very welcome change.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
All tube fits are marginal, but doable! If you need us to complainto ford, please provide how to contact them.

With inlet tube, you might want to install on TB first then bolt up airbox.

akitteh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaakko
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Got mine installed at the dealer yesterday. I think they did a pretty neat job. Initial butt dyno readings are noting more pep in second from around 2k to 3k, normal and Sport+ both. Haven't had an opportunity to really get on it yet though.

Some odd notes: stock clutch feels more precise (I know.. lol) - maybe it's the throttle remapping that's messing with my mind. Also could almost swear I hear the diff clicking when leaving a stoplight - something I have not noted before. *shrug*

Feels good regardless, would do it again for the looks alone :-)

I have the Cervini grille, upper and lower. Intake vs ambient temps have usually been +5 to +7 degrees - now I'm seeing more +10 degrees when going slow in traffic... 91 to 101 for example . At speed, there seems to be no difference to previous.

IMG_20200508_155721_MP.jpg

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Some odd notes: stock clutch feels more precise (I know.. lol) - maybe it's the throttle remapping that's messing with my mind. Also could almost swear I hear the diff clicking when leaving a stoplight - something I have not noted before. *shrug*

IMG_20200508_155721_MP.jpg
I attribute that to the down-low torque. I definitely noticed that as well, barely any revs needed to start rolling from a standstill.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Haven't done the tune but literally just finished the install. I think I see where some are having IAT issues. That rubber snorkel was a real PITA to line up with the plastic piece that leads to the front bumper. If I had left it as is it would've been collapsed and sucking in air from the engine bay.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Haven't done the tune but literally just finished the install. I think I see where some are having IAT issues. That rubber snorkel was a real PITA to line up with the plastic piece that leads to the front bumper. If I had left it as is it would've been collapsed and sucking in air from the engine bay.
At least you got one LOL.. there are tons of people did not get the inlet tube with there kit. Myself included. so we are def sucking up engine air :)

If you look at the same kit for the older mustangs they had to make a slit in the rubber end of the inlet tube (snorkel) to make if fit correctly. unfortunatly the instructions for the kit don't even mention the install of the inlet tube.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
At least you got one LOL.. there are tons of people did not get the inlet tube with there kit. Myself included. so we are def sucking up engine air :)

If you look at the same kit for the older mustangs they had to make a slit in the rubber end of the inlet tube (snorkel) to make if fit correctly. unfortunatly the instructions for the kit don't even mention the install of the inlet tube.
You're referring to the inlet tube with the rubber end, right? Because I had to reuse the piece that connects to the front grille. I didn't have to make a slit, though, fortunately. I did have to pull off the front engine bay dressing to get my hand in there and get it all lined up. I used to feel insecure about having small hands until I started working on cars. It's definitely a positive.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Agreed, I had to readjust a few times to get that lined up properly. I also took off the radiator cover to get some extra space for my hands.

I started with the intake attached to the throttle body which was the only way I could get it on alone. Could install CAI first then bend and hold with another set of hands.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

I think when they say to attach the dirty air inlet that’s as close as the instructions get, step 27. There’s no photo to indicate what that means though.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Agreed, I had to readjust a few times to get that lined up properly. I also took off the radiator cover to get some extra space for my hands.

I started with the intake attached to the throttle body which was the only way I could get it on alone. Could install CAI first then bend and hold with another set of hands.
Thats basically what I did. I put the end on the throttle body first and tightened it down and then slide the rest into place. I really had no issues with the air box getting it in. I can see how if you put the box in first then try to hook up to throttle it could be a pain.
Sponsored