Extended Warranty?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No everything he was told is true.

If you are going to try to game the system by using someone else's address outside of FL, that's one thing. But don't say what he was told was "sort of". It's 100% factual and I know for a fact Ford does audit these because of FL law.

Funny how you tell him to PM you as if you don't want it known what you are saying to do on a public forum.
I was just PM'ing him to tell him that you were a douche. You are right, I didn't want to put that on a public forum, but I guess you forced my hand.
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was just PM'ing him to tell him that you were a douche. You are right, I didn't want to put that on a public forum, but I guess you forced my hand.
Ahh, 2nd grade stuff now.

127592.gif

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ok so shenanigans aside, how is Ford going to know where I reside? If I provide them a mailing address that I can collect mail….
But honestly, it’s pretty messed up that I would have to pay $1600 more for the same coverage because of Florida’s stupid law.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ok so shenanigans aside, how is Ford going to know where I reside? If I provide them a mailing address that I can collect mail….
But honestly, it’s pretty messed up that I would have to pay $1600 more for the same coverage because of Florida’s stupid law.
You are right. People move from time to time and wherever you happen to reside at any given moment, that is what governs your eligibility or disqualification. I bought my policy from my dealer. But who is to say that if you moved out of state for any time that you can't buy an extended warranty based upon where you reside at that given time.

The law says if you are a Florida resident and buy an extended warranty from a Florida dealer, you have to pay the msrp for the policy.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Florida considers it insurance and in order to sell insurance, you have to be registered with the state. The law which I agree is stupid is meant to protect people of all ages from being taken advantage of (I would think the elderly but just my opinion). So one price, same price for every resident. It's the only state that does this.

Now as far as residency, I know as far as registrations go etc, you have to be living there for a minimum of 6 months and 1 day. You can't have a FL registration and go to CT for 4 months of the summer and claim residency there and register vehicles etc. So a fake address or a friend's or families.. well, that's on you.

Now just for full transparency and you can decide on what to do, I reached out to the Sales Manager that I've referred thousands of members to (literally) and sells at cost to all members. I've been dealing with ESPs for 14 years with him and his response is as follows. Remember he has nothing to gain as he doesn't sell to FL residents.

If a dealer sells a ESP to. Florida resident and marks down their FL address, Ford bills the dealer MSRP. If the dealer discounts it, they still get charged MSRP and loses money.

This is why I try to point people to that Lombard Ford site to at least save some money on sales tax.

"If I even smell a Florida sale I bow out. It is not worth the ramifications that can come back on us plus the fact it voids the warranty and is worthless.

It is one of things that is not a big deal until it is. It Is basically flat out fraud and illegal."

With that, I've said my $0.02, what you do in your choice.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Florida considers it insurance and in order to sell insurance, you have to be registered with the state. The law which I agree is stupid is meant to protect people of all ages from being taken advantage of (I would think the elderly but just my opinion). So one price, same price for every resident. It's the only state that does this.

Now as far as residency, I know as far as registrations go etc, you have to be living there for a minimum of 6 months and 1 day. You can't have a FL registration and go to CT for 4 months of the summer and claim residency there and register vehicles etc. So a fake address or a friend's or families.. well, that's on you.

Now just for full transparency and you can decide on what to do, I reached out to the Sales Manager that I've referred thousands of members to (literally) and sells at cost to all members. I've been dealing with ESPs for 14 years with him and his response is as follows. Remember he has nothing to gain as he doesn't sell to FL residents.

If a dealer sells a ESP to. Florida resident and marks down their FL address, Ford bills the dealer MSRP. If the dealer discounts it, they still get charged MSRP and loses money.

This is why I try to point people to that Lombard Ford site to at least save some money on sales tax.

"If I even smell a Florida sale I bow out. It is not worth the ramifications that can come back on us plus the fact it voids the warranty and is worthless.

It is one of things that is not a big deal until it is. It Is basically flat out fraud and illegal."

With that, I've said my $0.02, what you do in your choice.
I’ve been doing a little digging and it seems like a popular opinion is that this state law could violate federal price fixing laws. But it would require a class-action to get it fixed and either not enough people care or not enough people know about it. Another thing that was thrown out is that the local dealers can actually discount the warranties but then they have to offer the same price to everyone all the time.

Anyways, looks like I’m either getting ripped off or breaking the law 🤣. Thanks for the input.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’ve been doing a little digging and it seems like a popular opinion is that this state law could violate federal price fixing laws. But it would require a class-action to get it fixed and either not enough people care or not enough people know about it. Another thing that was thrown out is that the local dealers can actually discount the warranties but then they have to offer the same price to everyone all the time.

Anyways, looks like I’m either getting ripped off or breaking the law 🤣. Thanks for the input.
Personally I would t care about breaking the law. I think it's more on the dealer that is breaking it, not you.

My only concern would be if Ford catches it and voids the whole contract. You may fly under the radar, you might now. Only you can decide on which route to go.

But yes, almost every Florida person that has contacted me over the years did not know about the ridiculous law FL has.

In fact, even the guy I refer people too didn't know you had to be registered with the state. He was selling them at one point at MSRP but saving them the sales tax. Once he found out you need a license, he stopped immediately.

Vandman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my car used (2019).
Turns out the original owner purchased a 60mo/100k premiumcare /roadside AND 84mo/150k maintenance protection 6mo/8k

Is this warranty tied to the VIN? Ford says it's an active plan, but the warranty needs to be released to me. Unfortunately I bought the car used from a Honda dealer, and they aren't any help and won't even return my calls.

Any way I can get this in my name? I don't know who the original owner is. Seems like huge waste to let this package be forgotten about.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Yes. I have an 8 year with lots of miles(60,000). Especially, for engine replacement. There is a forum,here, on the plan from Flood Ford? Goose, you may want to jump in and reply. My dealer matched the price from Flood Ford which was @$800.00.
Hi. Did you get a 8 year power train warranty for $800? Can anyone call them to get one?. Thanks for the help

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I bought my car used (2019).
Turns out the original owner purchased a 60mo/100k premiumcare /roadside AND 84mo/150k maintenance protection 6mo/8k

Is this warranty tied to the VIN? Ford says it's an active plan, but the warranty needs to be released to me. Unfortunately I bought the car used from a Honda dealer, and they aren't any help and won't even return my calls.

Any way I can get this in my name? I don't know who the original owner is. Seems like huge waste to let this package be forgotten about.
Unless the original owner does a transfer then no, Most people who trade in the car usually are entitled to a refund if they go to their dealership and request it. Your only recourse would be to find more than likely through carfax the original dealership who sold the car to the owner and ask them to call the original owner and ask, there is a $75 transfer fee, but do take into consideration being you bought it from a honda dealer they didnt take the ext warranty, and if you want the guy to transfer it, he might ask you for the balance that he would get back from ford anyway. I know this cause when I traded my '16 CS for my Shelby the dealership didnt care for the ext warranty and I went to my dealership to cancel and re-coup nearly $2k of the unused time.

Sponsored

Vandman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the original owner does a transfer then no, Most people who trade in the car usually are entitled to a refund if they go to their dealership and request it. Your only recourse would be to find more than likely through carfax the original dealership who sold the car to the owner and ask them to call the original owner and ask, there is a $75 transfer fee, but do take into consideration being you bought it from a honda dealer they didnt take the ext warranty, and if you want the guy to transfer it, he might ask you for the balance that he would get back from ford anyway. I know this cause when I traded my '16 CS for my Shelby the dealership didnt care for the ext warranty and I went to my dealership to cancel and re-coup nearly $2k of the unused time.
That's a good Idea. Might be worth a shot.

For the right price, I'd consider 2 years of premium care and 4 years of oil changes.

Hopefully the guy isn't bitter he traded in his stang for a civic LMAO

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
by the time I'd need an extended warranty on the car/Trans, the car will either belong to someone else or It'll be heavily Modified and Ford *will deny any claim I'd have. They do everything in their power to string together fictional events or mods to deny a claim.

I bought the extended top warranty on my 19 Platinum. When the door pillar flew off on the Highway, they denied my claim saying that "car-washes break them." ..mind you my 25k mile Explorer has never been through a car wash, lol. Ford gets a hair up their ass and deny anything they can. That's only a $200 pair of parts, I can only imagine what they'll do for a $15k transmission with a car that has mods like a hanging air freshener.
Sponsored

Last edited: