Sponsored

Extended Warranty GT500

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
These look to be excellent prices so kudos to the people who posted the link. I went through the link from the beginning and inputted the 2020 GT500 and one of the questions asked if my vehicle had a snow plow attached? Kinda funny. Always glad to see a dealer offer things that help long term ownership of these cars.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am not familiar with Ford Warranty practices but lets say I pulley, exhaust, E85 tune my GT500 obviously there goes my powertrain warranty under any circumstances. But I assume bumper to bumper and any extended warranties are still valid on non powertrain related items? How many items do they deny coverage on based on modifying powertrain? IF my AC compressor goes out in 5 years did I void my warranty on it cause now i have modified my engine thereby potentially causing harm to my AC compressor? Just curious where the line is drawn.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am not familiar with Ford Warranty practices but lets say I pulley, exhaust, E85 tune my GT500 obviously there goes my powertrain warranty under any circumstances. But I assume bumper to bumper and any extended warranties are still valid on non powertrain related items? How many items do they deny coverage on based on modifying powertrain? IF my AC compressor goes out in 5 years did I void my warranty on it cause now i have modified my engine thereby potentially causing harm to my AC compressor? Just curious where the line is drawn.
Here is just the latest in a line of many threads regarding warranties. You can search for others.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wont-void-warranty.134627/page-5#post-2780849

But to get you started........

but lets say I pulley, exhaust, E85 tune my GT500 obviously there goes my powertrain warranty under any circumstances.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what you do and your dealer.

But I assume bumper to bumper and any extended warranties are still valid on non powertrain related items?
Make no assumptions but the odds are your right.

How many items do they deny coverage on based on modifying powertrain?
Possible anything connected to the powertrain

IF my AC compressor goes out in 5 years did I void my warranty on it cause now i have modified my engine thereby potentially causing harm to my AC compressor?
See the first answer.

Just curious where the line is drawn
Lines, what lines? There are no lines. There are words thought..........could, should, would, maybe, if, etc.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Does the car have to be purchased from Flood to buy it? If not, I assume the warranty from Flood is honored at any Ford dealership in the US?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Does the car have to be purchased from Flood to buy it? If not, I assume the warranty from Flood is honored at any Ford dealership in the US?
The car does not need to be purchased from Flood Ford.
Yes, the warranty is valid at any Ford dealership.
Sponsored