You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jmeo, that's a good tip. I purchased an ESP from Flood Ford for my Shelby and the price I paid simply matched their chart, they never quoted me anything specific to my warranty date that I'm aware of, just that I was still within my bumper to bumper warranty. I wasn't aware it costs more later. I'll keep an eye out on my next purchase.
If you go to the link I provided, it will ask you if you are within 12 months of purchase or if over that. If you play with the options, you will see the price gets higher after 12 months from purchase. Just trying to help :thumbsup:
Sponsored

jpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Audi RS3
Wow! This makes it so easy and clear. Thank you both, Jmeo and Snoopy49! Great info. And let's not forget Just Plain Bill who started this thread. Thank you!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If you go to the link I provided, it will ask you if you are within 12 months of purchase or if over that. If you play with the options, you will see the price gets higher after 12 months from purchase. Just trying to help :thumbsup:
2020 GT500 PremiunCARE Warrenty Comparison.jpg

Mrmarkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone know why the pricing has been up to today 9/4? I’ve checked a few times while considering it, and wondering why it’s always stated this date?

Maybe prices go up tomorrow?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly does this cover?
Pretty much everything that isn’t wear and tear. You can look on the website, it will list the coverages.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Anyone know if you can purchase prior to your car arriving like as soon as it starts production. You will have a VIN estimated completion and delivery date.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Anyone know if you can purchase prior to your car arriving like as soon as it starts production. You will have a VIN estimated completion and delivery date.
I doubt it. You have to be the owner to buy one. Also what’s your rush. The ESP doesn’t start until after the 3/36 ends.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I doubt it. You have to be the owner to buy one. Also what’s your rush. The ESP doesn’t start until after the 3/36 ends.
No rush really I guess though I will get it soon after delivery just to get it off my to do list. I like my to do list small lol.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Exactly and here’s more facts that I have posted in another ESP thread on this site:

Warranty 101

The initial 3/36 is Bumper to Bumper - meaning it covers anything on the vehicle for 3/36 (whichever comes first).

The 5/60 covers the drivetrain and runs concurrently with the 3/36. If the 3/36 is done and say your engine shits the bed, the 5/60 will cover the engine as long as the failure was due to a manufacturing defect or deficiency (and was not a result of abuse, neglect, a modification or addition of an aftermarket component that caused the failure).

Many folks don’t read their Owners or Warranty Manuals...and unfortunately many don’t realize that the 5/60 covers the drivetrain (engine, transmission and rear).

Major emissions control components are covered 8/80k.

————

Now, with that out of the way, let’s get to ESP plan discussion.

The best bang for your buck will be the Premium ESP Plan that offers the longest period of coverage and covers the most components (ie: 8yr/150k miles). Why?

Because the ESP also runs concurrently with the other Ford new car Warranties... it does not mean after your 3/36 or 5/60 is up that you get an additional 8yr/150k.

AND keep the below quote in mind

Per Ford:
  • The New Vehicle Limited, Powertrain, Emission, Safety and Service Part warranties, recall, FSA or insurance coverage will take precedent over ESP core coverage if failure occurs within the warranty, recall or FSA time or mileage parameters or under an insurance policy.
So using the Ford new car 3/36 as an example, the below demonstrates ESP after adding 2 of many available ESP coverage options:
1) owner buys the 8/150 = they are really only buying AND getting 5/114 of coverage (whichever comes first)

2) owner buys a 5/75 = only buying and getting 2/39 of coverage (whichever comes first). In many real world scenarios this ESP coverage will get burned up real quick by owners who do a lot of highway driving.

Are ESP plans worth it? Yes if the owner plans on holding onto the car longer than 1-3 years and selects a plan that makes sense from a total coverage standpoint. If you’re going to keep the car less than 3 years, any ESP is pretty much pointless.

When mulling over buying an ESP (from Ford, Credit Unions or elsewhere), always remember to figure in the 3/36 BB, 5/60 (drivetrain) and 8/80 (emissions).

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
CJ: Many thanks for that excellent info and advice. I do plan to keep the car indefinitely and had already planned to go with the longest (in time) coverage and I was aware of the concurrently running status.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, very nice writeup for those who weren't in the know. I also will buy the longest possible plan, but also with zero detectable. I will keep this car forever, so each visit I make (takes only 2 or 3) that I do not have to pay a deductible, the cost of zero deductible was paid back, and from there out its saving you money.
Sponsored