Extended Warranty?

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
I’ve never did an extended warranty on any of my previous vehicles. But on this car with the 760 horsepower and the DCT, I thought it was a good decision to get Ford’s Premium Extended Warranty.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The had a price increase earlier this year which didn't affect the price in a very negative way, what kicked the prices out of the ballpark was when they moved the GT500 from the same category as the Mustang / Mustang GT and moved it over to the GT350 category.

Basically, until early this year, the GT500 shared the same prices as the regular Mustangs.

This is what you would have paid if they had not moved the GT500's to the dark side.

2020 Mustang ESP.jpg

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I got the Ford tire care warranty. Which covers the carbon fiber wheels incase of damage.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I got sucked into the dealership extended warranty and then bought the flood ford for the maximum duration for the same price I paid for a 36k warranty. I also got the CF wheel warranty (TireCare). TireCaee has to be purchased at the time of delivery unless your dealerahip is willing to back date it.

Sponsored

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
Can these be purchased close to the end of the original warranty period? Car won't be to the dealer for a few weeks so I have time to decide.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Get the warranty. Its a shame you missed the time frame where they were charging the same rate as the mustang GT. Now the 500 gets the GT350 tier which is quite expensive.

For the DCT and engine alone, it is a must.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Can these be purchased close to the end of the original warranty period? Car won't be to the dealer for a few weeks so I have time to decide.
Yes. You can buy right up to where your 3/36 runs out. I do believe the cost goes up though

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well that’s sucks, Flood Ford isn’t eligible for Florida residents 😒
None of the discount sites are. You have to be license in FL to sell it to Florida residents. The best you can do is buy from https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

And being licensed in FL, you have to sell at MSRP.. it's the law in FL. Everybody pays MSRP.

Lombard Ford is licensed in FL but located in CT. Buying out of state should save you on the Sales Tax so that's something.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
None of the discount sites are. You have to be license in FL to sell it to Florida residents. The best you can do is buy from https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

And being licensed in FL, you have to sell at MSRP.. it's the law in FL. Everybody pays MSRP.

Lombard Ford is licensed in FL but located in CT. Buying out of state should save you on the Sales Tax so that's something.
Lol well that makes one thing I don’t like about living here now…and that’s a very short list lol. Thanks for the info. If I’m reading correctly it’s saying the plan coverage starts on the day your original OEM warranty started. So if you buy 8 years of powertrain you’re really only getting 3 extra? That sounds like a rip lol.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol well that makes one thing I don’t like about living here now…and that’s a very short list lol. Thanks for the info. If I’m reading correctly it’s saying the plan coverage starts on the day your original OEM warranty started. So if you buy 8 years of powertrain you’re really only getting 3 extra? That sounds like a rip lol.
Pm me. What you were told is sort of true, but......

No, you don't have to pay the dealership extortion rates.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Pm me. What you were told is sort of true, but......

No, you don't have to pay the dealership extortion rates.
No everything he was told is true.

If you are going to try to game the system by using someone else's address outside of FL, that's one thing. But don't say what he was told was "sort of". It's 100% factual and I know for a fact Ford does audit these because of FL law.

Funny how you tell him to PM you as if you don't want it known what you are saying to do on a public forum.
Sponsored