Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
There's absolutely no proof either way.
While it claims to solve cyl 8/4 cooling issues, hence, gimmick.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
While it claims to solve cyl 8/4 cooling issues, hence, gimmick.
There's zero proof of that. I'm open to the idea that it's a gimmick and either doesn't help or the assistance is trivial, but honestly until someone does a test with data, everyone's just speculating.

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
They are not near press fit at all. itā€™s just an O ring. fits in as tight as the water pump. After the freeze plugs are out it slides right in,put a bolt in Dune
The 5.0ā€˜s absolutely need this modification they do not have any cooling passage around the #8 intake port so this makes it so that water does not flow around cylinder seven and eight Worth a crap and thereā€™s no temperature sensor back there thatā€™s why everybody has problems with cylinder seven and eight. Donā€™t believe me? do a quick Google search on the problems around cylinder seven and eight on the coyote
If I were to install this mod without the ā€œTā€ fitting to the heater core would it still work? Is the pressure higher on one side than the other? Iā€™m trying to figure out how the coolant flows out the back from one side to the other. Iā€™m getting this installed next week with my supercharger and OPG/CS

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
@Jackson1320 has an excellent grasp of this. After running a 2015 w Whipple on road courses in hot arse Texas, I really wish I had done this mod even though trying to keep CHTs below 235-242 sustained on track. 7,8 dropped below 180 compression after 2 seasons. Had to back Whipple off to 4.0 pulley and add more cooling. Still cooked 8 off.
Have you tried installing a 170 tstat and having your tuner tune your radiator fans to come on sooner? That coupled with this mod should be pretty effective this is what Iā€™m doing next week

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you tried installing a 170 tstat and having your tuner tune your radiator fans to come on sooner? That coupled with this mod should be pretty effective this is what Iā€™m doing next week
Please post pics and do a write up of the install while youā€™re at it. I would imagine that youā€˜ll also discover that there are no threaded holes to mount the passenger side MMR stand-off too. Hopefully MMR has accounted for this and devised a way to mount that side somehow. Iā€™ll know for certain when my kit arrives.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Then thereā€™s the ground strap relocation that is necessary to clear the MMR stand-off in the driverā€™s side head. Hopefully someone has a pic of the new spot for this ground strap.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Reische 170 and fans on switches and relays for override to always on. Car was tracked. Only place to really enjoy Whipple without killing people is track.

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Please post pics and do a write up of the install while youā€™re at it. I would imagine that youā€˜ll also discover that there are no threaded holes to mount the passenger side MMR stand-off too. Hopefully MMR has accounted for this and devised a way to mount that side somehow. Iā€™ll know for certain when my kit arrives.
What is the stand-off that your referring to?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
This piece. That may not be the correct name for it though.

1664039664758.jpeg
Does your kit have these pieces? This isnā€™t what Iā€™ve seen in other posts. I have a massive bolt and a skinny bolt I thought it was the same on both sides

930EA505-E99E-48E6-81C3-39FFB6DB58B1.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does your kit have these pieces? This isnā€™t what Iā€™ve seen in other posts. I have a massive bolt and a skinny bolt I thought it was the same on both sides

930EA505-E99E-48E6-81C3-39FFB6DB58B1.jpeg
I donā€™t have the kit yet. I just ordered it a couple of days ago.looking at what you have, it appear thst itā€™ll work on my 2019 Bullitt. There is a large threaded hole on the passenger side head. Stay and Iā€™ll go grab a pic real quick.

Are you dropping your tranny or removing the intake manifold to install yours?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hereā€™s a pic. It looks like itā€™ll work. I was worried for a minute there.

1664058675444.jpeg

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
I donā€™t have the kit yet. I just ordered it a couple of days ago.looking at what you have, it appear thst itā€™ll work on my 2019 Bullitt. There is a large threaded hole on the passenger side head. Stay and Iā€™ll go grab a pic real quick.

Are you dropping your tranny or removing the intake manifold to install yours?

1664058675444.jpeg
Hmm maybe itā€™ll work for mine too then. It said 2018 and up when I ordered it. Iā€™m actually paying someone to supercharge my car and do all the other mods and dyno tune it. Jackson on here said he removed some wall behind the battery and did it through that. I donā€™t have the tools or the time to do this myself

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT

1664058675444.jpeg
Im just confused because if you go back to the first page on Jacksonā€™s posts his pictures are showing something different. I thought he had a 2020 mustang gt so idk why those parts look so different
Sponsored