Sponsored

Cooling mod

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I figured I would share this with y'all, after loosing a engine due to a cracked piston on #8 I think the cooling mod that mmr offer may be a good idea and added insurance for our motors. I'm sure the tune may had a role to play in the lost but I'm sure a hotter running #8 is helping. any engine builders/tuners may you please comment to spread your knowledge.

Sponsored

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I figured I would share this with y'all, after loosing a engine due to a cracked piston on #8 I think the cooling mod that mmr offer may be a good idea and added insurance for our motors. I'm sure the tune may had a role to play in the lost but I'm sure a hotter running #8 is helping. any engine builders/tuners may you please comment to spread your knowledge.
What tune were you running? Thanks!

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Do you have any logs that you can refer back to? What was the timing, fuel and boost?

Sponsored

OP
OP
turbo50

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a sct, does it datalog automatically? And I have a copy of the tune if that helps.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I have a sct, does it datalog automatically? And I have a copy of the tune if that helps.
Nah, it doesn't log automatically.

What are your plans for the build?

OP
OP
turbo50

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah, it doesn't log automatically.

What are your plans for the build?
Mps sleeved block, my motor has scars on the sleeves so it's no good since it's not much material to machine out and send the head off to get Ported and ferrea competition valves put in and bronze guides, I don't know what ford use for material to make the guides and valves but they have rust on them.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When I did my RXT I did the head cooling mod. Didn't know if it was really needed on the 15+ cars but it was the optimum time to do it. Piece of cake with tranny out.

Sponsored

terryj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic California Special
I did the head cooling mod on my 2011 with an aluminator. I'm not sure if I'll do it for the 2016. Does the plug show signs of detonation?

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I bought the cooling head mod in hopes to throw it on my old 5.0, planning to use it on the 16. This is basically like throwing on a lower temp thermo stat. Keeps things cooler....or in this case, evenly cooled. Just installing it is a pain....with the motor in...

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Your X4 will log. The nGauge is more user friendly IMHO. I refuse to go WOT unless my live logs are up to watch

LAMBDA 1&2
KNOCKR
SPARKADV
STFT 1&2

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I bought the cooling head mod in hopes to throw it on my old 5.0, planning to use it on the 16. This is basically like throwing on a lower temp thermo stat. Keeps things cooler....or in this case, evenly cooled. Just installing it is a pain....with the motor in...
More evenly...did not notice one degree difference it ECT or HCT. Running the R 170 stat.
Sponsored