Sponsored

Check your oil pressure sensor ASAP

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I almost lost another motor, this time due to loss of oil.

I was getting my car aligned on Friday where I noticed some oil leaking, at first it looked like the filter was leaking but it was indeed coming from the sensor.

It’s on the upper portion of the filter housing and is covered in a cylindrical heat shield.

It was not even finger tight, if I did not catch it I am sure it would have caught fire at the track today.

Be sure to check yours on your next oil change!
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yup! This happened to my late last year. Finger right oil mess caught as soon as it happened as I smelled the oil burning on the exhuast. I used blue lock tight and tourqe ti spec. No problems since

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yup! This happened to my late last year. Finger right oil mess caught as soon as it happened as I smelled the oil burning on the exhuast. I used blue lock tight and tourqe ti spec. No problems since
I just changed my oil for the first time tonight at 984 miles, now I'll have to jack it back up and look.

Do you have the tq spec?

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Way to go Ford! I’ve been trying to decide on which brand to go with when I sell my GMC 2500HD, this GT350 experience has not helped Ford one bit.

Sponsored

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I almost lost another motor, this time due to loss of oil.

I was getting my car aligned on Friday where I noticed some oil leaking, at first it looked like the filter was leaking but it was indeed coming from the sensor.

It’s on the upper portion of the filter housing and is covered in a cylindrical heat shield.

It was not even finger tight, if I did not catch it I am sure it would have caught fire at the track today.

Be sure to check yours on your next oil change!
Good catch

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When had first oil change on 2017 had them check mine and it was ok.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Do you have the tq spec?
Here's the earlier thread on this by @Sprintamx -https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/failed-oil-sending-unit.75692/
From the '16 Helm. ...

• NOTE: If the oil pressure sensor is to be reused, apply thread sealant.
    Material
    : Thread Sealant with PTFE / TA-24-B (WSK-M2G350-A2)
  • Torque :
    Stage 1: 124 lb.in (14 Nm)
    Stage 2: 180°
Loctite 565 High Performance sealant meets this spec.

Edit: moved the info on the Loctite product meeting the spec, didn't want to imply this was included in the Helm..

Attachments

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Way to go Ford! I’ve been trying to decide on which brand to go with when I sell my GMC 2500HD, this GT350 experience has not helped Ford one bit.
I swear Ford trucks are made by an entirely different company. Have a Raptor and it's by far the best overall vehicle I've owned or been around.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Wow.

And what timing. Changing the oil this morning, so I'll definitely check this out.

Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Is it possible to get a hand/tool on it with everything else installed.

Edit: just got the car up and answered my own question. Not gonna happen with ripping stuff apart. Good news though, mine appears flush, with no oil residue on the filter adapter around the sensor location.

Last edited:

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Wow.

And what timing. Changing the oil this morning, so I'll definitely check this out.
Mine looks completely fine. Adequate thread sealant and it's not leaking at all. Nor does it look like it will any time soon and it's snug. I didn't mess with it b/c I don't want to break the sealant.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Absolutely agree...

Raptors are from Mars, Mustangs are from Venus.
:cwl:

Funny you say that because sometimes I'll say "yeah, just a thirsty, needy, expensive, high strung, whiny redhead." I usually get something like "who the hell are you dating????" And I'll say, "no no, I'm talking about my car..."
Sponsored