Sponsored

Check your oil pressure sensor ASAP

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
It would be great to get some photos of the leak or where the EOP sensor is located?
Look in the "GT350 Basics.." thread below my pic. I have a link to the EOP sensor page from the Helm there.
Sponsored

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Welp.....I am usually the "it will never happen to me , don't believe everything you read on the internet" but when I went to inspect mine, although still bone dry it is on finger tight and if i didn't catch it I would have had a HUGE problem on my hands at the track in a couple weeks (mine hardly sees the street). I can reach it with my hands however Im not sure hoe to get a socket in there? I'm not letting the dealer touch my car. period. what needs to come off to get to it? Entire front driver assembly?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Do search there is an excellent video from the wheel showing it leaking as the engine is revved

Sponsored

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OK I was able to get a socket on it...The bulletin doesn't say anything about draining the oil first. Is this necessary or is a pressurized cavity? i dont want to back it out and have an oil spill...

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
OK I was able to get a socket on it...The bulletin doesn't say anything about draining the oil first. Is this necessary or is a pressurized cavity? i dont want to back it out and have an oil spill...
Alittle oil will come out but nothing major.

Remove it, do 4 wraps of Teflon on it and you’ll be good to go

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Do search there is an excellent video from the wheel showing it leaking as the engine is revved
Would be nice to get a link on this as searching for stuff with this new website format is not user friendly....might be website owner friendly but surely not user friendly...LOL

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Alittle oil will come out but nothing major.

Remove it, do 4 wraps of Teflon on it and you’ll be good to go
I would use blue loctite which meets ford specs and Ford tech manual. When I removed mine it had very little thread locker and barely threaded in. I removed sensor, cleaned, added adequate about of loctite and installed to tq spec. 1 year later two track events no oil leak.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:

Sponsored

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
With all respect @xXANCHORMONXx and @Zitrosounds , the manual calls for Motorcraft TA-24-B citing standard WSK-M2G350-A2. Loctite doesn't report the Blue as meeting this standard., please let me know if you have other info.
- Motorcraft TA-24-B, from AN WBL
- Loctite PST 565 - Loctite states this and PST 592 meets the Ford standard, does not include the standard with the Blue.
- Loctite PST 592
- Permatex High Temperature Tread Sealant. - Permatex states this meets it too.
So am I reading this correctly, that the following 4 options ARE acceptable?

- Motorcraft TA-24-B
- Loctite PST 565
- Loctite PST 592
- Permatex High Temperature Tread Sealant.

I just want to be very clear, thank you

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
With all respect @xXANCHORMONXx and @Zitrosounds , the manual calls for Motorcraft TA-24-B citing standard WSK-M2G350-A2. Loctite doesn't report the Blue as meeting this standard., please let me know if you have other info.
- Motorcraft TA-24-B, from AN WBL
- Loctite PST 565 - Loctite states this and PST 592 meets the Ford standard, does not include the standard with the Blue.
- Loctite PST 592
- Permatex High Temperature Tread Sealant. - Permatex states this meets it too.
After building dozens of race cars I’m a firm believer in Telflon tape for anything NPT.

I’ve used all sorts of sealants and have had issues in the longterm.

Do what you wish but I’ll never say something on here that I wouldn’t bet my life on.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
After building dozens of race cars I’m a firm believer in Telflon tape for anything NPT.

I’ve used all sorts of sealants and have had issues in the longterm.

Do what you wish but I’ll never say something on here that I wouldn’t bet my life on.
Understood. That's why I said with respect. I just wanted to get the manual info and spec out.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well...... SOB.... after my third session at Daytona, I noticed oil under my car again. Yes again. This happened last year. One of my pre track inspections was this sensor, to be sure it was tight. It was.

I will be fine. I'm at the dealership letting them fix this problem AGAIN. Anybody who tracks these cars really needs to pay attention to this common problem.

Smh
Sponsored