Sponsored

Check your oil pressure sensor ASAP

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
High temp silicon 650f is also very good.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Well...... SOB.... after my third session at Daytona, I noticed oil under my car again. Yes again. This happened last year. One of my pre track inspections was this sensor, to be sure it was tight. It was.

I will be fine. I'm at the dealership letting them fix this problem AGAIN. Anybody who tracks these cars really needs to pay attention to this common problem.

Smh
Ask the service manager if they use a degreaser prior to sensor reinstall on both the sensor and the threads in the block.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Well...... SOB.... after my third session at Daytona, I noticed oil under my car again. Yes again. This happened last year. One of my pre track inspections was this sensor, to be sure it was tight. It was.

I will be fine. I'm at the dealership letting them fix this problem AGAIN. Anybody who tracks these cars really needs to pay attention to this common problem.

Smh
Thanks again Tom for inviting us to your event at Daytona, Very hospitable!
My wife was getting excited about you offering her a ride around Daytona... Damn oil Leak
For those who don't know, Tom is also an Instructor.

Here is the 'Tomster' diagnosing his oil leak at Daytona Fri.
IMG_0139-a.jpg

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks again Tom for inviting us to your event at Daytona, Very hospitable!
My wife was getting excited about you offering her a ride around Daytona... Damn oil Leak
For those who don't know, Tom is also an Instructor.

Here is the 'Tomster' diagnosing his oil leak at Daytona Fri.
IMG_0139-a.jpg
John, it was all buttoned up yesterday and she's running great. The track was a bit slippery today. A Camaro hit the wall and it was totaled. Yesterday an R brethren lost control at the bus stop and took the wall. He is a friend and it hurt me to hear of the news. He loved that car, I did too.

If somehow you can make it back tomorrow, I can make good on that offer for a ride along on one of my sessions tomorrow.

It was great meeting you and your wife. I am thankful for the community and great people I meet thanks to this hobby.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Tom are you using a track tape of some sort? looks like it from the picture that there is a film on the front of the car, Just curious what you are using for protection and how well it works on track for you.
Thanks

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom are you using a track tape of some sort? looks like it from the picture that there is a film on the front of the car, Just curious what you are using for protection and how well it works on track for you.
Thanks
Trakk tape over PPF and black gorilla tape over the plastics (splitter, etc). I also have tear off windshield protection. I took a '16 track pack to Daytona once and it got sandblasted. lesson learned.

I must say, when I take off the trakk tape, very little makes it through the trakk tape impacting the PPF. Nothing gets through the PPF, so the double protection works well.

No windshield pitting as well

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak

Trakk tape over PPF and black gorilla tape over the plastics (splitter, etc). I also have tear off windshield protection. I took a '16 track pack to Daytona once and it got sandblasted. lesson learned.

I must say, when I take off the trakk tape, very little makes it through the trakk tape impacting the PPF. Nothing gets through the PPF, so the double protection works well.

No windshield pitting as well
Tomster, I was at the track today to check in and go thru Tech around 1:30pm. I'll be running in group 4 tomorrow. Watched your 1st afternoon session before I had to leave... looked real good out there. See you Sunday.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tomster, I was at the track today to check in and go thru Tech around 1:30pm. I'll be running in group 4 tomorrow. Watched your 1st afternoon session before I had to leave... looked real good out there. See you Sunday.
If I can help in any way, let me know. Most in group 4 that have never seen Daytona usually have an instructor assigned. If you don't have one assigned, let me know, and I'd be happy to help.

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak
If I can help in any way, let me know. Most in group 4 that have never seen Daytona usually have an instructor assigned. If you don't have one assigned, let me know, and I'd be happy to help.
Thanks for the offer, but I've run 9 or 10 sessions solo at Daytona this past summer, just not with this organization so having never run with them they put me in #4. That's ok, not making a living at it... just want to enjoy the car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the offer, but I've run 9 or 10 sessions solo at Daytona this past summer, just not with this organization so having never run with them they put me in #4. That's ok, not making a living at it... just want to enjoy the car.
If you need a spot to park at, my trailer spot is empty. Blue garage #9. The parking spot is marked with white numbers on the yellow line. It sure as hell beats the open parking lot.

Sponsored

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak
If you need a spot to park at, my trailer spot is empty. Blue garage #9. The parking spot is marked with white numbers on the yellow line. It sure as hell beats the open parking lot.
Thanks, i'm a loaner tomorrow. Just driving in and I have a garage Blue #30

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
After building dozens of race cars I’m a firm believer in Telflon tape for anything NPT.

I’ve used all sorts of sealants and have had issues in the longterm.

Do what you wish but I’ll never say something on here that I wouldn’t bet my life on.
About to tackle this issue. Ordered the recommended sealent, however, the teflon tape seems like a better option. That ish always works on household plumbing issues :)

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
About to tackle this issue. Ordered the recommended sealent, however, the teflon tape seems like a better option. That ish always works on household plumbing issues :)
I do have experience on the plumbing side being a licensed master plumber. I put Teflon tape and liquid Teflon on top of that for every threaded joint I do. I probably have 10000 plus joints out there just doing dandy at 100+ psi and as high as 180F.

Also 4 trackdays after my leak and fix with Teflon it’s holding solid.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I do have experience on the plumbing side being a licensed master plumber. I put Teflon tape and liquid Teflon on top of that for every threaded joint I do. I probably have 10000 plus joints out there just doing dandy at 100+ psi and as high as 180F.

Also 4 trackdays after my leak and fix with Teflon it’s holding solid.
Just as a PSA - here is my favorite teflon tape:

https://www.mcmaster.com/1726n12

Pretty great stuff; has nickel in it to prevent galling. I use it all the time to make up high-pressure (> 1000 psi) connections and it works every time! Also lets you get more torque on the connection to better seal (as said, the nickel helps prevent galling). Of course, you can't go crazy with soft metals (aluminum, brass, etc.).

Only downside is it is a bit thicker, so you have to work harder to get it to lay down on the male threads before making up a connection.

EDIT: typo

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Very cool, there are many out there with all sorts of stuff.

Just as a PSA - here is my favorite teflon tape:

https://www.mcmaster.com/1726n12

Pretty great stuff; has nickel in it to prevent galling. I use it all the time to make up high-pressure (> 1000 psi) connections and it works every time! Also lets you get more torque on the connection to better seal (as said, the nickel helps prevent galling). Of course, you can't go crazy with soft metals (aluminum, brass, etc.).

Only downside is it is a bit thicker, so you have to work harder to get it to lay down on the male threads before making up a connection.

EDIT: typo
Sponsored