CFTP Wing

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I drove my GT500 down to Georgia and installed an Anderson CF hood on my good friend George's Handling Package equipped '21 Mach 1. It took a bit of work to fit it in place along with a pair of hood pins from Quick Latch. The contours of the hood matched the fenders and front fascia very well. Not perfect but better than I expected. There were studs embedded in the hood for the hinges as well as a plate for the hood latch up front (but we still added hood pins too). The factory Mach1 hood is aluminum but there was still a noticeable reduction in weight between stock and the Anderson hood. Note that we did not add the underhood blanket from the stock hood - it would have required some major trimming for the vents as well as drilling the hood for the requisite push puns to retain it.

I did have to lay out and drill for the seals as well as for the windshield washer hoses and nozzles. It would have been nice to have it drilled by Anderson but I suppose that if they did and Ford changed anything then it would create even more problems so I guess I understand why they don't. The hood George purchased, this one, had mesh screening beneath the hood surface at each "vent." It looked like they cut some strips of material and folded over some tabs to retain it. Minimalist and a bit rough looking from underneath but gets the job done I suppose.

The hood was well packaged and undamaged. I'd say that overall it was a nice piece if weight reduction and a functional performance improvement (via underhood heat/airflow now able to be released) were the metrics you were looking for in a CF hood replacement. Some photos...

MGW6 reduced.jpg

MGW14 reduced.jpg

MGW12 reduced.jpg

MGW3 reduced.jpg

MGW8 reduced.jpg

MGW7 reduced.jpg

George also ordered the swing and flap in CF from Anderson for an aesthetic match to the hood. He has ordered fresh Cup2's as well as a set of 4S's to go along with a set of wheels from Terrance. He fully intends to track the car and to use it for shifter development. I spent time with the car post install and there were no new noises, vibrations, etc. There was no noticeable shake from it at the cowl either, just like stock. I talked to George about fabricating a rain tray to stave off the rains that he's been seeing down there and to prevent or minimize the water intrusion atop the engine he'd see if he drove or parked it in the rain. If we come up with something I'll report back. Overall, I'd say the part itself and the install experience was positive.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Goddamn those rims look so good

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my GT500 down to Georgia and installed an Anderson CF hood on my good friend George's Handling Package equipped '21 Mach 1. It took a bit of work to fit it in place along with a pair of hood pins from Quick Latch. The contours of the hood matched the fenders and front fascia very well. Not perfect but better than I expected. There were studs embedded in the hood for the hinges as well as a plate for the hood latch up front (but we still added hood pins too). The factory Mach1 hood is aluminum but there was still a noticeable reduction in weight between stock and the Anderson hood. Note that we did not add the underhood blanket from the stock hood - it would have required some major trimming for the vents as well as drilling the hood for the requisite push puns to retain it.

I did have to lay out and drill for the seals as well as for the windshield washer hoses and nozzles. It would have been nice to have it drilled by Anderson but I suppose that if they did and Ford changed anything then it would create even more problems so I guess I understand why they don't. The hood George purchased, this one, had mesh screening beneath the hood surface at each "vent." It looked like they cut some strips of material and folded over some tabs to retain it. Minimalist and a bit rough looking from underneath but gets the job done I suppose.

The hood was well packaged and undamaged. I'd say that overall it was a nice piece if weight reduction and a functional performance improvement (via underhood heat/airflow now able to be released) were the metrics you were looking for in a CF hood replacement. Some photos...

MGW6 reduced.jpg

MGW14 reduced.jpg

MGW12 reduced.jpg

MGW3 reduced.jpg

MGW8 reduced.jpg

MGW7 reduced.jpg

George also ordered the swing and flap in CF from Anderson for an aesthetic match to the hood. He has ordered fresh Cup2's as well as a set of 4S's to go along with a set of wheels from Terrance. He fully intends to track the car and to use it for shifter development. I spent time with the car post install and there were no new noises, vibrations, etc. There was no noticeable shake from it at the cowl either, just like stock. I talked to George about fabricating a rain tray to stave off the rains that he's been seeing down there and to prevent or minimize the water intrusion atop the engine he'd see if he drove or parked it in the rain. If we come up with something I'll report back. Overall, I'd say the part itself and the install experience was positive.

The hood from my SE package is also made by AC. I would agree with everything you stated. Could there have been a little more attention to the underside, sure. Overall the hood is very nice, and I am very happy with it.

Just like with any product there are good and bad experiences.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Goddamn those rims look so good
I washed the car prior to those shots. It was 99° outside. Holy crap were those wheels ever a pain in the ass to clean!

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Archetype racing has my gt350 AC hood he is using to prototype CF gt4 triple vents. We’ll see what it looks like done

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Been looking through this thread, maybe I missed it, but what is everyone doing about the holes left in the OEM trunk from the OEM wing? I'd love a CTFP replica wing but my trunk will have clearly visible holes in the centerline.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking through this thread, maybe I missed it, but what is everyone doing about the holes left in the OEM trunk from the OEM hood? I'd love a CTFP replica wing but my trunk will have clearly visible holes in the centerline.
I got a new lid with no holes, had it painted and drilled with new holes. Some had the holes in their original lid filled, then repainted.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Been looking through this thread, maybe I missed it, but what is everyone doing about the holes left in the OEM trunk from the OEM hood? I'd love a CTFP replica wing but my trunk will have clearly visible holes in the centerline.
Mine were filled in and then striped over since mine came with black stripes and the 3 in the center are covered, mine had minimal paint touched, and the two on the corners were plugged with a rubber grommet.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I used rubber firewall plugs from amazon on my racecar

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Mine were filled in and then striped over since mine came with black stripes and the 3 in the center are covered, mine had minimal paint touched, and the two on the corners were plugged with a rubber grommet.
Good idea, already have some pretty thick stripes so that would help a lot

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laid out and drilled holes in an extra decklid I had...

IMG_9201-X2.jpg

Verified wing fitment...

20210312_112824-L.jpg

Picked up a pint of Oxford White paint and dropped the decklid off at my favorite bodyshop. They welded the center holes shut, shot the decklid in Oxford along with a few coats of clear.

20210419_160009-L.jpg

Picked up the decklid and laid it next to my original decklid/swing/flap on the ground.

z5P1A0045-L.jpg

z5P1A0049-XL.jpg

Bolted the decklid in place and added all the trim along with a GT4 wing.

z5P1A0066-L.jpg

z5P1A0053-L.jpg

z5P1A0077-X2.jpg

z5P1A0103-XL.jpg

Shazam...

z5P1A2800%20reduced%20file%20size-X3.jpg

Last edited:

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This is amazing. Pardon me for I’m but a mere GT peasant but do they make this for the regular GTs (not sure if trunk is different)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Laid out and drilled holes in an extra decklid I had...

IMG_9201-X2.jpg

Verified wing fitment...

20210312_112824-L.jpg

Picked up a pint of Oxford White paint and dropped the decklid off at my favorite bodyshop. They welded the center holes shut, shot the decklid in Oxford along with a few coats of clear.

20210419_160009-L.jpg

Picked up the decklid and laid it next to my original decklid/swing/flap on the ground.

z5P1A0045-L.jpg

z5P1A0049-XL.jpg

Bolted the decklid in place and added all the trim along with a GT4 wing.

z5P1A0066-L.jpg

z5P1A0053-L.jpg

z5P1A0077-X2.jpg

z5P1A0103-XL.jpg

Shazam...

z5P1A2800%20reduced%20file%20size-X3.jpg
That looks like it sits higher than stock CFTP, did you change the uprights? Looks really good like that!

edit: just noticed you can see the bolts on the winglets, is this an aftermarket wing?
Sponsored