CFTP Wing

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
F Anderson. Like I said before, never again.
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I'm on the GT500 group on FB and he posted that wing in a box from a distance, but nothing else, and its not a OEM replica, as the winglets are in the back of the box, as you can see in the attached picture, and I have a problem when a person is looking for full payment before he even has it. Cause with MPR I gave half and then requested pictures of the wing before being sent out to make sure it is truly a replica, cause after payment and it arrives and its not what they claim, it can be a real bitch sending it back and trying to recoup the money shelled out. Dont care legit or not, its one thing if its custom only to you, its another when your going to mass produce it and looking for money upfront before you have the product.

wing.jpg
Thats the same pix he sent me.
So is Anderson the only alternative to OEM...?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Thats the same pix he sent me.
So is Anderson the only alternative to OEM...?

*EDITED based on Tob's response*

More than likely unless someone else comes out with one.

Again as I said I am in talks with the company that refinished my wing about a replica, but we need more talks to determine it. Short of this, currently there is no place that makes a true replica.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
AC is working with Ford on a number of CF items so I doubt there is any related lawsuit or "fear" of one between the two of them.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
AC is working with Ford on a number of CF items so I doubt there is any related lawsuit or "fear" of one between the two of them.
Good you cleared that up as I truly was guessing as FFP's wing is not a true oem replica. I will edit my reply, thanks.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Conversing with Charles at FFP (Function Factory Performance), I get the same vibe. He claims they are making their CFTP wing and should have some any day now. He acknowledges that the pix on their site are not the real product. He sent a pix of one in his office that he claimed was their first prototype. It looked flawless and correct. But it was in a shipping box like it just arrived (i.e. not made there). He wants all the money upfront to get on his list.
Overall, his company looks legit. But the stuff on his site that he does stock & sell are all made by others, and the CF parts are from Anderson.
https://ffperformance.co/shop/ford/2015-2021-ford-mustang/2020-2022-ford-mustang-gt500/
I spent 7 months of back and forth with the source of the actual GT4 wings and had an "arrangement" in place. There was a complete wing with brackets that would soon be mine. "Charles" at FFP started advertising at around the same time that his company had these same wings (I'm talking GT4 and not the pseudo CFTP units he was also pandering at the time) in stock and his asking price was in the 10k range. The manufacturer caught wind of Charles' advertisements and issued an edict - none would be for sale to the public. Talk about being f****** pissed off.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I spent 7 months of back and forth with the source of the actual GT4 wings and had an "arrangement" in place. There was a complete wing with brackets that would soon be mine. "Charles" at FFP started advertising at around the same time that his company had these same wings (I'm talking GT4 and not the pseudo CFTP units he was also pandering at the time) in stock and his asking price was in the 10k range. The manufacturer caught wind of Charles' advertisements and issued an edict - none would be for sale to the public. Talk about being f****** pissed off.
This whole thread is just aggravating for all concerned. 🤯

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
that would be the ultimate unicorn purchase

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the unicorn but it wasn't easy...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
cuz the hood situation i read about?
That's one of the reasons. I have read lots more stories such as mine on this forum where AC fell way short on the customer service and standing behind their products.

Whether the item is rebranded as a FP part is a bit of a moral dilemma for me. FP would be the ones standing behind the product and I would not be dealing with AC, but they are the ones who ultimately profit from the manufacture of the part.

So yes, this whole attitude towards AC began with some really F'd up things that they did and how they handled my situation. I was very professional and reasonable throughout the whole process and I thought ACs position and expectations from me were extremely unprofessional and unreasonable.

How anyone does business with this company after continuous stories like mine emerge are unthinkable.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
If you want some real aero, check out AJ Hartman: https://ajhartmanaero.com/mustang/s550-15-17/

I purchased the rear swan neck wing, canards, and front splitter with tunnels. If you want serious and actual aero, this is the best option for the S550 platform. Not cheap, but the quality is excellent and everything was designed by Kyle Forster, who worked as an Aerodynamicist with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team

191020995_781637612379862_7584961684851150823_n.jpg

189579997_493835898544027_6031381484466247009_n.jpg

wing.png

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
That's one of the reasons. I have read lots more stories such as mine on this forum where AC fell way short on the customer service and standing behind their products.

Whether the item is rebranded as a FP part is a bit of a moral dilemma for me. FP would be the ones standing behind the product and I would not be dealing with AC, but they are the ones who ultimately profit from the manufacture of the part.

So yes, this whole attitude towards AC began with some really F'd up things that they did and how they handled my situation. I was very professional and reasonable throughout the whole process and I thought ACs position and expectations from me were extremely unprofessional and unreasonable.

How anyone does business with this company after continuous stories like mine emerge are unthinkable.
That sucks…i want a cf hood when my 500 comes, who else is there?
Sponsored