OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That’s interesting. I actually kept the di injectors and rails off of my core engine as well as all the sensors
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
That’s interesting. I actually kept the di injectors and rails off of my core engine as well as all the sensors
Score 😎
Now your spare will be as complete as the Ford one 😎

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I feel your pain, mine happened about a week ago. New long block should be here this week. I had the crank support but bearing went out so we pulled it to wait for the bearing to come in & literally the following day I went to drive the car & it happened. This was on a 3.7 pulley though. 🥴

35545328-80F7-4849-BD19-9620CA0B3801.jpeg

66B7A6E1-AFE9-410E-AB51-C30B47AE5ACE.jpeg

B7BF2EBF-AE96-4B13-BD28-B703B47E9DDC.jpeg

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Sorry for the headache…. Which Procharger is that? Looks like the blower crank pulley is on the radiator support in the last picture. Did the bolts that attach it to the balancer snap?

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I feel your pain, mine happened about a week ago. New long block should be here this week. I had the crank support but bearing went out so we pulled it to wait for the bearing to come in & literally the following day I went to drive the car & it happened. This was on a 3.7 pulley though. 🥴

66B7A6E1-AFE9-410E-AB51-C30B47AE5ACE.jpeg

B7BF2EBF-AE96-4B13-BD28-B703B47E9DDC.jpeg
Damn! That sucks ! Out of curiosity, how long did the bearing in the crank support last you? I must admit it’s a little bit of a concern being that my car is a street car and I do drive it to work 2 or 3 days a week. Your cat must have been a beast on that 3.7 though. Are you going factory long block or after market?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sorry for the headache…. Which Procharger is that? Looks like the blower crank pulley is on the radiator support in the last picture. Did the bolts that attach it to the balancer snap?
Mine is a d1x. The stage two pulley is still attached to the factory balancer . Those bolts didn’t break, though I’ve previously been down that road. The crank snout snapped clean off and actually the balancer and pulley came to somewhat of a peaceful rest behind the sway bar. What happened inside of the engine when the cams lost time with the crank, not so peaceful!

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Damn! That sucks ! Out of curiosity, how long did the bearing in the crank support last you? I must admit it’s a little bit of a concern being that my car is a street car and I do drive it to work 2 or 3 days a week. Your cat must have been a beast on that 3.7 though. Are you going factory long block or after market?
Bearing lasted me about 3 outings at the track with about 4 passes each night but I’m thinking it would have lasted longer had i not rinsed my engine bay, I think I may have accidentally wet it & caused it to rust I’m thinking that’s what caused my issue, I highly suggest the crank support, I’m going with a new stock long block I’m more then sure the motor can handle the power we we throwing at it, we just seem to have found the weak point on this one fairly early. Lol car only had 10,000 miles. Good luck with your build & I hope all goes well! I’m hoping to have mine back up this weekend, I’m starting to get the Mustang withdrawals already. 😂

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Where's the crank key in all of this? Was it still lined up properly?
Yes sir was still lined up, that’s the back side of the crank pulley in the picture. The exact same thing happened to mine, crank broke threw it out of timing & the heads took a huge crap. I haven’t checked the bottom end just yet.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Bearing lasted me about 3 outings at the track with about 4 passes each night but I’m thinking it would have lasted longer had i not rinsed my engine bay, I think I may have accidentally wet it & caused it to rust I’m thinking that’s what caused my issue, I highly suggest the crank support, I’m going with a new stock long block I’m more then sure the motor can handle the power we we throwing at it, we just seem to have found the weak point on this one fairly early. Lol car only had 10,000 miles. Good luck with your build & I hope all goes well! I’m hoping to have mine back up this weekend, I’m starting to get the Mustang withdrawals already. 😂
I’ve already purchased the crank support. Sounds like I should consider having a spare bearing on hand. It should be a sealed bearing so getting it we shouldn’t really matter

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

That looks like some shitty steel.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
In the pic of your car on the side of the road it looks like the blower crank pulley up on the radiator support area.. wasn’t that bolted to the balancer?

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
In the pic of your car on the side of the road it looks like the blower crank pulley up on the radiator support area.. wasn’t that bolted to the balancer?
That’s actually the water pump pulley, the crank pulley & balancer hit it off & broke my fans & radiator as well.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That looks like some shitty steel.
It's composition is designed for a naturally aspirated, 435hp requirement. What looks shitty about it? The fact that it is broken? So in theory, one could say if anything breaks that it is of shitty material?

There are posts on this forum of block failures. Shitty block.

6r and 10r failures. Shitty transmissions.

Ford makes a mustang with a better crank, better block and better transmission. Its the gt500. Not the shitty GT.
Sponsored