Border wall negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
An expectation is not a conclusion Jimmy boy.
Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
In 3 weeks it shuts again and Trump uses the law that allows him emergency powers to build the wall. Of course, 30 seconds after he does, he'll be enjoined by some marxist judge somewhere and it will get fast-tracked to the supreme court. Who know what happens there with dim-bulb roberts and kavanaugh?
I do not think Roberts is a dim bulb, he is just not very principled and acts more like a politician than a chief justice. And Kavanaugh has never been the conservative the media portrays him to be. He has always been a right leaning moderate.

Trump is very tenacious and will do everything in his power to get that wall built, with or without Congress. The rub is that Trump will work within the confines of the Constitution, unlike Obummer, who hates the Constitution and repeatedly got away with subverting it. I just hope if the Supreme Court gets involved they will do the right thing, not a great track record though.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, What is the general opinion on the "holding 800k + Gov employees without pay" strategy to get the wall funding?
That's a very innacurate way of twisting what happened. Just like a good marriage, compromise between opposing sides is necessary. $5.7 billion to help increase the border safety in this country is a miniscule amount. No thinking reasonable person thinks its a good idea to let people walk over the border not knowing who they are, what they are carrying, if they are healthy and how they will support themselves and their family once they get here. Most people in congress wouldn't bat an eye at spending that much on saving the black spotted wood vole from extinction but all of a sudden portray that as more than this country can afford, all to impress radical people on the left or right. The government shutdown matters little to me, I feel sorry for people that weren't getting paid on time but maybe a private sector job is a better idea. My employees have never seen a late paycheck in 18 years of running my own business.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
This says A lot!!
I’m sorry, what are we supposed to feel? If they are “non-essential”, that means they aren’t needed. If they are not needed, why are we paying them?

You are aware, I presume, that about 85% of the federal govt is unaffected by any shutdown, ever? We are talking about 15% of the govt—the 15% that goes home for the weekend every week which must mean that we have a 2-3 day govt shutdown every weekend.

This is not about a measly $5b, this is a personal vendetta against the President, his family, every member of his administration, and everyone who ever worked for him which the dims fully intend to prosecute as long as they hold the house.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry, what are we supposed to feel? If they are “non-essential”, that means they aren’t needed. If they are not needed, why are we paying them?

You are aware, I presume, that about 85% of the federal govt is unaffected by any shutdown, ever? We are talking about 15% of the govt—the 15% that goes home for the weekend every week which must mean that we have a 2-3 day govt shutdown every weekend.

This is not about a measly $5b, this is a personal vendetta against the President, his family, every member of his administration, and everyone who ever worked for him which the dims fully intend to prosecute as long as they hold the house.
Workers are furloughed all the time in the private sector. Its called a lay off. Why should people that work for the feds not have to live by the same rules as everyone else. These jobs were never meant to be cradle to grave social programs. When work gets slow, people get laid off. I live in Michigan with the auto industry. Its a way of life here, car sales get slow, GM or Ford lays off a bunch of people, they apply for unemployment, some wait at home to get called back, some get other jobs. Everyone feels bad if your neighbor is laid off. Life goes on, we don't declare a national emergency, Nancy doesn't get on TV and scream about the injustice of it all. I bet her husbands businesses use layoffs and furloughs regularly when profits slide. No one accuses them of holding anyone hostage. The whole debate is ridiculous and foolish.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really didn't want Trump to agree to a temporary spending bill, but I do feel like he showed a few things.

Trump is definitely the bigger man. The people going without pay are more important to Trump than his pride. And it also showed that the Dems really don't care about those government workers - other than using them as a negotiating tool.

Trump usually has a plan. He probably saw all this coming and he is just working the plan.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.....Trump is definitely the bigger man. The people going without pay are more important to Trump than his pride.....Trump usually has a plan. He probably saw all this coming and he is just working the plan.
Definitely, usually, probably. Even you don't believe what you say. I can't blame you.

Trump is a midget, in every sense of the word. The only things important to Trump are Trump, money, and attention.

He has no plan, other than to listen to whatever the talking heads on Fox have to say. He opened the government because NY was about to close LaGuardia.

You were once a great superpower. You are now a pitiful laughing stock. You can turn it around at the next election. There is hope.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You were once a great superpower. You are now a pitiful laughing stock. You can turn it around at the next election. There is hope.
Better a has been than a never been, never will be...........

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If we had built a wall back in the 1980s when amnesty was granted to a whole bunch of illegals, we wouldn't have the monumental problem that exists today. It's like waiting to take care of a bad tooth... doesn't get better on its own, and it's going to be more expensive as time goes on.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Trump is a midget, in every sense of the word. The only things important to Trump are Trump, money, and attention.

Did you know that Trump is working for no pay? Do you even try to find out whether something is true or not before you say it?

The US isn't a super power? In what way? And if the US isn't a super power, who is?

Please try to come up with an insult that is even close to the mark. Everything you are saying is almost opposite the truth.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Did you know that Trump is working for no pay? Do you even try to find out whether something is true or not before you say it?

The US isn't a super power? In what way? And if the US isn't a super power, who is?

Please try to come up with an insult that is even close to the mark. Everything you are saying is almost opposite the truth.
My life has been simpler since I blocked him. Claims to be in Oz but can't focus on anything but our President Trump. I couldn't even begin to tell you who the PM of Oz is nor do I care.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just curious, What is the general opinion on the "holding 800k + Gov employees without pay" strategy to get the wall funding?
You mean the "delay pay for 800k employees to avoid building the wall" strategy?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.