Border wall negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone else think that Trump needs to stop compromising more and more on the border wall?

I think Trump's approach should be, "there are lots of things in the typical federal budget that I don't like, and agreeing to a budget similar to last year's is no longer a given. Since you Dems are unwilling to compromise on the border wall, I'm going to start reducing the amount of compromise I'm willing to do in other areas of the budget."

So set various dates and remove more and more from what will be approved the longer the Democrats continue to stall.

1 week - 1% cut to all government spending
2 weeks - 5% cut
3 weeks - 10% cut
Etc.

It could target specific spending/programs that Trump or the republicans don't like as well.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
It really does bother me that Congress and the House still collect checks when the gubmint is shut down.

But then again 50% of Congress are all millionaires so there's that too....with an annual salary of $174k.

Pelosi has shown time and time again she will not accept anything Trump does, even if she herself approved of it a year or two ago

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It really does bother me that Congress and the House still collect checks when the gubmint is shut down.

But then again 50% of Congress are all millionaires so there's that too....with an annual salary of $174k.

Pelosi has shown time and time again she will not accept anything Trump does, even if she herself approved of it a year or two ago
Agree that congress should not be getting paid when they aren't doing their jobs.

I think Trump needs to stop trying to compromise. There's already way too much compromise in the budget. Start by removing baseline budgeting from all future considerations. The wall will save the country money after it's installed, but we could still use some major reductions in the budget. After years of 10% increases or more - even a 50% decrease in their budget is not unreasonable IMO.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know. I think maybe it's a good strategy he's employing to compromise because they are not compromising at all. Especially today, he let it go as a compromise and stated that in three weeks he will do what he has to do. Now that's what I'm waiting to see. After three weeks he said all bets are off in so many words and I hope he sticks to his guns. Dealing with the crazy, unhinged left is tricky business especially when the news media is on board with them.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Well, Nancy the Spaz said that they wouldn't negotiate as long as the govt was shut. So, Trump has called her bluff.

In 3 weeks it shuts again and Trump uses the law that allows him emergency powers to build the wall. Of course, 30 seconds after he does, he'll be enjoined by some marxist judge somewhere and it will get fast-tracked to the supreme court. Who know what happens there with dim-bulb roberts and kavanaugh?

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Well, Nancy the Spaz said that they wouldn't negotiate as long as the govt was shut. So, Trump has called her bluff....
AhahahahahHAHAHA. Trump called her bluff?? lol.

Looks to me like the greatest deal maker in world history caved like an underdone sponge and opened the government after receiving zero dollars for his dumb border wall. If he'd been a better deal maker, he would have accepted the single dollar Nancy offered earlier!!

What a dumbass. From here (and everywhere else outside the USA) its clear you're governed by a incompetent boob.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Looks to me like the greatest deal maker in world history caved like an underdone sponge and opened the government after receiving zero dollars for his dumb border wall. If he'd been a better deal maker, he would have accepted the single dollar Nancy offered earlier!!

What a dumbass. From here (and everywhere else outside the USA) its clear you're governed by a incompetent boob.
Ah, yes; the ocker rears his head.

You know, when I read your posts, I'm struck by a couple of things: first, you're a joyless person of fairly low intelligence. Second, you evidently cannot learn from previous experience; I'd be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time you crowed that Trump was finished only to be proven stupid in short order. Third, you must not have a wife/girlfriend/boyfriend or anything else to hold your short attention span; there you are in Oz with your gaze focused laser-like on President Trump. There's something wrong with you but I bet I'm not the first person to tell you that.

Trump has offered the stumbling, slurring, brain-freezing drunk (aka "the speaker of the house" pelosi), every single thing she claims to want in exchange for discussions about wall funding and she turns every offer down. At some point, it will become obvious--even to you although you'll take longer than most others--that she is really not interested in border security and that what she really wants is to flood America with millions of undocumented democrats. She now has 3 weeks to show she actually cares about the future of America--which, of course, she can't do--after which Trump shuts it down again and builds the wall without her help.

I think the "incompetent boob" you refer to was the former occupant of the White House; his record is 8 years of failure, weakness in the face of the enemies of America, and inconsequentiality on a grand scale.

Although he does have a nice wall around his home in DC.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jimmy my boy, Trump plays the long game. If you have been paying attention you would know that. He has repeatedly established the fact that he is the only one willing to make concessions and his actions are designed to prove beyond any doubt that the other side does not give a damn about border security. In 3 weeks we shall see and maybe you will understand the strategy. It's American politics which requires an approach that sometimes requires some chess playing.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

And what are you governed by in Oz, oh wait, no one cares. Keep your remarks to yourself, we have enough fools, like Nancy, over here already.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
And what are you governed by in Oz, oh wait, no one cares. Keep your remarks to yourself, we have enough fools, like Nancy, over here already.
I think they use a King... or maybe it's a Master of the Buckhounds or Groom of the Back Stairs.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Jimmy, I expected nothing more than that response.

Status
Not open for further replies.