Immigration and border issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
So you are a rigid ideologue and hate Trump. I get it. But would it take you longer to get somewhere if you had to walk for miles to get around a wall versus just walking or driving straight across between two cities?

Asserting that walls are stupid or that they don't work doesn't make sense to me. If you want to hate on Trump or the border wall, come up with a better argument. Maybe say you hate the border wall because it's the wrong color and clashes with your shoes. But don't try to say that walls don't work. That's complete nonsense.
Walls don’t work and have never worked on this scale. Check your history books.
The real issue is we don’t need one at all. It’s a huge waste of money and doesn’t solve the problem. We will be paying money to take it down eventually....
Until we (the USA) can get rid of our drug problem, people will continue to migrate north.
Also, I must laugh as I see these “wall” comments from people up north. We who actually live in south TX don’t see a problem. This whole mess is a invented crisis by our wannabe dictator.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The real issue is we don’t need one at all. It’s a huge waste of money and doesn’t solve the problem. We will be paying money to take it down eventually....
Until we (the USA) can get rid of our drug problem, people will continue to migrate north.
Also, I must laugh as I see these “wall” comments from people up north. We who actually live in south TX don’t see a problem. This whole mess is a invented crisis by our wannabe dictator.
It's hard to believe you would even say this nonsense. It's like you are trying to convince people the sky is red or something.

Walls always work which is why there are walls all around us all the time. If walls were a rare thing you might be able to BS people, but they are not rare. They are used all the time - everywhere. And they work GREAT.

If you don't like walls tear down all the walls in your house and then enjoy. Once you've done that then I will believe that there's a possibility that you actually believe what you are saying.

Here's some light reading for you.
https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/n...es-up-near-el-paso-gofundme-money/1251156001/

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So you are a rigid ideologue and hate Trump. I get it. But would it take you longer to get somewhere if you had to walk for miles to get around a wall versus just walking or driving straight across between two cities?

Asserting that walls are stupid or that they don't work doesn't make sense to me. If you want to hate on Trump or the border wall, come up with a better argument. Maybe say you hate the border wall because it's the wrong color and clashes with your shoes. But don't try to say that walls don't work. That's complete nonsense.
Nowhere I said walls don't work. But they have to be relatively complete and not easy to get across. Given the cost / resources needed for build a wall across southern border, it won't be complete in our lifetime. While I am against illegal immigration - because it is illegal - I see "the wall" nothing more than play for republican base. They actually think something is being done and that it is making a difference, as evidenced above. That's all.
Let me be clear - border enforcement is a must. Wall could work, but since it is unrealistic, other ways of enforcing it should be looking at. Drones / other technology, whatever. It's 21st century.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Was The Great Wall of China Actually Effective? ... The short answer: yes, the Great Wall was successful in keeping semi-nomadic invaders out, which was the primary concern at the time. However, the wall did not stop some large scale invasions, and even the nomadic people were able to breach the wall from time to time

The Great Wall of Texas! Another thing for you guys to brag about.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Nowhere I said walls don't work. But they have to be relatively complete and not easy to get across. Given the cost / resources needed for build a wall across southern border, it won't be complete in our lifetime. While I am against illegal immigration - because it is illegal - I see "the wall" nothing more than play for republican base. They actually think something is being done and that it is making a difference, as evidenced above. That's all.
Let me be clear - border enforcement is a must. Wall could work, but since it is unrealistic, other ways of enforcing it should be looking at. Drones / other technology, whatever. It's 21st century.
How about landmines and machine guns?

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to believe you would even say this nonsense. It's like you are trying to convince people the sky is red or something.

Walls always work which is why there are walls all around us all the time. If walls were a rare thing you might be able to BS people, but they are not rare. They are used all the time - everywhere. And they work GREAT.

If you don't like walls tear down all the walls in your house and then enjoy. Once you've done that then I will believe that there's a possibility that you actually believe what you are saying.

Here's some light reading for you.
https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/n...es-up-near-el-paso-gofundme-money/1251156001/
I guess you can’t read. I said “walls of this scale” - meaning around a country.
The Chinese and French learned the hard way the enormous waste and ineffectiveness of such endeavors.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was The Great Wall of China Actually Effective? ... The short answer: yes, the Great Wall was successful in keeping semi-nomadic invaders out, which was the primary concern at the time. However, the wall did not stop some large scale invasions, and even the nomadic people were able to breach the wall from time to time

The Great Wall of Texas! Another thing for you guys to brag about.
We don’t want no stinking wall. Thank goodness the locals are keeping Trump a bay with several lawsuits to prevent taking their property.
We will all look back on this as one of the dummest discussions in our history. We should spend the money on fixing the problem (our drug addictions) instead of putting up stupid walls.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess you can’t read. I said “walls of this scale” - meaning around a country.
The Chinese and French learned the hard way the enormous waste and ineffectiveness of such endeavors.
Yeah I realized that you were talking about Maginot and the Great Wall. It just seemed like a very poor analogy, so I didn't treat it like a serious argument. I'm not saying a wall at the southern border will stop TANKS or ARMIES from crossing. DUH. I'm saying it will stop easy, quick and casual crossings by every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to flaunt US law. And the wall obviously needs the border patrol as support, which it has.

We don’t want no stinking wall. Thank goodness the locals are keeping Trump a bay with several lawsuits to prevent taking their property.
We will all look back on this as one of the dummest discussions in our history. We should spend the money on fixing the problem (our drug addictions) instead of putting up stupid walls.
Go ahead and fix drug addiction. Sounds super easy to do. :cwl:

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I realized that you were talking about Maginot and the Great Wall. It just seemed like a very poor analogy, so I didn't treat it like a serious argument. I'm not saying a wall at the southern border will stop TANKS or ARMIES from crossing. DUH. I'm saying it will stop easy, quick and casual crossings by every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to flaunt US law. And the wall obviously needs the border patrol as support, which it has.

Go ahead and fix drug addiction. Sounds super easy to do. :cwl:
But both the Great Wall and the Maginot Line could have been effective if used to funnel the invading army into a narrower front to be destroyed. Well the Maginot line would have been effective for that if Frenchmen weren't on the French side. If there were effective soldiers there, the German Blitz could have been stopped going through the Ardennes, or at least slowed down and the lines of communication could have been disrupted. That is what the wall does, funnels the illegals into a smaller area to be arrested and deported. Plus, it's just plain pretty.

Drug addiction would only solve part of the problem, addiction to cheap labor and addiction to underage prostitutes are also causing the problem. If it saves one underage girl from being trafficked across the border to be used for prostitution then the wall is money well spent IMNSHO.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But both the Great Wall and the Maginot Line could have been effective if used to funnel the invading army into a narrower front to be destroyed. Well the Maginot line would have been effective for that if Frenchmen weren't on the French side. If there were effective soldiers there, the German Blitz could have been stopped going through the Ardennes, or at least slowed down and the lines of communication could have been disrupted. That is what the wall does, funnels the illegals into a smaller area to be arrested and deported. Plus, it's just plain pretty.

Drug addiction would only solve part of the problem, addiction to cheap labor and addiction to underage prostitutes are also causing the problem. If it saves one underage girl from being trafficked across the border to be used for prostitution then the wall is money well spent IMNSHO.
Trillions of $$ for a wall that doesn’t solve the problem? That makes no sense. We need to start working the drug problem instead of demonizing what are 99.999% good people.
And as George Bush said, they come here and take the jobs Americans won’t do. We need them to work the fields and clean hotel rooms. We Americans are a lazy bunch.

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trillions of $$ for a wall that doesn’t solve the problem? That makes no sense. We need to start working the drug problem instead of demonizing what are 99.999% good people.
And how exactly will you do that, the War on Drugs has been going on longer than I have been alive, and I'm not a young guy.
And as George Bush said, they come here and take the jobs Americans won’t do. We need them to work the fields and clean hotel rooms. We Americans are a lazy bunch.
That is an incredibly racist and cruel thing to say. They actually come here for our liberal social service programs and free healthcare. Ever try and apply for welfare in Guatemala?

You got a new GT500? Wow, let's see some pics. I'm jealous.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Maybe you are right about walls like the Great Wall and Maginot, but I'm not so sure. I'm not any kind of military strategist and I haven't studied military strategy, but I would think that if you can manage to concentrate enough forces/equipment quickly enough - a wall would be ineffective. Or at least not effective enough. I would guess it depends on a lot of variables such as air support, how effectively the attackers can resupply, the relative strength of each force, movement speed of each force, intelligence capabilities on both sides etc. etc.

My main point is that the wall at our southern border is more equivalent to a fence near a freeway used to reduce the number of deer that get run over rather than being like a barrier to a military operation.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you are right about walls like the Great Wall and Maginot, but I'm not so sure. I'm not any kind of military strategist and I haven't studied military strategy, but I would think that if you can manage to concentrate enough forces/equipment quickly enough - a wall would be ineffective. Or at least not effective enough. I would guess it depends on a lot of variables such as air support, how effectively the attackers can resupply, the relative strength of each force, movement speed of each force, intelligence capabilities on both sides etc. etc.

My main point is that the wall at our southern border is more equivalent to a fence near a freeway used to reduce the number of deer that get run over rather than being like a barrier to a military operation.
Uh yeah, if the Mexican's invade the Texans will fight them off. I've never met a Texan that didn't have 7 guns at least.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.