NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT LIKE HITTING YOUR HEAD ON A WALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
They may not be, but in the eyes of the law, when you take a shot at an officer that is a shot at the rule of law and society in general. But lets say it was just an average Joe who happened to get shot at and the round bounced off his hard hat or the tape measure in his shirt pocket, the law is clear that is attempted murder whether it was a LEO or not.

And I also served probably while you were still in diapers or maybe elementary school. I was in desert storm back in 90-91
Conflating two different things. The shooter is a different issue than the shot. The shooter could be charged with attempted murder even if he or she struck nothing. The LEO was uninjured and unshot. The average joe would also be unshot. Tell what story one will to his buddies in the bar, but he wasn't shot. I did Desert Storm as well. It was not 90-91. It was 100 hours. Desert Shield, the waiting game, was 90. Was far from diapers. Would be glad to compare combat records in a private venue.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
The world will never be perfect, but some are willing to spend their lives trying to make it better. What has made our nation great has been our ability to unite in the face of adversity, over and over again. Be it COVID, Nazis, Russians, earthquakes or the riots that are masking the root causes of the protests, we (Americans) unite and work through it. Were that not the case, this great Democratic experiment called America would have ended long ago.

So, no, the world is not perfect. Does that mean we abrogate our responsibility to care for fellow Americans? All the slogans in the world are useless if we can't stand up and move forward when faced with challenges.
Amen

H I never once heard my parents say anything racist, but...
This is not meant as a jab. Please consider that you might not know racism if you heard it. I’m sure that you don’t consider yourself to be racist and you seem to have your heart the right place and it sounds like you came from a good family...but you’ve said a whole bunch of things that would be considered “racist” if said anywhere in public.

Take it or leave it. You might as well hear it in a safe environment.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
So then you'd be equally as upset and outspoken had the victim been Hispanic, Euro-American, Asian, Middle eastern, Indian, or any other race as well. I would hope that answer is an easy Y-E-S. After all, the issue is police brutality to the point of death regardless of the person's race,gender, or creed. That is what the protesting should be about. If you are only outraged because it happened to a black person then you are as elitist and privilege minded as those you wag your finger at.
Yes, they should be happy they're targeted disproportionately as that is their privilege. Is that what you're trying to say? You do know these protests and the phrase 'black lives matter' carries an implicit 'too' at the end of it right?

And of course, any issue like this bears action no matter race, gender, or creed, but you're statements are very dismissive of the disproportionate number of blights. Essentially ignoring or dismissing the problem because you think it makes them privileged?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
It's kind of related to this discussion but here is a small YouTube video that shines a light on the good people who are out there that the main stream media doesn't talk about.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's kind of related to this discussion but here is a small YouTube video that shines a light on the good people who are out there that the main stream media doesn't talk about.

Good clip, but also shows most focus is on the legal protesting and illegal looting--in this case positive actions being taken in the face of illegal activity. No mention of what led to the legal protests and what needs to be done to address it. What is the problem statement?

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I had a long post but to get to the point...

I protested and didn't loot but I dont condemn those that did. I think it was already mentioned but a lot of looting was done by those who were not even protesting.

For those that are upset with the protests and looting:

Do you know how it feels to be black in America? Do you know the black experience?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
This was not just about George Floyd, its about Sandra Bland and Freddie Gray who died in police custody. Its about Breonna Taylor who was wrongly killed in her bed. Its about Philando Castile who was shot at a stop.

It about the fact that as a black man in this country I shouldn't have to question if I will see tomorrow when I get stopped by the police.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
For those that are upset with the protests and looting:

Do you know how it feels to be black in America? Do you know the black experience?
No I do not. But the color of a persons skin is no excuse to break the law. The world owes me cause I'm black mentality is why they are looting in the first place.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No I do not. But the color of a persons skin is no excuse to break the law. The world owes me cause I'm black mentality is why they are looting in the first place.
Looters are criminals, period. They are not looting because of some racially-related mentality. The focus needs to be on the root causes of the protests; not the looting. What is the nation doing about that?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What reason do the whites give for their looting? Or is it just the blacks doing it?

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't know ask them.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know ask them.
My apologies. I figured that with your insights into the motivations of the “black population“ (African Americans specifically), you might be able to offer some for the whites.
(I’m genuinely hoping that most people on this thread will understand what I’m doing here)

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What conspiracy theory? It's well known that blacks were enslaved in this country from day one until the end of the civil war in 1865. And after the war the south implemented segregation and Jim Crow laws to keep the blacks oppressed, along with using the KKK to enforce the oppression.

Since the civil war ended in 1865, I highly doubt that anyone is still alive who was actually enslaved 155 years ago, so yeah they need to get over it and focus on today's problems in the black community and stop living in the past.
I feel like you’re missing something here.

Those slave owners made a LOT of money at the expense of their “property”.
Wealth usually begets wealth and the reverse is also true.
So whilst none of these people we’re talking about are alive today, the wealth that was created continues on in those white families and the poverty continues on the other side of the ledger.
Fortunately, many have broken through some of the barriers, but clearly some barriers still remain.

Honestly, I used to hold very similar ideas (in reference to the indigenous Australians) but developed a much better appreciation for their plight over time. This doesn’t mean I agree with every single claim they make and it certainly doesn’t mean I can fully understand the issues facing them, but to at least be sympathetic is a damn good start in my opinion.
@HoosierDaddy you once asked me to post evidence of me changing my mind on a topic that I felt strongly about, I think this qualifies.

TL:dr
You don’t see riots of this scale in countries where portions of the population don’t feel a certain level of disparity.
The nearest thing we’ve had (that I can remember) here in Australia was a bunch of bogans (google it) who had nothing better to do with themselves, taking their shirts off and making a disgrace of themselves with the help of some idiots in the media who not only threw the fuel on the fire, but also lit the match and then fanned the flames just for good measure.
Even then, this is not even vaguely in the same league as what you guys are seeing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What every country needs is more like this guy,and less of the other type.

Reactions: DRB

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
For everyone else, it's our duty and obligation as fellow Americans and fellow HUMAN BEINGS to listen and to do our best to see the world through their eyes and to make change. We are all part of this system that has been so brutal and so unfair to specific group of people.

Right now, it's easy to hear the crystal clear message coming from the black community.

Dude, you're so freaking hip deep in the "the world owes me cause I'm white mentality" that you can't see it.

I'm all for having a conversation with people who have a sincere desire to learn. Your mind is slammed shut tighter than Mike Pence's butthole.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.