Status
Not open for further replies.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I just found out the only good thing about living in a small town in Ohio is there are no riots here! But 2 hours in any direction I would hit one.
I hope every one stays safe and out of harms way!!!
If you live in a bigger city put your Mustang in the garage and drive your shit box to work
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I don't see how this is Mustang-specific content but this whole thing is a mess. There's a group of people who want change in society and who have no other way to have their voices heard than demonstrating which is a very American thing to do...then there's a group of idiots who are out for destruction and chaos.

The two groups cannot be lumped together any more than the good cops who do a critical service to our society (which are the vast, vast majority)... and the rare few who are racist and/or violent.
I live in a small town and there have been peaceful, orderly demonstrations happening people are super angry but they are obeying the law and being orderly and safe. I'm glad to see it. I suspect our local police support their message. We're lucky to have damn good men and women on the force around here.

OP
OP
Decanes

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I don't see how this is Mustang-specific content but this whole thing is a mess. There's a group of people who want change in society and who have no other way to have their voices heard than demonstrating which is a very American thing to do...then there's a group of idiots who are out for destruction and chaos.

The two groups cannot be lumped together any more than the good cops who do a critical service to our society (which are the vast, vast majority)... and the rare few who are racist and/or violent.
I live in a small town and there have been peaceful, orderly demonstrations happening people are super angry but they are obeying the law and being orderly and safe. I'm glad to see it. I suspect our local police support their message. We're lucky to have damn good men and women on the force around here.
The reason I even posted this was I say a clip of a young man stuck in traffic in his Mustang getting his windows knocked out for no reason
I wasn't lumping both groups together only the bad part of the one that are on the riot side. I have zero problem with people protesting a good cause and feel this is a good cause to say the least.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
We've had riots downtown for the last several nights.

One of the realities of the way we live in America is that a very small part of the population is directly affected by the immediate violent behavior of rioters and police, even in most metropolitan areas where it is taking place. Here in the Washington metropolitan area the vast majority of people are only as aware of what's going on downtown as they choose to be, and while demonstrations are taking place in many locations all over the United States a very limited number of people (in terms of overall population) are directly engaged or threatened by the immediate events.

The TL; DR version of that is, I suppose, "Well, Duh!"

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The reason I even posted this was I say a clip of a young man stuck in traffic in his Mustang getting his windows knocked out for no reason
I wasn't lumping both groups together only the bad part of the one that are on the riot side. I have zero problem with people protesting a good cause and feel this is a good cause to say the least.
I was going to comment about the same clip. I'm not against the protests either, but some people are involved in these riots just because they want to break shit.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out the only good thing about living in a small town in Ohio is there are no riots here! But 2 hours in any direction I would hit one.
I hope every one stays safe and out of harms way!!!
If you live in a bigger city put your Mustang in the garage and drive your shit box to work
Few small ones in Dayton. Lol you want to buy a JL Stealthbox? My friend lives in Lancaster so I go there a bit. If that’s something you wanted check out my audio ad in classifieds or message

OP
OP
Decanes

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Few small ones in Dayton. Lol you want to buy a JL Stealthbox? My friend lives in Lancaster so I go there a bit. If that’s something you wanted check out my audio ad in classifieds or message
Thanks for the offer but I am many years past putting good loud music in my car lol
I did see your listing it should go quick

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear, I wasn’t sure how visible the ad is to people in general. I had like 5 messages asking me to ship.. but this is going local.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I utterly hate the riots, don't get me started on the even larger idiots looting, but all that silent protest did was get people mocked and called unamerican for taking a knee and a president threatening to take action against companies that endorsed it or even still paying employees that take knees.

Maybe if they took some form of action then, even if minor just to show they WANTED to appease people and their voice was heard instead of just mocking them this wouldn't have blown up like it did.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
we had some peaceful protests in my town and the next one over. however Walnut Creek (about 30 minutes away) had looting in downtown at various stores yesterday. as long as George Soros keeps his paid rioters out of my town I'll be happy

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I remember the 1967 riots in Detroit. The National Guard was called out. Looters were warned before the NG was called out that looters would be shot on sight. Many were. Riots stopped quickly. It won't get better if we stay soft on crime.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
"…I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention." - MLK

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I remember the 1967 riots in Detroit. The National Guard was called out. Looters were warned before the NG was called out that looters would be shot on sight. Many were. Riots stopped quickly. It won't get better if we stay soft on crime.
The major issue I have with that is that you're then saying the penalty for theft is possible death. Companies have insurance and I'd rather hear that 3 Targets have burned down than 30 people have been killed due to looting. I do feel for the small business owners, those are the ones hurt the most by this.

There should be mass arrests but we don't even see ANY of that. I have seen every few cases of people getting arrested. I've seen almost NO prevention and when I do its other protester's working to prevent looters.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
What I don't get is why is the rest of the country getting protests/riots over this MN thing? It's like ordering a burger and fries at McD's and going into BK and bitching at them because McD's screwed up your order. The rest of the country had absolutely nothing to do with what happened in MN and have no control on the outcome of the investigation so why are you idiots bothering us.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.