anyone regret getting a X-Pipe

kendroz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
match 1
I have MBRP x pipe and the sound is great!
in S+ lots of burbles.
Track is crazy.
Sponsored

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Had an H-pipe with resonator delete in my 18 GT. As advertised, it was a deeper tone and some mild popping / burble on decel. Bought my 21 Mach 1 and liked the stock exhaust and didn't think I would modify it. That thought lasted 3 months then figured I'd try the X-pipe with resonator delete for $200. Much improved. Very loud on cold start up so I programmed Quiet mode. As for raspy, just a bit on higher RPMs but it sounds good in a special dare I say exotic way. Not farty, not European sports car, it just sounds like a car called a Mach 1 should sound.

yjfang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 600A, HP, Tremec, Recaros, RSD
Had an H-pipe with resonator delete in my 18 GT. As advertised, it was a deeper tone and some mild popping / burble on decel. Bought my 21 Mach 1 and liked the stock exhaust and didn't think I would modify it. That thought lasted 3 months then figured I'd try the X-pipe with resonator delete for $200. Much improved. Very loud on cold start up so I programmed Quiet mode. As for raspy, just a bit on higher RPMs but it sounds good in a special dare I say exotic way. Not farty, not European sports car, it just sounds like a car called a Mach 1 should sound.
To me, it sounds very close to a stock GT500. The "rasp" isn't some shitty sounding rice burner. It sounds more like a modern / high revving race car engine.

Last edited:

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
If you're worried about raspy sound, do the H-Pipe instead. My favorite mod on my GT!

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Nobody in this thread probably cares about my opinion here lol, but I'm honestly amazed how awesome some modern performance cars sound straight from the factory. I have had no interest in adjusting the sound on the last couple cars I've bought, and think I would regret an X- or H-pipe. I love the track mode exhaust note, and I also love that I can mute it when road tripping or when my mom is in the car. I'm kind of curious if the motivation you guys have for exhaust mods is just a different pitch, more volume, something else?

... Now if I wanted more power, that would be another story and would bring exhaust mods (with a tune) back to the table.
I just finally got my roush x-pipe on a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. 0 regrets and seemed more like it just amplified the sound a little bit over what it was already doing. In my opinion it did not change the tone much, just made it more pronounced. Don't know how the h-pipe sounds but I don't know that I'd want it to sound any different than it does. Sounds stock just amplified with the x-pipe IMO.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
im doing the Steeda res delete x pipe mainly just to drop that suitcase. any more HP or better sound is just a bonus. :)

OP
OP

dbhajek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
im doing the Steeda res delete x pipe mainly just to drop that suitcase. any more HP or better sound is just a bonus. :)
That's really why I want to do it., but the Steeda YouTube comparing H with X was really interesting with the Hp and Torque they got going X pipe.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That's really why I want to do it., but the Steeda YouTube comparing H with X was really interesting with the Hp and Torque they got going X pipe.
It's really negligible and you won't notice the difference.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I fitted a Corsa Extreme with double x pipe, you certainly could feel a difference đź‘Ť

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I added an FRPP X pipe to my 2015 GT - it barely made the car any louder - but those cars had super quiet factory mufflers....I added a Roush H pipe to my 2021 GT - and WOW....way, way, way too loud....too much drone, hated it...put the stock resonator back on the car - interestingly, a stock resonator when brand new gets just a bit louder as it breaks in.

So, I have an H pipe sitting in my garage with a couple thousand miles on it....

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I’m very happy with my x-pipe. I prefer the sound and like that it’s different from the majority.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I just looked that one up and the only complaint I'd have about it is that it's 409 stainless steel. Borla has a mid section that's got a resonator as well. The Magnaflow True X actually chokes the exhaust so I'd pass on it.
There's a thread by EngineerMike pressure testing different areas of the exhaust and the Magnaflow actually wasn't as efficient as you'd think it is.

Exhaust Pressure Testing | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com
Butt dyno confirms the above. Had a Tru-X installed on my 2018 GT for less than a day. Installed and test drove, and not only was it quieter than stock in mid-RPM's, it made the car feel slower! Thought I must have been imagining things at the time but this confirms it.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I did a Borla S type with an x pipe and it sounds fantastic. Of course it's a whole system and not just a res delete.
Sponsored