anyone regret getting a X-Pipe

dbhajek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Thinking about getting a X-Pipe but worried about sound.

Thanks
Bud
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do it! At roughly $200, theyā€™re cheap enough to try. If the sound doesnā€™t sound good to your ear, then remove and sell it. Have you been to any local cars n coffee events to see if someone there has a Mustang with an x-pipe that is willing to let you hear it or maybe even take you for a ride before you decide?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I have had an X on this car and also a plain X and a resonated X on the 2018 GT, and took all three off and replaced with H pipes. Currently running a Summit Racing H pipe with a 12 inch Vibrant resonator welded in the drivers leg. To me, an X pipe makes the sound volume level less consistent, very loud at start up but much more quiet in the mid range. But lots of people run X pipes and love them.

IMG_4729.JPG

Last edited:

yjfang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 600A, HP, Tremec, Recaros, RSD
I've always liked the way GT500 sounds and did not realize until recently that it has a X-pipe /resonator delete from factory. I think X-pipe on the Mach 1 would be awesome (and it is what I am planning on doing when I get mine). Question is which one? Ford Performance, Corsa, Roush, or Steeda?

If you're worried about the "loudness", you can always put the Active Exhaust in quiet mode when needed.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I would've regretted the X pipe, but thankfully I went with the H pipe the first time!

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Generally speaking, an H-pipe will produce a deeper tone, whereas an X-pipe will produce a higher, raspier tone.

It might in some cases be thought of as rumble versus burble.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had The H with active mufflers and went to resonated 350 x with active mufflers and couldnā€™t be happier.
There is a X GT 500 set up in the market now if I had a Mach 1 I would be all over it.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's louder and sounds good up to like 4000rpm, then it gets raspy AF. I went with a resonated X (still alot smaller and lighter then the stock resonator) and sounds amazing without all the rasp.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I have a Corsa Extreme complete with double x pipe which sounds amazing šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Nobody in this thread probably cares about my opinion here lol, but I'm honestly amazed how awesome some modern performance cars sound straight from the factory. I have had no interest in adjusting the sound on the last couple cars I've bought, and think I would regret an X- or H-pipe. I love the track mode exhaust note, and I also love that I can mute it when road tripping or when my mom is in the car. I'm kind of curious if the motivation you guys have for exhaust mods is just a different pitch, more volume, something else?

... Now if I wanted more power, that would be another story and would bring exhaust mods (with a tune) back to the table.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm kind of curious if the motivation you guys have for exhaust mods is just a different pitch, more volume, something else?
More volume, a little bit better scavenging and a little bit of weight loss. It's so popular because of how easy and cheap it is to do and doesn't require specialized tools so anyone can do it even on jack stands.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I've got an h-pipe and when the car was NA it was fine. Now though since I've added an SC, every time after I've gone WOT and taken my foot off the gas, I become a Rice Krispies box (Snap, Crackle, Pop). Don't like it. I've bought a Borla Switchfire and hope that makes it better. Crossing my fingers.
Sponsored