Sponsored

2022 Forscan codes

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
What are some things I should enable/disable while in there? I want to enable the performance shift light and disable the center speaker.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Just unplug the center speaker, it's easy and a lot quicker than going thru forscan.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I have yet to see a sheet for the '22, and my GT wasn't recognized when I connected to try Forscan.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
OP I don’t think performance shift light will work unless you have the digital dash (which it should be enabled already if you do). Someone correct me if I’m wrong because I would love that feature too.

I have done some FORScan tweaks on my 22. Changed the sync boot screen, double honk, IPC speaker chimes only, the audio system fix, turned off a bunch of chimes, and added the active exhaust. So it’s deff possible! I found that once my pc connected to the car it was better to use the options that were labeled with words rather than numbered sections. FORScan seems to have the changes figured out before us forum guys do!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
OP I don’t think performance shift light will work unless you have the digital dash (which it should be enabled already if you do). Someone correct me if I’m wrong because I would love that feature too.
That's correct. With the digital dash the performance shift light is available by default. You can set it from the on-screen menu.

Here's what I did to mine:
- changed the number of turn signal flashes from three to four
- disabled the double honk when you leave the car while the engine is still running
- disabled the open door chimes
- disabled the ESC chime
- disabled the green upshift/downshift arrows on the dash
- enabled automatic door lock upon driving off
- completely disabled the collision alert and the automatic braking
- disabled the outside temperature display in Sync (because I already have it on the instrument panel, so I'd rather have a clean clock on Sync).
- disabled the oil reminder that pops off at every engine start when the oil life drops below 10%
- disabled the key in ignition chime
- increased the wipers' delay after washing the windscreen from 250 ms to 550 ms

Last edited:
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I have the digital dash but it’s only enabled on the manual cars and has to be enabled for auto.

That's correct. With the digital dash the performance shift light is available by default. You can set it from the on-screen menu.

Here's what I did do mine:
- disabled the double honk when you leave the car while the engine is still running
- disabled the ESC chime
- disabled the outside temperature display in Sync (because I already have it on the instrument panel, so I'd rather have a clean clock on Sync).
- disabled the oil reminder that pops off at every engine start when the oil life drops below 10%
- increased the wipers' delay after washing the windscreen from 250 ms to 550 ms
seeing your post is what made me want to go in there and disable double honk and increase the turn signal from 3 to 5 lol.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have the digital dash but it’s only enabled on the manual cars and has to be enabled for auto.
Yes, I didn't think of that. It kind of stands to reason, I mean you don't need a shift light if the gearbox shifts by itself when it sees fit. But I guess it's useful if you drive in manual mode a lot.

That double honk is horrendous. The first time I heard it, it nearly gave me a heart attack. :cwl:

I'm also glad about the wiper delay thing. Each time I washed the windscreen, the wipers would start just a tiny bit too early, enough to make the first wipe semi-dry. Now they're perfect.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
That double honk is horrendous. The first time I heard it, it nearly gave me a heart attack. :cwl:

I'm also glad about the wiper delay thing. Each time I washed the windscreen, the wipers would start just a tiny bit too early, enough to make the first wipe semi-dry. Now they're perfect.
Thank you for posting your list, my car is not yet arrived, but I think I will apply most of your tweaks because I like them. Especially the turn signal, double honk and wipers delay.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Go into the menu and turn off courtesy wipe, that's what Ford calls that single wipe at the start on rain sensing wipers. No need to go into forscan for that.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Go into the menu and turn off courtesy wipe, that's what Ford calls that single wipe at the start on rain sensing wipers. No need to go into forscan for that.
No, I'm not talking about the courtesy wipe. Disabling that was among the very first settings I changed.
I'm talking about the amount of time between you pulling the windscreen washer lever and the wipers moving. By default they start wiping after 250 milliseconds, which is a bit too short, because the windscreen hasn't had enough time to get properly wet.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
oh sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about courtesy wipe.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82

Here's what I did to mine:
- disabled the ESC chime
Is there any shift light feature with manual and no digital dash?

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am intrigued and scared of changing the codes. Can things be changed which will make the can unusable?
Sponsored