FORScan Codes - S550 Mustangs

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by EastTNMustang, Feb 12, 2018.

1. EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    #1 EastTNMustang, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    I've been reading several FORSCAN-related threads on this Forum (it's been raining a lot in East TN) and have not seen a single-point collection for all the FORSCAN Codes available to us S550 owners (look at the Fusion or F-150 Forums and you will see they have a great collection of FORSCAN codes for their platforms.)

So to that end, I'm putting together a spreadsheet which shows the FORSCAN codes we may be able to use to modify/customize our S550 rides. Please bear with me as I continue to update this thread with the spreadsheet (I'm still reading multiple threads collecting the info and I know there are updates for Speedo corrections, tire sizes, etc.)

THANKS and credit goes to: [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION], [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION], [MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION], [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION], [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] (and many others) for all the ground-breaking work they've done to track down these codes and help others to learn about FORSCAN. I'm just here to collect the info in one place and make it easier for us to track the codes.

Please post on this thread (or PM me) any new codes or corrections that you may have...it is helpful if you post/PM the code change in the following format (this is an example): IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx - default/as built data, IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 5xxx xxxx enabled , then a Description of what change did.

NOTE: This thread is not intended to answer questions such as: What is FORSCAN? Where do I download FORSCAN? What OBD device should I get? etc. Please use the Forum's search function for those type of questions. This thread should be to add/correct/remove FORSCAN codes that affect our S550s and to answer questions of what some of the codes/functions change in our vehicles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsjNNLuEvLQa7PEcSN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit?usp=sharing

Relak, Kep4, Ramn and 16 others like this.
  2. poncho@home

poncho@home GettingOld

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Thanks! I got to start looking into Forscan as well.

3. OP
    OP
    EastTNMustang

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    Updated with the following:

Stereo Extended Play - Adjust how long you want your radio to play before turning off
    Secure Idle (Automatics only) - If car is running and you remove the fob, shifter can't be moved from Park
    Turn Signal - # of flashes for lane change - if you quick/temporary move turn signal indicator, you can modify how many flashes before it turns off
    VIN # - where to see the VIN # in the BCM Module

4. DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
    0   0   0
    Is it possible for ForScan to modify things in the lcd dash? If so I might start digging into that.

5. Fordever

Fordever Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT/CS Vert
    0   0   0
    Should this be a sticky????? Maybe????:shrug:

6. 5pointOh

5pointOh Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP @falcon_S550
    0   0   0
  7. Gman

Gman Gman

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Magnetic Mustang
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    #7 Gman, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    X2 I was about to say the same thing.

This is the real Forscan thread that is sticky in DIY section. It has almost everything that can be done. Some not listed but those are on the F150 spreadsheet

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

8. OP
    OP
    EastTNMustang

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    I’ve seen that thread and from what I’ve read, the thread you listed is for gathering as many data points (as-built info) as possible to help in deciphering the codes for FORSCAN. The list I’m putting together is for people who are familiar with FORSCAN and want to look up specific changes they can make...all of those changes listed in one document.

5pointOh and 16Fastback like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    EastTNMustang

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    Funny you list this thread...this is what got me thinking about gathering all of the FORSCAN changes in one easily accessible thread.

Have you read the entire 151 pages? LOL It seems that a couple of lists were started in that thread, but then stopped. I’m collecting those FORSCAN changes, and other changes from 3 other forum threads (along with reviewing the F150/Fusion/Explorer/Expedition forums) to have one document that lists those changes.

10. D24112

D24112 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 MT
    0   0   0
    I have read all 151. Please complete the list.

Spart likes this.
  11. fionic

fionic spaghettios and cheerios

Vehicle(s):
    15 GT PP
    0   0   0
    please see the spreadsheet in my sig. there may be a newer one that someone else has made since in the diy thread already posted (also in my sig). reminder that these are control module value changes, not really codes.

12. MakStang

MakStang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Makis
    Vehicle(s):
    A 2017 miraculous little beast
    0   0   0
    I have the impression that [MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION]’s spreadsheet is a bit more up-to-date.

EastTNMustang likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    EastTNMustang

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    Your beginning work on these FORSCAN changes (your second signature spreadsheet) is what started me on this collection effort. AngelDeath's thread and you taking on the initial collection is nothing short of great.

As that thread progressed, more and more codes (changes) were noted but did not make it onto your list (your first signature spreadsheet.) Nothing wrong on your part, we all get overtaken by events sometimes.

After reading the 151 pages I thought I could help the Mustang 6G community by collecting this information (along with the GT350 data) and place it on page 1 of a FORSCAN titled thread...so when folks use the Forum search function they would be able to find the info quickly.

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes doing this project...I'm retired and have a lot of time on my hands, so just trying to help.

Thanks.

schenoy1, JJones, Spart and 2 others like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    EastTNMustang

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3
    0   0   0
    :) I'm paddling as fast as I can :thumbsup:

A lot of posts to sift through...for the third time

JJones likes this.
  15. D24112

D24112 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 MT
    0   0   0
    Here is one I've been looking for..

"I installed a set of switchback LED turn signals recently, love the new lights, quickly got tired of the hyper-flashing indicator in the car. Santa brought me an OBDLink MX and I got Forscan installed and licensed. Today I tried my hand with Forscan and got the hyper-flashing turn signal indicator turned off.

727-27-01
    Before: x1xx xxxx xxxx
    After: x0xx xxxx xxxx

I found the info here: S550 Guru - Disable signal hyperflashing and can confirm it turns off hyper-flashing on my 2017 GT premium. Someone else posted this link earlier but I couldn't find the post to thank them.

Forscan is an interesting tool, I plan on playing with it some more in the future. To all the pioneers who blazed the trail, a big hat tip....
    __________________"
    Plagiarized and Courtesy of catchthecarp

MakStang likes this.
  16. Schu

Schu Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    S550GTPP
    0   0   0

Where are all the quality European header and exhaust options for the s550? I've been waiting for some of the more well known to make those products.

17. 5pointOh

5pointOh Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP @falcon_S550
    0   0   0
    Wrong section, this would be better posted in the Euro or V8 section. This thread is for Asbuilt data

18. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Would love to be able to display Engine Oil Temp instead of that Low/Normal/High Gauge and word display. It's measuring it, so it can surely be displayed.

19. Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Race Red Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Second this.

20. JohnD

JohnD Legend in his own mind

Vehicle(s):
    16 GTPP
    0   0   0
    You can get it, I have it on a Forscan dash on my phone, but I am told it is a "calculated value", that there is no actual oil temp sensor.

Hardcore would add a remote filter/cooler and a sensor in the block off plate, but that's a lot more complex than necessary for most people I think.