Sponsored

Anyone here smart with Forscan and DCT codes?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Finally got Forscan going and I'm slowly learning what everything is.
I checked for DTC's and there are none, everything shows ok, but noticed under log it shows DCT's in ABS and DCT's in TCU. Any idea what those mean? I assume since its in the log and there's nothing under DCT's its old?

Doesnt the TCU have something to do with navigation or the cloud?

Screenshot 2022-02-07 151707.jpg
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
U-codes are communication/configuration DTC's. Can't remember either off the top of my head, but a U0140 would be either lost communication with X module or invalid data received from X module (since no problems are occurring, probably a leftover historical DTC). I think the U2100 is an incorrect or not (properly) configured module, don't remember exactly. The TCU is the Telematics Control Unit, all it really does is send/receive data from the car to Ford's server's/FordPass (lock/unlock, remote start, oil life, fuel level, etc.).

Either way, if you're not having issues with anything, I wouldn't worry. It's pretty common to see some U-codes in modules that are historical.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply. Much more information then on the actual forscan forum lol

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Much more information then on the actual forscan forum lol
No problem! This stuff is my line of work, so I figure I may as well help some fellow Mustang enthusiasts out when I can and save some money and headache :p.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No problem! This stuff is my line of work, so I figure I may as well help some fellow Mustang enthusiasts out when I can and save some money and headache :p.
That's awesome you have a lot of knowledge with it.
Is there a way to monitor things like O2 sensors, spark plugs, etc with it or no? It's already overwhelming going through it. lol

Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I haven't used Forscan personally (only dealer tools), I think there may be some info on Forscan's site to view PIDs and such. Otherwise I'm certain someone has a Youtube video lol.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I haven't used Forscan personally (only dealer tools), I think there may be some info on Forscan's site to view PIDs and such. Otherwise I'm certain someone has a Youtube video lol.
You should really consider adding Forscan to your arsenal if permissible. I have IDS and Forscan on the same laptop, and unless I'm programming I will always go to Forscan first for speed and ease of use. The MPVI2 works especially well with forscan.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
That's awesome you have a lot of knowledge with it.
Is there a way to monitor things like O2 sensors, spark plugs, etc with it or no? It's already overwhelming going through it. lol
Yes, Forscan is pretty good at this. You can graph, record, etc.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any details on what the expected "healthy" values should be for each of the sensors ? I've saved a FORscan log of a short drive and I'm trying to decipher what the data says.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I've done quite a bit in Forscan for my '16 Police Utility. Can 't get it to recognize my '22 GT. It reads all the modules, then disconnects with an error about capability....
Sponsored