Sponsored

2018 GT PP2 Rear Differential Overheating Issue

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thanks to everyone for jumping in! All the info really helps.
Other than the Kenny Brown kit, does anyone have a thermostat that turns on the pump and fan at a specific temp?

I don’t think I want to run a heavier diff fluid as I will be using this regularly on the street.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Worst case, the viscosity change and the wrapping doesn't fully solve your problem and you end up with a cooler. The viscosity change and wrapping are still going to be good things.

Norm
A duct to get air flowing over and around the unit instead of under it is what is needed heat rises and has no where to go, force cool air to go up and around it with a duct.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
The FTBR cover comes with one extra hole drilled NPT (can't remember which size, but same as drain and fill holes).

The FTBR way...
You then thread the NPT to AN adapters into the OEM drain hole and the additional hole drilled adjacent to the OEM fill hole. The hose from the drain feeds the pump and cooler. The return is to the hole adjacent to the OEM fill hole. To change the fluid you remove the AN line from the drain hole. and remove the plug from the fill hole. So you're breaking one of the AN connections every time you change the fluid.

My way using FTBR kit less the modified cover...
I don't have the adjacent hole because I'm running the factory base GT cover. I threaded the return NPT to AN fitting into the OEM fill hole. I break both the feed and return AN fittings every time I change the fluid. No issues in doing it this way. If I ever do, I'll replace the faulty NPT to AN fitting and the hose end.
that is how the Kenny Brown kit is designed. No cover, uses both drain and fill port on stock cover.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
In These kits is the fan pushing or pulling air through the radiator? Someone mentioned using rubber stand-offs to add separation between the radiator and the bottom of the spare tire well.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Other than the Kenny Brown kit, does anyone have a thermostat that turns on the pump and fan at a specific temp?

I don’t think I want to run a heavier diff fluid as I will be using this regularly on the street.
I run the 140wt on the street too.
I drained a tiny amount of oil after a few track days and it was not even a little bit dark.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base

ftbr comes with thermostat switch and manual override.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I run a switch

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
In These kits is the fan pushing or pulling air through the radiator? Someone mentioned using rubber stand-offs to add separation between the radiator and the bottom of the spare tire well.
This is my FTBR Diff Cooler mounted on my 2019 PP2. It has been flawless in all applications.

Diff Cooler 2.jpg

Diff Cooler.jpg

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

There are plenty of kits like you describe for turning fans on that could be used for pumps as well.

For example:
https://www.holley.com/products/cooling/wiring_harnesses_and_relays/parts/185FH

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple
would it be possible to just put a GT500 rear cover on and run the GT500 rear diff cooler and rear pump? Like does anyone have a wiring diagram for that pump. Least that was my plan.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
It looks like I got the last Fluix rear cover for the time being. You guys are F'd, LoL! Pumps and coolers all around, Lads. Either I'm stoked or paid a bunch of money for ballast.

I spent some time talking with Istvan, who developed and sells the cover. The dude has a Phd in engineering and is completely legit. His problem is that Euro's don't tend to mod their cars much and Americans seem skeptical of the effectiveness vs. cost. He's having trouble with sales. I'm wondering if casting it here instead of there might be a win/win by pulling cost down for the people who are more likely to buy it?

Assuming I get good results, what price would make it interesting for everyone around here? I want to be able to give the guy a reasonable bogey to chase.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
It looks like I got the last Fluix rear cover for the time being. You guys are F'd, LoL! Pumps and coolers all around, Lads. Either I'm stoked or paid a bunch of money for ballast.

I spent some time talking with Istvan, who developed and sells the cover. The dude has a Phd in engineering and is completely legit. His problem is that Euro's don't tend to mod their cars much and Americans seem skeptical of the effectiveness vs. cost. He's having trouble with sales. I'm wondering if casting it here instead of there might be a win/win by pulling cost down for the people who are more likely to buy it?

Assuming I get good results, what price would make it interesting for everyone around here? I want to be able to give the guy a reasonable bogey to chase.
I think the challenge is you can install a guaranteed to work pump/cooler/fan combo for ~$500 and it doesn’t involve wrestling that 80lb+ chunk of iron while laying on your back!

if you have a proper lift setup, I get it..

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

I would drop $500 USD right now if it was from a US vendor like Lethal, CJ, AM, LMR or even Amazon w/fulfillment.

I've been boned by shipping too many times, let alone international shipping.
Sponsored