1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend the first thing to do is to wrap the exhaust in the area around the diff. Then do as suggested with using a leaf blower between sessions. Then if you need to add extra cooling add the cooler.
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Poor cold water in front of leaf blower and spray the diff for a minute
This drop 80f minimum

Oil cooler is your next upgrade

Amd then ducting the radiator and coolers together with some hood vents.

raab02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP2
Bringing this thread back, for a 2019 PP2 on typical track days (4x20min sessions with about an hr wait in between) are we only concerned with diff temps? Oil, tranny, coolant temps are fine as stock equipped? I'm good with purchasing one of the aftermarket active diff cooling upgrades (MMR etc.) Thanks for any inputs.
Having solved the diff temps with the Fluix cover this past season, I'm wondering the same thing.

I think this offseason I'll wrap the entire exhaust from cats on back to meet the wrap I've already done around the diff. The trans tunnel turns into an oven, so anything to help there would probably improve the situation in general.

Aside from that, as another person mentioned the oil seems like the next place to work on... is there a consensus on the best kit for that? Ideally something that doesn't require a ton of hacking as I still have this illusion of keeping my car stock-ish for streetability and/ or resale one day.... (yeah right).

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Bringing this thread back, for a 2019 PP2 on typical track days (4x20min sessions with about an hr wait in between) are we only concerned with diff temps? Oil, tranny, coolant temps are fine as stock equipped? I'm good with purchasing one of the aftermarket active diff cooling upgrades (MMR etc.) Thanks for any inputs.
Easy button is FTBR for the diff. Ran it on my pp2. in hindsight you could probably assemble one cheaper from parts if you wanted. I'd recommend using a mechanical switch instead of dealing with a temp switch.

But once you fix that. You'll also need bigger radiator, hood vents and a remote engine oil cooler.

I also blew the vent fitting out of the thermostat housing. It's a shitty press fit. I removed it, tapped it, and installed an NPT to barb fitting. I'd also highly recommend this as it's an easy upgrade while you have your coolant drained for the radiator install.

Mechanical grip of the PP2 allows for a lot of time on the skinny pedal and BIG heat generation. You'll get to expose all the weaknesses of the GT cooling system. And yes even if only trying to run 20 minutes straight at mild ambient temps.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
The mishimoto oil cooler is a great compromise between effectiveness and easy installation.

Otherwise
Setrab oil coolers (you need to pick and choose every compontent) or derale.
Fyi trackmustangsonline.com might be a better and more track oriented forum for those things :)
Ale

Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
The mishimoto oil cooler is a great compromise between effectiveness and easy installation.

Otherwise
Setrab oil coolers (you need to pick and choose every compontent) or derale.
Fyi trackmustangsonline.com might be a better and more track oriented forum for those things :)
Ale
Speaking of Setrab engine oil coolers, I don't know how well this setup works, but would be curious if anyone has tried it: https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/engine-oil-cooler-ford-mustang-gt

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I have never had an issue with any cooling on the drive train with the Full Tilt boogie diff cooler. I do change my diff and tranny fluids annually, use stock gear oil in the diff and Motul in the transmission, Motul brake fluid and 4 Motul or Liqui Molly oil changes per year. The one thing I wanted to head off at the beginning was having a sensor send the diff into limp mode during a session.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I used Steeda's Bill of Materials and it cost $650 from Summit Racing. And I added panel connectors, and a roll of hose so I can do an 'indoor' install instead of an external one. Need to find someone to attach the hose-ends but that shouldn't be that hard. The plus is the motor I got is rated for continuous duty.

mjd80345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP@
I have a PP2 and installed the active cooler
from full tilt boogie so I don’t have to worry about it. Diff has never gotten above 200 even on the hottest days after repeated use.

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Has anyone purchased and installed the MMR kit.. I have one on order, just wanting to get ready for prepping tools and stuff ready.

Does it come with instructions, wiring schematic, fluid connection layout etc..?Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I have just completed Battery relocation to the trunk in preparation for the install.

Dave

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
FWIW, My diff stayed reasonably cool on my track day today - admittedly my first track day - but I was still hitting 155 on the front straight at ACS and pushing it hard - no one passed me and I passed everyone in front of me, but was 3rdquickest in my group. 1st sessions went to about 208, and second to 225. :whew: Now I need to learn how to corner faster.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I trying to understand the diff cooling options. The 2019 PP2 should have the diff temp sensor. Do I understand correctly I don’t need to replace my diff cover to add an external cooling system?
So far I’ve found full tilt boogie solution but they don’t seem to have a phone number. I don’t like to do business with companies I can’t talk to. MMR doesn’t have any installation instructions. Seems like a real basic step. Kenny Brown seems to have a great solution, SS braided lines, quiet premium pump and thermostat controlled on/off and detailed install instructions with pics, But almost twice the cost of other solutions. Full tilt doesn’t seem to price their kit without the cover. You would think that would be easily cleared up but I couldn’t find a phone number and I don’t do Facebook.
I don’t feel comfortable sourcing my own parts, I don’t have that kind of experience. Glad to pay for someone else’s expertise.
the finned cover from Fluix seems like an OK solution with exhaust wrap. But I’d need to pay soeneone to pull apart my car, exhaust and drive shaft and half axle to drop the diff. To install the cover. So once I’ve paid for install it’s the same as a powered cooling solution that I could install.
I’m open to any suggestions, tell me what I’m missing here.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Full tilt doesn’t seem to price their kit without the cover. You would think that would be easily cleared up but I couldn’t find a phone number and I don’t do Facebook.
Why do you want this kit without cover? They provide email for contact.
Sponsored