Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The goal is to just *almost* hit the cones with the rear tire. If you're hitting it with the front or just missing it, something went wrong. That said, I have more cone marks on the front bumper than the side, although a nice number of them on the rear wheels.

I'd love to see real aero analysis of the efficacy of canards at autox speeds (20-75 mph). I'm skeptical that they'd make any significant difference but I've been wrong about aero assumptions before. Regardless, it's not something I'd worry about protest wise.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I know there's an internal political battle to have the Camaro keep staggered tire widths front-to-rear. I have to think this is part of it. A (literal) ton of nose weight can't help. They are frisky on the throttle, though...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Another fun rules based aero thought project for the group here.

SInce SCCA seems to be allowing aftermarket equivalent wings to be installed on lower models due to chassis equivalency (Camaros running aftermarket copies of the wing from the ZL1 1LE for example) is there any reason the S550 cars couldn't run the splitter fences from the GT500 CFTP or even the base cars with the handling package? I know the Ford units aren't a direct bolt-on, but for my car the ZL1 Addons would fall under the "stock equivalent" ruling I would imagine.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/mustang-2005-2018/products/mustang-gt500-extensions

Sure they're drag heavy, but I am not too concerned about drag at the moment, but the rules make no mention of limitations on splitter wickers/fences or even canards for that matter.
The unspoken word of mouth ruling (I know thats B.S., but passing it along) is no splitter fences, but OTOH canards seem ok. Thats what I’ve heard anyway. ‘21 we almost had a protest around splitter fences on one GT, but protester backed off, and so we never got a ruling.

Idk about adding the GT500 things to a GT, but then again one guy in ‘22 has been running an entire GT500 replica bumper complete with those things and I don’t think anyone batted an eye since he had the whole front clip.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Who's buying a wing ? Also min weight 3480 with the driver given people incentive to lose some weight ;-)

It'll be interesting to see how many cars show up with wings, I think CAM S will probably be most impacted.

(don't see how this proposal doesn't pass since people have been crying over aero since like forever)

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
KZ or any of you others going to STL for the CAM Extreme Challenge in May?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Who's buying a wing ? Also min weight 3480 with the driver given people incentive to lose some weight ;-)

It'll be interesting to see how many cars show up with wings, I think CAM S will probably be most impacted.

(don't see how this proposal doesn't pass since people have been crying over aero since like forever)
Where did you see that proposal?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
KZ or any of you others going to STL for the CAM Extreme Challenge in May?
I am strongly considering either this or Jeff Cox's CAM event in Bristol two weeks later - I'd one of those and almost certainly not both.
Currently leaning towards St. Louis, it's about 5.5 hours for me.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am strongly considering either this or Jeff Cox's CAM event in Bristol two weeks later - I'd one of those and almost certainly not both.
Currently leaning towards St. Louis, it's about 5.5 hours for me.
Well, would be good to meet you if you do make it to STL. I am hoping to be moderately adequate at this sport by the May event.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

I mean, yeah I'll probably shop some wings. The spoiler I have does do the job... so probably not in any particular hurry.

I really like what they're doing there, sharing a ruleset with XS and CAM. Good call.

I also like that the splitter rule is worded slightly differently than before and is a bit clearer. (not 6" *forward* anymore, says 6" *from* the body (as viewed from above). To me that means diagonal and to the sides are ok.

The replaced/modified body panels I think still means the cut corvette bumpers still seem ambiguous to me..

GT350R and models that shipped with a rear seat delete from Ford may now be in CAMS, which probably wasn't the intent?

I'm not sure about CAMT cars competing in CAMC. They can make (our) weight a lot more easily, and AFAIK, nobody has gotten to min weight yet with a CAMC car. That would kind of suck, IMHO.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yea I think there needs to be some clarification on the 2 seat GT350R situation.

Also don't understand why the CAM-T cars would play in CAM-C. That has to be someone who doesn't have much of anyone in CAM-T in their region or something.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I mean, yeah I'll probably shop some wings. The spoiler I have does do the job... so probably not in any particular hurry.

I really like what they're doing there, sharing a ruleset with XS and CAM. Good call.

I also like that the splitter rule is worded slightly differently than before and is a bit clearer. (not 6" *forward* anymore, says 6" *from* the body (as viewed from above). To me that means diagonal and to the sides are ok.

The replaced/modified body panels I think still means the cut corvette bumpers still seem ambiguous to me..

GT350R and models that shipped with a rear seat delete from Ford may now be in CAMS, which probably wasn't the intent?

I'm not sure about CAMT cars competing in CAMC. They can make (our) weight a lot more easily, and AFAIK, nobody has gotten to min weight yet with a CAMC car. That would kind of suck, IMHO.
Local friend just bought a Mach 1 and it said it had rear seat delete from factory, listed on a window sticker.

Agree with CAM T cars - but I thought they always could run C ? Never paid attention to it honestly... But they're lighter, typically have way more power (at least competetive builds that I see), have very well sorted out suspension and are generally smaller (which IMO matters too, especially on small courses) so I am not sure why someone thinks they would be slower than C cars.
Sponsored