Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
iSeeCars has analyzed 1.2 million vehicle listings from February to March and listed which vehicles currently have the highest dealer price markups.

The Mustang is #12 at 19.1% above MSRP.

On average, new cars are listed for 9.9% above MSRP.

message-editor_1648665679831-mostmarked-upnewcars.jpg
Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Crazy market. I am afraid it will only get worse for another 2-3 years. What I read is the chip shortage will continue to 2025.

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
It's the reason I ordered new via Granger vs buying used. Had been saving for 10 years prior to just buy a 15-17 cash. Didn't even make sense anymore with the way the market currently is. Why not spend the extra 5-7K and buy new at this point. I feel bad for kids turning 16 soon.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I just paid sticker a month ago for a base GT, 6spd, 301A, active exhaust, blackout emblem pkg, safe and smart, and a few other options. $40k. Shop around, I called a few dealers, that had close to what I wanted on the lot and asked if they had markups. Went to the dealer with no markups.....on mustangs. Good luck on a bronco though.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The Mustang is #12 at 19.1% above MSRP.
Glad I got mine in the middle of the pandemic at 14% under MSRP.

This number is even scarier knowing that there are still dealers that are selling at or below MSRP even today. So some of the dealers are asking well over 19.1% above MSRP.

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Non-PP

This number is even scarier knowing that there are still dealers that are selling at or below MSRP even today. So some of the dealers are asking well over 19.1% above MSRP.
Yeah, im glad I got mine during the pandemic too. Used 19 GT premium with only 6k mi on it, completely bone stock, $28k. Had to go 3hrs away for it but totally worth it and still loving it.

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
Yeah, im glad I got mine during the pandemic too. Used 19 GT premium with only 6k mi on it, completely bone stock, $28k. Had to go 3hrs away for it but totally worth it and still loving it.
I would have jumped all over that. Everything used with reasonable miles was around $32k or more. Let alone a premium. Well bought.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Strange that they seem to list specific trim levels for some of those cars, but not for others... I'd be curious how those 'Stang markups vary by Ecoboost, GT, or even Mach 1 or GT500 (though I suspect the latter two might be too low volume? esp the GT500).

Damn, that must have been super early in the pandemic soon after the market crashed for a couple months... I sold my 2015 GT PP with 31K miles last July to a dealer for $30.5K (and I'm sure plenty of people have similarly crazy stories). Probably coulda gotten at least $32K or so in a private sale.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Same, 32k for a new car. I could probably still sell private party for 35k given the low miles so other than gas and insurance (and mods lol) it's been practically free money to drive this car. I won't sell it though. Nothing else I really want at these prices.

I remember people telling me it was dumb to buy instead of waiting, that dealers would be begging people to buy cars eventually. Lmao

Theoneriggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Daytona 392, 2022 Ram Rebel, 2022 Mach 1
I just paid +8% ($5k) on Saturday for a Mach 1. Fomo got me. Buggers!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I picked up a 301A GT A10 with 7800 miles for 30k even march of 2021. At the time I questioned myself, but now it would be close to 40k i bet.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Fight the ADM's. Go to other dealers not charging ADM's. They exist out there and expand your search out of state. I absolutely cannot stand the marked up prices ABOVE MSRP. It's called MSRP for a reason. Sure, Covid caused a lot of our supply issues and whatnot but we all know ADM's existed BEFORE all of this happened. It's nothing but dealership greed. I'd be fine if they all went under and and went to online orders only, one price to pay, and have a few service centers placed in populated areas for repairs. Get rid of the middle man. I would feel bad for the honest dealers out there though. I just wish they all could be fair in their ways but at the end of the day it's a business and they are trying to stay afloat. I just don't like donating my hard earned money outside of the product I'm purchasing.

Granger Ford and Chapman Ford have both taken great care of people on the forums here.

Last edited:

21 antimatter

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT Premium
I feel very fortunate that I was able to get a 2021 leftover (Antimatter Blue doesn't seem to be a desirable color either) for $7,798 below original asking price. Ended up being ~11% below MSRP with 0% financing through Ford. Good deals are still out there. I always try to buy last year's model in late winter.
Sponsored