Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Why is everyone surprised every other thread turns out like this? I've said it once, I'll say it again. Look at the typical Mustang driver and it all makes sense.

The Mustang is synonymous with hot head, douchebag, insert expletive here. Whoops... did I just post that? Sorry, not sorry.
Sponsored

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
download (1).jpg

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I have absolutely have no issue with Mexico. When I worked for Panasonic I visited our TV & telephone factories in Tijuana on a regular basis. I also visited our refurbishing factory in Reynosa. They did excellent work and were fantastic workers.
I'm an automation guy, so I'm deep in manufacturing and my experience has been the same.

I lived and worked in China as well, and I can tell you they are perfectly capable of quality manufacturing. I have a MT6 so I hope it isn't garbage, but even if it is, it's because the quality/cost was what Ford specified.

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am curious. Does any vehicle manufacturer on the planet make 100% of any vehicle ( parts and assembly ) in the respective country?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'd honestly like to see the breakdown percentage of some of the Chinese car brands that are China only. I would not be amazed if a huge part of those are internally made.
Funny, I just looked at that. Figured if any country could do it, it would be China. Unfortunately there is nothing that actually confirms any Chinese car is made from 100% Chinese parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_China

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ferraris have to be close to being 100% Italian.

Porsches close to being 100% German.

FWIW, at my Car's & Coffee this past Sunday, there was a brand new 911 Turbo S in a color called Chalk. Seen here behind the cool yellow car.

1624898466187.png

Might be the coolest looking car I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ferraris have to be close to being 100% Italian.

Porsches close to being 100% German.

FWIW, at my Car's & Coffee this past Sunday, there was a brand new 911 Turbo S in a color called Chalk. Seen here behind the cool yellow car.

1624898466187.png

Might be the coolest looking car I've ever seen.
Not Ferrari
https://italychronicles.com/really-made-in-italy-ferrari
Porsche
Unlikely especially if the are wearing Pirelli or Michelin shoes.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Oh I completely agree that there's nothing 100% automotive made in the US anymore.

My comment was more geared toward the fact that the article title and content of it is misleading. The parts used to assemble the vehicles are not all made here in the US as we very well know ... so although the manufacturing plant, assembly line and folks putting these cars together are on US soil - the content used is not and hasn't been 100% made in America for quite some time.

I''m not seeing how "parts content" can be a category used for making the list for determining the criteria for which the article is implying. We know most of the parts content is farmed out to overseas Corps and manufacturing facilities. This doesn't only apply to vehicles, it's for nearly anything as you stated in your reply.

It's a poorly written article with a horrible title for a subject line IMO...
Let's be frank, not just automotive. Look at just about any American brand, whether it's Philips, RCA, Magnavox, etc. Whether it's kitchen appliances, entertainment electronics, etc., they're all made elsewhere or assembled here with parts from outside of the country.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's sort of hopeless to whine and snivel about Made In The USA in this global economy day and age.....

Another case in point: spend some time in the parts room at your local Harley dealer sometime. H-D is about as red, white, and blue as it gets as far as image, but that ends when you get behind the parts counter and see what the reality is.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Well, close.....not saying 100%.

And really, tires shouldn't count.
If tires don't count, then we can eliminate a lot of other items on the vehicle that are relatively easily replaceable.
Sponsored