Sponsored

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
It's pretty sketchy that a administrator can just come and pull a response and make it look like it's never even been there.

It's interesting that my response which was post number 27 has been completely removed totally changes the Outlook from there down.

I will repaste my answer to Schwerin below this see if the admins remove it again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
Hold on let me put on my double seeing glasses so I can try to see the BULLSHIT that you're trying to talk about.

You clearly have a MASSIVE reading comprehension issue. I suggest you re-read what I've said.. many times... I'll wait for you to figure out where your 1000% wrong in your understanding. You're a smart boy I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

If Canada counts in "American made" then so does Mexico. Ya know...my whole fucking point. You can't be hypocritical and say "well Canada counts, but Mexico doesnt" when they are BOTH part of North America. You can either COUNT THEM BOTH, or DONT COUNT EITHER.

And no. I'm not clicking a single one of those links because they have 0 application to the conversation or my point

You're an Fool

fool

See synonyms for: fool / fooled / fooling / fools on Thesaurus.com
noun
a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement:
the court fool.
a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid:
to make a fool of someone.
SEE MORE

verb (used with object)
to trick, deceive, or impose on:
They tried to fool him.
verb (used without object)
to act like a fool; joke; play.
to jest; pretend; make believe:
I was only fooling.
SEE MORE DEFINITIONS

SYNONYMS FOR FOOL
simpleton, dolt, dunce, blockhead, numskull, ignoramus, dunderhead, ninny, nincompoop, booby, saphead, sap.
zany, clown.
moron, imbecile, idiot.
delude, hoodwink, cheat, gull, hoax, cozen, dupe, gudgeon.
See synonyms for fool on Thesaurus.com

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You're an Fool

fool

See synonyms for: fool / fooled / fooling / fools on Thesaurus.com
noun
a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement:
the court fool.
a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid:
to make a fool of someone.
SEE MORE

verb (used with object)
to trick, deceive, or impose on:
They tried to fool him.
verb (used without object)
to act like a fool; joke; play.
to jest; pretend; make believe:
I was only fooling.
SEE MORE DEFINITIONS

SYNONYMS FOR FOOL
simpleton, dolt, dunce, blockhead, numskull, ignoramus, dunderhead, ninny, nincompoop, booby, saphead, sap.
zany, clown.
moron, imbecile, idiot.
delude, hoodwink, cheat, gull, hoax, cozen, dupe, gudgeon.
See synonyms for fool on Thesaurus.com
Why are you so butthurt? Just let it go. Insults won't get you anywhere. Now apologize so I know you're an authentic Canadian.

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
Why are you so butthurt? Just let it go. Insults won't get you anywhere. Now apologize so I know you're an authentic Canadian.

Think you'd be pretty butt hurt too if some douchebag made a post like this about America

"Kinda sad when the tranny is China, engine is assembled in Canada, many electronics are from Canada and overseas..." (Schwerin)

Literally Post number two literally the reason I even said anything.

Imagine if the roll was reversed here. Change Canada for the U.S in his statement.

Think about how ignorant it is

Put the US parts in the same category as parts made in China and overseas. Then said douchebag continues on to place the United States auto industry on parwith Mexico saying that its the same.

Doesn't matter that United States has been making vehicles hand in hand with Canada since horse-drawn carriages.

Would you be happy about that?

I think it's pretty obvious why I was butt hurt if you read the first two pages.

We Canadians literally started the auto industry hand in hand with the Americans.

I'm sure you would not be happy if we Canadians were lumping the United States in with China and Mexico and overseas regarding their products.

Especially in an industry America and Canada have been in since the beginning.

My family had over three generations that have worked in the auto industry in Canada.

I've seen plant closures and many people lose their jobs and many products be moved to Mexico.

And by plant closures I count ones in Canada and the United States. Once the good paying jobs are gone they never come back.

I guess that's why I'm butt hurt.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Think you'd be pretty butt hurt too if some douchebag made a post like this about America

"Kinda sad when the tranny is China, engine is assembled in Canada, many electronics are from Canada and overseas..." (Schwerin)

Literally Post number two literally the reason I even said anything.

Imagine if the roll was reversed here. Change Canada for the U.S in his statement.

Think about how ignorant it is

Put the US parts in the same category as parts made in China and overseas. Then said douchebag continues on to place the United States auto industry on parwith Mexico saying that its the same.

Doesn't matter that United States has been making vehicles hand in hand with Canada since horse-drawn carriages.

Would you be happy about that?

I think it's pretty obvious why I was butt hurt if you read the first two pages.

We Canadians literally started the auto industry hand in hand with the Americans.

I'm sure you would not be happy if we Canadians were lumping the United States in with China and Mexico and overseas regarding their products.

Especially in an industry America and Canada have been in since the beginning.

My family had over three generations that have worked in the auto industry in Canada.

I've seen plant closures and many people lose their jobs and many products be moved to Mexico.

And by plant closures I count ones in Canada and the United States. Once the good paying jobs are gone they never come back.

I guess that's why I'm butt hurt.
I was born in Windsor, the home of the Dodge Caravan and several Ford engines. So I get it, I do. But going on a tirade because someone likened it to other countries and downplayed the significance is just gonna get you banned

Sponsored

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
I was born in Windsor, the home of the Dodge Caravan and several Ford engines. So I get it, I do. But going on a tirade because someone likened it to other countries and downplayed the significance is just gonna get you banned

You're absolutely right. And being from Windsor you absolutely do understand.

I'm backing out at this point.

I think I've posted more than enough information and said everything I have to say on the subject.

As requested....

(Ice445 said:
Why are you so butthurt? Just let it go. Insults won't get you anywhere. Now apologize so I know you're an authentic Canadian)

I'm sorry this thread turned into what it did.

The Canadian auto industry is near and dear to my heart and has helped build Canada into what it is today.

N6S8aLZr.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's pretty sketchy that a administrator can just come and pull a response and make it look like it's never even been there.

It's interesting that my response which was post number 27 has been completely removed totally changes the Outlook from there down.

I will repaste my answer to Schwerin below this see if the admins remove it again.
It’s not sketchy at all. This thread went totally off the rails. It needed to be addressed. The personal attacks, on both sides, are uncalled for.

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
blamecanada.jpg

Full disclosure, love my BRP products.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Rather remarkably, given the turn in the conversation, I see no claim or inference anywhere in the article that any of these vehicles are "100% made in America." But I'm old, and I skim sometimes.
:wink:

Yeah, but, come on - it's what we do. 😁

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
blamecanada.jpg

Full disclosure, love my BRP products.
I wasn't sure this thread was worth reading......then I saw this, and knew it was.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
1624544001244.png

Wait.....that pic is missing something....hmmmm......hold on....

BAM!!!!

1624544066423.png

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Made in America arguments are red meat for people who just don't understand economics.

Imagine the same concerns and efforts, but now at the state level. Don't buy beef from out of state, buy local. Don't buy grains and grain products from the midwest, subsidize local farmers that have to spend more money to grow it locally.

Produce, oil, steel, services, whatever.

You buy the best value product available (meaning benefit compared to cost). Period.

If you can get the SAME product from a cheaper source, you do it, it's natural economic law. By SAVING that money, you then turn around and buy MORE stuff than you could before, thus fueling your own economy further.

The OVERALL churn and economic activity generated from purchasing the best value and lowest price goods (apples to apples) is HEALTHIER for our domestic economy.

Where the argument has merit is when it comes to unfair rules, laws, regulations.

But I don't care if it's made in Canada or Ukraine or Cleveland, I buy the best price.

Just like I don't care if a good steak comes from Texas or Florida or Nebraska. I don't care if my gallon of gasoline comes from Texas or North Dakota or Saudi Arabia. I buy the cheapest gallon of gas I can.

We should focus LESS on where stuff is made and more on ensuring everyone is operating under the same agreements, rules, expectations, etc.

A similar ignorance occurs around automation. Automation is GOOD. It increases our productivity and in the end results in us being able to consume MORE goods and services for the same price(s) and therefore improve our quality of life.

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
download.jpg

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
man its spicy in here.