Sponsored

Mustang Honeymoon is over...

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm not bashing the German companies either, like anything, some batches are better than others, everyone will have different experiences, etc. I too bought into the allure of German quality when I bought my R56 Mini Cooper S. Most unreliable car I've ever owned.
Wait wait wait....let me get this straight.

You're basing German engineering, reliability, and quality....based on a f'n MINI COOPER you owned?!? A Mini Cooper bro. Serious?

In that case, you need to judge Hyundai by it's Accent.

Mini's quality control is a known issue. But good job pointing out what is barely a German car and not considered a heavy hitting German brand.

Obviously you're not getting this at all so there's no point in continuing this conversation.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

You're basing German engineering, reliability, and quality....based on a f'n MINI COOPER you owned?!? A Mini Cooper bro. Serious?

Mini's quality control is a known issue. But good job pointing out what is barely a German car and not considered a heavy hitting German brand.

Obviously you're not getting this at all so there's no point in continuing this conversation.
His Mini experience isn't that far off the mark from other brands ....
So does BMW or MB qualify as a "heavy hitting German brand" ?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

And clearly you glossed over the multiple times I said I worked at an Audi, BMW and Porsche dealer and another used German vehicle dealer for 8 years where I saw the basket cases come in every day from those manufacturers, just like you did at the Hyundai dealer. But since you seem to be selectively reading, you're right, this won't go anywhere. Cheers.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I'm a lifelong car guy and I've owned 4 V8 Mustangs and they have each been great cars where it matters (at least to me). They have all been reliable, fast and good looking cars. I've never had a moment's concern with "build quality". My 1st GT in 1986 was $14,500 new, did all of the panels align perfectly? Probably not, and I seem to remember a somewhat squeaky hatchback and rubbed paint in the opening. But hey, I recognized the fact that it was an assembly line built vehicle and wasn't going to be perfect. I also drove that car on several long road trips and as my D.D. without issue so I don't let those kinds of imperfections like squeaks make me crazy. I also understand they aren't going to stop the assembly line to adjust a small gap on a fender, or a decklid, that costs time (money) on an assembly line. The dealer is supposed to (in a perfect world) catch those types of flaws during the pre-delivery inspection after the car is delivered to them and before it is sold to you, and make necessary repairs/adjustments. Sometimes things slip through or during your ownership other concerns come up, that's why you have a warranty. If the cars were perfect and the automakers knew it, they wouldn't need to have a warranty in place to repair defects. So far after a year and a half, I haven't had my '17 GT back to the dealer once for anything, I'd say this probably the best built car I've owned. Anyway, if a person feels it's time for a change, it may be, but the new one (whatever it is) may not be absolutely perfect in its "build quality" or silent in its operation either. Remember, It's still a machine that's built on an assembly line. Buy it, drive it, try to relax and enjoy it, don't let the tiny things ruin the larger experience! Good luck with whatever you choose!!
well said...did ya'll hear what Mama said? (shut up) and drive! Dman
Sponsored