Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

Canarcie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang gt

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
It starts with the sub and then you are left wanting. I started this way and now have a full custom system with a DSP and component speakers. It's amazing. I hate that Ford wires the tweeters with the 3.5" mids but running new tweeter wire is no big deal.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
It starts with the sub and then you are left wanting. I started this way and now have a full custom system with a DSP and component speakers. It's amazing. I hate that Ford wires the tweeters with the 3.5" mids but running new tweeter wire is no big deal.
Yea…I totally understand what you are saying. I started with 25mm wheel spacers and now I am down the rabbit hole of Ford Track shocks/struts/sway bars/PP bracing under the hood/Springs etc.

I am not unhappy with the B&O but I understand the saying “you don’t know what you don’t know”. I am sure if I heard your system then I would be less satisfied with mine.

Canarcie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang gt
It’s all finished I know there was a lot of questions on this subject, but here is my setup ran completely stock just added subs and amp to existing B&O system!!!!! Any questions on how I did it let me know I will help out as best as I can , from the knowledge brought to me from some great people on here.

0579349C-B1F9-4D05-8469-7CDB131E4531.jpeg

CC85E99A-BAAC-4D72-9FE5-D3BCA7349AFB.jpeg

B575AB3F-4B71-41B8-A257-D45DA2158241.jpeg

3A3DFB8E-854C-411E-8747-9D65D7556B14.jpeg

A3EFFD79-BB37-46DB-A075-A27BFAA1DA20.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It’s all finished I know there was a lot of questions on this subject, but here is my setup ran completely stock just added subs and amp to existing B&O system!!!!! Any questions on how I did it let me know I will help out as best as I can , from the knowledge brought to me from some great people on here.

0579349C-B1F9-4D05-8469-7CDB131E4531.jpeg
Nice job! Now get some grilles before something bad happens.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Looks great. I am sure it sounds good.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Ok i have read through this and i have not seen where anyone is experiencing what i am, unless i missed it. but im almost at my wits end trying to figure this out. My problem is my remote wire. I have done just about everything i have read in here from tapping the sub fuse in the passenger side fuse box, to the blue/white wire in the harness in the trunk, to the power window fuse. The problem im having is it works only in accessory. I turn my car on and start driving and 3 minutes into the drive it starts to flicker. Sometimes going out completely then intermittently cut on and off. What can i do. Is there a harness thats plug and play for the GT premium with 9 speaker system. I do not have a factory sub. Im using a pioneer all in one speaker and amp set up. PLEASE RADIO GURUS HELP A POOR SOLE!!!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ok i have read through this and i have not seen where anyone is experiencing what i am, unless i missed it. but im almost at my wits end trying to figure this out. My problem is my remote wire. I have done just about everything i have read in here from tapping the sub fuse in the passenger side fuse box, to the blue/white wire in the harness in the trunk, to the power window fuse. The problem im having is it works only in accessory. I turn my car on and start driving and 3 minutes into the drive it starts to flicker. Sometimes going out completely then intermittently cut on and off. What can i do. Is there a harness thats plug and play for the GT premium with 9 speaker system. I do not have a factory sub. Im using a pioneer all in one speaker and amp set up. PLEASE RADIO GURUS HELP A POOR SOLE!!!
If you used the blue/wht wire in the trunk, I believe that is ON when the car is running (or the start button has been pressed). If your amp remote-on is cutting out intermittently, then your connection is bad. How did you tap into it?

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
If you used the blue/wht wire in the trunk, I believe that is ON when the car is running (or the start button has been pressed). If your amp remote-on is cutting out intermittently, then your connection is bad. How did you tap into it?
with a tap. The kind that clips onto the wire then you plug the spade into the bottom.

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
As stated it plays fine with the car in accessory mode. It doesnt however when im driving.

jbeez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pkg1, 2014 Taurus SHO w/ PP
To test, can you hook a steady 12v up to the remote in and see if you get the same behavior?

jbeez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a picture of your crimpers and also an example of a crimped wire end? I had a set of ratcheting crimpers that never crimped properly I could pull the wires out of the ends, I have a nice Klein manual elbow grease crimped and it’s pretty solid. Everything you describe is screaming something is loose

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
To test, can you hook a steady 12v up to the remote in and see if you get the same behavior?
Im almost at that point where I'm going to hookup a constant 12v and drive around and see if its does it. My conncetions are solid so I know nothing is loose.

jbeez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Im almost at that point where I'm going to hookup a constant 12v and drive around and see if its does it. My conncetions are solid so I know nothing is loose.
You may also need to wire a relay in, if the current draw happens to be too much for your remote source. No idea how much current you’re pulling but relays are cheap
Sponsored