68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue Metallic
Right now velcro strips on the bottom . No movement, but I haven't driven the car hard.
There is plenty of room in the trunk. The box is 19 inches long. Nine inches wide on the bottom and tapers towards the top to about 6 or 7 inches. It is only 13 inches tall.
Sound is good. Really fills out the low end and it has a lot of punch. For $165, I am really happy.
The sound system finally sounds the way it should have when it came from the factory.
Was it hard to wire it in? I'm not completely an audio phile, plus I don't like taking apart a new car, but I assume it needs to connect to the battery correct? How did you run the power to the battery? Thanks.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Not hard, but if you don't know what you are doing, it can be daunting.

My son in law is a mechanic and ran the power wire for me. He ran it through a grommet in the firewall on the passenger side. He got to the grommet by taking off the wheel well. Just a couple of clips.

My friend is a electrical wizard and helped me wire my rear deck speakers. I tapped off of those to a line out converter for the amp. I grounded the amp with a nut in the spare tire well.

I don't know if I would have attempted it without qualified help. If you are not sure, find out how much it would cost for a stereo shop to install if you supplied the kicker. Or find out how much they would charge to supply the kicker and install it.

Before I bought the Rockford Fosgate, I checked with a couple of stereo shops. They had several small self powered kickers that they would install for under $300. I did not ask how much the install would be if I supplied the kicker.

Like I said, the Rockford Fosgate was only $165. So if they add al little to that and install it, that might be a better way to go for you.

OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Not hard, but if you don't know what you are doing, it can be daunting.

My son in law is a mechanic and ran the power wire for me. He ran it through a grommet in the firewall on the passenger side. He got to the grommet by taking off the wheel well. Just a couple of clips.

My friend is a electrical wizard and helped me wire my rear deck speakers. I tapped off of those to a line out converter for the amp. I grounded the amp with a nut in the spare tire well.

I don't know if I would have attempted it without qualified help. If you are not sure, find out how much it would cost for a stereo shop to install if you supplied the kicker. Or find out how much they would charge to supply the kicker and install it.

Before I bought the Rockford Fosgate, I checked with a couple of stereo shops. They had several small self powered kickers that they would install for under $300. I did not ask how much the install would be if I supplied the kicker.

Like I said, the Rockford Fosgate was only $165. So if they add al little to that and install it, that migh6

t be a better way to go for you.
Im really leaning towards that route...thanks for the info

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Im really leaning towards that route...thanks for the info
You Are Welcome.

I see that you are a Vet. My family and I would like to Thank You for your service.:cheers:

OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You Are Welcome.

I see that you are a Vet. My family and I would like to Thank You for your service.:cheers:
Thank you...we do appreciate hearing that from folks so thanks again
Sponsored