Sponsored

Have you bought Tires lately?

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
I legit wanted to know your thoughts though, I actually prefer gy supercar 3's for track, great balance of grip, price and lifespan, but have been very happy with pss for street. I've not tried other street tires though on the 350 as the pss also works on track decently so it's the easy button for street and rain tire combined IMO. I've heard the continental makes a great street/rain as well but haven't ran it yet.

the cup 2's that came with my non-R died too quickly and weren't super fast, but the R cup 2's I tried feel amazing, but likely will die too quick for my cheap mindset to keep buying them. Same with gy 3R, fun but short life.

I like trying things, but also don't want to waste money if what i'm using works well.
I don't track my car so it's used 100% for the street and I love the cup 2s. I love the low tread look in comparison to the ps4s thicker tread and since I don't have to daily my car I'm getting pretty good life out of them. Just wish they were more reliable in the rain.
Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
They have all increased in price also. The Conti Extreme Contacts were considered a cheaper alternative. I notice the larger sizes in the Conti (305/35/20) are now more expensive than the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on Tire Rack.
I have the extreme contact and I'm pretty happy with them. They have exceptional dry traction. I can't comment on tire wear or wet traction as I haven't had them long and I don't drive the car in the rain. Their price point is a tad salty.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Hello all,

So the time has come and I must replace my cup2s.

This morning, I placed an order for Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The order went thru and in about 15 minutes... I got a phone call from TireRack.

Apparently, they don't have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or the Cup2s. Michelin has not been in production for those for months. Does anybody know more on this? I'm assuming COVID reasons but... not sure.

I am at 6,000 miles with my Cup2s, I have not tracked them but it is time...
But if I can't find any replacements... It would be ridiculous to rent a car just because I can't find a set of tires.

Have you guys had any issues getting tires recently?

PS i'm in Monterey California if anyone knows a place California that has those tires in stock.

TIA!
Hey OP…..
Please post some pictures of your tires. There are many here that know how many miles you have left. Some have gotten well over 10K on their original set. I’ve got about 7500 miles on mine and not going to change any time soon.
I rotated left to right at 5000 as some recommend.
That said, ordering ahead of need is a smart thing. I’m used to the Cup2’s so I’ll probably replace with the same OE’s. Your car is set up for the OE Cup2’s. Maybe look into that.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Hello all,

So the time has come and I must replace my cup2s.

This morning, I placed an order for Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The order went thru and in about 15 minutes... I got a phone call from TireRack.

Apparently, they don't have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or the Cup2s. Michelin has not been in production for those for months. Does anybody know more on this? I'm assuming COVID reasons but... not sure.

I am at 6,000 miles with my Cup2s, I have not tracked them but it is time...
But if I can't find any replacements... It would be ridiculous to rent a car just because I can't find a set of tires.

Have you guys had any issues getting tires recently?

PS i'm in Monterey California if anyone knows a place California that has those tires in stock.

TIA!
I had the same problem and had to go with Nitto's 05's
Have to say I love these tires no more trame lining and they are holding up well

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have to replace my 295/35 19 Conti SportContact Extreme. I bought a set of used 305/35 19 Mich PSS from a member here that still had 6/32 tread, they come with 8/32s. The Conti 295s are on back order so I ordered a set of Mich 285/35 19 MIch PS4S to go with the Mich PSS rears, its taking 5 days to get here. Seems to be a shortage going around.

If you have a Shelby GT350 and you need tires for all corners, everywhere its on backorder even for the 295/35/19 MIch PSS. The PS4S is available for the 295s but they don't make them for the 305s. WTF!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini Cooper JCW, 2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Hey OP…..
Please post some pictures of your tires. There are many here that know how many miles you have left. Some have gotten well over 10K on their original set. I’ve got about 7500 miles on mine and not going to change any time soon.
I rotated left to right at 5000 as some recommend.
That said, ordering ahead of need is a smart thing. I’m used to the Cup2’s so I’ll probably replace with the same OE’s. Your car is set up for the OE Cup2’s. Maybe look into that.
I ordered a set of PS4S back in May from Tire Rack because they were (at that point) going on 2 months of not having the 295/35/19 MPSS in stock.

Are you on stock wheels?
hi, i've only rode on the street and i'm pretty sure i can get another 5K out of the tire. I'm at 5K now.
But I'm going on a business trip soon for three month and when i get back, i am moving from California to Maryland. so i wanted a new tire on there just it case my tire gives out during a long road trip. I'll take a pic and post later today.

I am currently on stock Cup2's. I don't dislike them but since this is my daily driver, I would like the PS4S 295/30/19 & 305/30/19 or the PSS 295/35/19 & 305/35/19. and to be fair, i haven't done ALOT of research. I'm have only worked with TireRack so i have some loyalty with them but i haven't really looked elsewhere. I think discount tires may have some. But i was just alarmed that TireRack representative told me Michelin have not been producing for a while.

has anyone here experienced both PS4S and PSS? how do they compare?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
has anyone here experienced both PS4S and PSS? how do they compare?
i've not tried both, but keep in mind that the oem pss sizes were alledgedly stickier than "normal" pss tires, so when others say the ps4s is a better tire, i'm not sure that is an apples to apples comparison when talking about the our specific application.

I'm guessing they are very similar tires, and on street you'd likely never hit the limits of either.

OP
OP

brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini Cooper JCW, 2020 Ford Shelby GT350
I just ordered Michelin PS4S at TireRack lol. the guy says they about 400 in 295s and about 500 in 305s.

for the MPSS, he says its showing NPS (No production scheduled)

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’ve run both the Michelin and Continental and I thought the Continental Extreme Contact Sport was a better overall tire. The price on the Continentals has gone up.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wet or cold the pirellis on my 2016 GT ( not lowly btw) were like ice skates. Dangerous.
I'll take it as a warning - or continue to drive the FiST on those days. Thanks.

Sorry, but after 3.5 years and over 30K in a GT350 I'm still suffering a little with the relatively underpowered GT. I feel like I'm in the Miata of Mustangs. At least it has the crazier early gearing. That makes it fairly fun under 50 mph due to torque multiplication. And since I replaced the suspension the handling is absolutely fine. No problems there. Just needs more power.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Costco is showing the Cup 2's in stock at $900 for two. Five to ten day delivery.
Sponsored