Sponsored

Did you buy a Shelby and now wish you bought a Prius ?

CaliforniaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Factory Five Cobra
I have a Prius so I can efficiently get to work AND afford A GT.
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the mid 2000's on a different Mustang forum a bunch of Prius owners were in a thread saying how their Prius could beat the Mustang GT from 0 to 10 mph.... we were like alrighty, you're of course kidding right? They were dead serious. :crackup:

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
productimage-picture-gas-savings-decal-548_jpg_400x400_q85.jpg

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
If I had a traffic-ridden commute, I wouldn't be averse a Prius at all.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
All Prius owners should be banned. Unless they have, or about to, swap in a proper V8.

Sponsored

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
upload_2019-4-2_20-48-45.jpeg

The Prius is the cat’s arse!

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
You have GOT to be kidding me...

Btw, I was headed to get my emissions done today and I had a Prius do a ricer flyby on me. I'm thinking...why? I'm going EXACTLY the speed limit; everyone would expect me to be the douche on the road. Aren't Priuses supposed to be consumption conscious? Seriously, I've never seen such a focused group of overly aggressive drivers.
I got a slightly modded GT and think I am a very conscious driver (after my first speeding ticket ever that is), but since day 1 I had noticed that cars around me want to zip by or change lanes, pass me over (left or right doesn’t matter) and get in front of me way way more than when I would use some normal rental car.
During medium traffic it does make me feel a bit self conscious, it’s maybe that having such car in sight bothers them, or makes them feel race-y by seeing a striped growling lowered sports car or maybe even my driving habits (I tend to use cruise control on highways though, so I don’t know).
But yeah, the joke is on priuses today but I think it’s pretty much any mass adopted car.

Because for most Prius owners it's about "virtue signalling" and not actually conserving the environment. Just my .02...
Oh, fair point! Somehow I had missed on that... pretty much like some of the hipster or holier-than-thou crowd insisting on riding a bike in the middle of a snowstorm with a “tsk tsk tsk” face towards car drivers (which I always found weird, motorbikes of all sizes are prohibited on winter for a reason... riders safety).
I kid you not, once in a house party a couple basically paused it to full silence to make an announcement, that “both of them were becoming vegan”... just go vegan and shut up. But no, very well said, it is about virtue signaling at it’s max.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
not gonna lie. i did look at the 19 corolla hatchback manual today at work. 37mpg for 20k and a useable hatchback, not bad.

i cant stand the interior designs of the fiesta or focus.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry....couldn't resist. :devil::crazy::cwl::cwl:
Look Ma, I gained 1/10 after modding my car with an electrolytic capacitor!
It's all fun and games folks until the coil windings smoke.

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I do sometimes wish I could be happy with a "normal" car. But I can't, so i drive the Shelby. Girlfriend thinks that I got rid of my pickup and bought the GT350 for a "bachelor car" but that's not it at all. Matter of fact, I feel most younger women are disappointed when they see that it's an "old" guy driving that hot car. And truth be told, I'd rather crawl naked through broken glass than be seen in either a Prius or a Smartcar. And while I'm airing it all out; I can't remember the last time I passed a Prius or a Smartcar and didn't rev the engine a bit just to see if the rumble would knock them off course a bit...

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
And while I'm airing it all out; I can't remember the last time I passed a Prius or a Smartcar and didn't rev the engine a bit just to see if the rumble would knock them off course a bit...
So you do that too?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I had a woman in a Prius start a conversation with me by asking how I felt about ruining the environment with my gas guzzler.
I asked her how she liked her Coal-Powered Car?
She said it was NOT "Coal-Powered" it was gas and electric.
So I asked her how she liked her Gas & Coal-Powered car?
She angrily shot back, It's not Coal-Powered, it's electric!
I inquired if she knew how electricity is produced?
She brazenly replied "You must listen to Fox News!

Overt Environmentalist can sure be hateful people.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I had a woman in a Prius start a conversation with me by asking how I felt about ruining the environment with my gas guzzler.

My Acura is a Sport Hybrid. It handles quite admirably for a heavy AWD Luxo-barge. It is my left brain ride and the Shelby is my right brain ride. But it is a hybrid and gets 30+mpg. In my client's parking garage they have parking spaces for FEVs for which I have a parking sticker. A woman in a Prius started shouting at me 'THESE SPACES are for PRIUS!!!". I corrected her that it was Flexible Energy Vehicles and pointed to my parking sticker. She shouted again 'IT HAS to be a HYBRID'!!!! I pointed to the Hybrid badge on the side fender of the Acura. She was befuddled and I was biting my tongue as it was my client's office. But it just amazes how much virtue signalling these people can be in their attempt to create a utopia where they are the elite. I prefer a simpler view of the world and quote the humble Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as Stupid does".

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Your response was a lot nicer than mine would have been. I mean she started the conversation right....
Sponsored