Sponsored

Have you bought Tires lately?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I have Ventus Evo 12 on the car I just bought. The car I did a 500 mile test drive in was on cup 2s.

I think I like the Ventus more on the street. Plenty of grip to be confident, but the car is more lively at 8/10ths since its not as sticky a tire. I personally enjoy that more since I'm not racing anyone.

Or maybe I just tell myself that because they have a lot of tread left. :giggle:
Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I got four 315/30 Cup2's in April no problem, but that was awhile ago. The Supercar 3R is sounding like a better choice anyway.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Really? From where? The usaa discount?
You can buy them at your local tire shop. Just go on the USAA web site for the info.

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
How many miles did you get out of the Cup2’s?
What kind of driving have you been doing?
I have 6.6k miles on them. Pretty spirited street driving, and one track attack (didn't drive super fast).

Sponsored

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You can also search for discount tire and buy whatever tire you like. I saved almost $300 on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 for the Subaru this week.

Lotek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
update on how many sessions/days/laptimes you get compared to the cup2 please!

Reporting back on the performance of the RT660s.

I just finished a 3 day DE at Club Motorsports in Tamworth, NH with them. Long story short, I'm not very happy with their performance. The grip level was not there compared to the cup2's at all. The (probably obvious) flip side is that they seemed to put up with the abuse I gave them well without much wear even on the outer edge (no track alignment).

I found myself overdriving the tires a lot, and the grip fell off even worse. I really felt that the out lap was the best, and towards the end of the 20 minute session I felt like I was on all seasons.

Going forward, I think I'll use these as street tires on a different set of rims, and keep using cup2's on the carbon wheels for track use only.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sponsored