Sponsored

Is it me? Have used GT350 price jumped up lately?

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
Same color/stripe combo, but could be different car. Like is said, it was at Carmax in Sac and then all of a sudden it wasn't. It's possible that someone had it shipped to the other location, but it's now 2400 miles away from here. This was right when COVID started. The car wasn't clean, but that was the same with every car. As far as it's condition, the things i remember that stuck out to me was the front splitter and the sagging rear bumper. It was the first and only car i drove prior to buying my Grabber Blue. I never went back to look at the car more closely as i had crossed 16's off my list.

Actually, looking through the pics again on Carmax, is that rear bumper a different color? I'm a little color blind but it looks like maybe it's been replaced?
Color on the bumper looks the same, but I've scratched this one off my list (possibly 2016's all together as well unless its a deal with an extended warranty). I'll try to be patient and keep my eyes open!
Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Used vehicle prices are up at greater percentages all over country. Cars like these didn't see the same average increase as more common vehicles.. but as you can see they still improved. For now.

As new vehicles stopped being manufactured due to covid19, trades dried up. Dealers had to turn somewhere to get used inventory.. Heck to get anything to sell.. The trouble with the auctions are that Carvanna and Carmax overpay for everything. So now everyone in the lane is invested in mutual destruction :D The NADA started printing weekly updates to keep up with the swings. Dealers are putting money into vehicles they would have never resold before. Vehicles previously sitting over 60-90 days, now is their time to shine.

IMO, definetly not a time to buy a daily driver or commuter unless you plan on driving the wheels off.

upload_2020-8-17_17-20-32.png

Not a fan of MMR but this will put the swings in perspective. Uncommon vehicles drag us to center, but bread and butter sedans are going for insane money right now.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
upload_2020-8-17_23-6-10.png

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not buying a 350 back when COVID was in full swing.

But I couldn't wait any longer. I found a somewhat decent deal on a 17' 350 that I might pull the trigger on. The good thing is financing on my end is rock solid. The bad is that my waiting for the perfect 350 ultimately made me miss the boat on rock bottom pricing.

Sponsored

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
what did you pay? how many miles?
It was listed for 52k with 7200mi on it. But I haven't passed papers yet.

I went the Carmax route because I can't find anything locally. So right now it's as good as mine as I'm awaiting transfer.

Ron Swanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW & Lexus
Used vehicle prices are up at greater percentages all over country. Cars like these didn't see the same average increase as more common vehicles.. but as you can see they still improved. For now.

As new vehicles stopped being manufactured due to covid19, trades dried up. Dealers had to turn somewhere to get used inventory.. Heck to get anything to sell.. The trouble with the auctions are that Carvanna and Carmax overpay for everything. So now everyone in the lane is invested in mutual destruction :D The NADA started printing weekly updates to keep up with the swings. Dealers are putting money into vehicles they would have never resold before. Vehicles previously sitting over 60-90 days, now is their time to shine.

IMO, definetly not a time to buy a daily driver or commuter unless you plan on driving the wheels off.

upload_2020-8-17_17-20-32.png

Not a fan of MMR but this will put the swings in perspective. Uncommon vehicles drag us to center, but bread and butter sedans are going for insane money right now.
I was about to post this info and this graph lol.

It aint here to stay, IMPO. But I dont have a crystal ball, so anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I started looking at GT350's this week. Admittedly I look at them every 6 months or so and havent pulled the trigger yet, but one day I will... regardless... I was wondering if the covid bump had affected these cars, and it seems to me like it has.

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
I guess that’s why I’m seeing allot of people selling their cars. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored