Sponsored

Is it me? Have used GT350 price jumped up lately?

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I was browsing the usual sites just out of curiosity - cargurus, autotrader, etc. It seemed like prices have jumped about $5000+ from about year ago.

Have you noticed any increase? Am I imagining this?
Sponsored

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was browsing the usual sites just out of curiosity - cargurus, autotrader, etc. It seemed like prices have jumped about $5000+ from about year ago.

Have you noticed any increase? Am I imagining this?
I am shopping for one right now, so I am looking at them every day. The prices are all jacked up right now. Basically a used low mileage 2017 is around $52,000 a used 2018 is in the mid fifties, a used 2019 is high fifties, a new 2019 is low sixties, and new 2020 is mid sixties. There is only a few thousand dollars difference between each tier. I really want a 2017 grabber blue with heated and cooled seats, but am having trouble finding one that hasnā€™t been heavily modified. So itā€™s like, so I spend $52-53 on a 2017, or spend ten grand more to get a new one under full warranty. I think I am going to hold for the grabber blue, but the pricing is crazy.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I am shopping for one right now, so I am looking at them every day. The prices are all jacked up right now. Basically a used low mileage 2017 is around $52,000 a used 2018 is in the mid fifties, a used 2019 is high fifties, a new 2019 is low sixties, and new 2020 is mid sixties. There is only a few thousand dollars difference between each tier. I really want a 2017 grabber blue with heated and cooled seats, but am having trouble finding one that hasnā€™t been heavily modified. So itā€™s like, so I spend $52-53 on a 2017, or spend ten grand more to get a new one under full warranty. I think I am going to hold for the grabber blue, but the pricing is crazy.
I bought about a year ago and ***seems*** that I need about $5K more to start negotiating for same mileage / options / clean history, etc. Grabber Blue - great color! Good luck!

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought about a year ago and ***seems*** that I need about $5K more to start negotiating for same mileage / options / clean history, etc. Grabber Blue - great color! Good luck!
Thanks! I am going to need it! I canā€™t find one anywhere with heated and cooled seats. Need some discipline to stay the course and not bail for a different year blue with white stripes. The thing about it is, they all look fantastic!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
There a few of us who bought new holdover ā€˜19ā€™s recently at a very good price. There are still plenty out there and if youā€™re willing to make some sacrifices on options, you canā€™t go wrong.
Sometimes waiting for the perfect car to come up can result in no car. Get ā€˜em while their hot!

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
The thing about it is, they all look fantastic!
Exactly! There was only a couple colors that were an absolute no for me.
Seats, ā€˜19+model year were more important to me than color. Iā€™ll guarantee if you get another color thatā€™s not your first choice, itā€™ll grow on you before the paperwork is dry.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes waiting for the perfect car to come up can result in no car. Get ā€˜em while their hot!
So true. But, with me, after I ā€œcompromiseā€ it seems like plenty suddenly become available!

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my car a couple months ago. At the time i felt that maybe i rushed it, thinking that the lagging economy would bring the prices down. Hasn't happened though, like you said, prices have went up since then.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So true. But, with me, after I ā€œcompromiseā€ it seems like plenty suddenly become available!
Oh please tell me you aren't getting rid of good 'ol G0628.....

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Covid has everything messed up, the big 3 stopped production for awhile...all the used markets are on fire. Trackhawks and ZL1s have done the same...literally went up in just the last few months.

Edit: i traded my 17 with 12k miles for 48k on the ZLE I currently have...like a year and a half ago ...and that was an ok deal with motor replacement(shouldā€™ve gone for 51-52k at the time)

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Don't compromise. Look for your color. Search nationwide. Delivery across the country isn't horrible. As i said before, i felt like i almost rushed my choice because once i seen this color pop up, there wasn't another one for sale that i could find, nationwide. I think the second color to grow on me is Twister Orange but the only one i found locally was a 16. All color combos look good but get what you want.

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don't compromise. Look for your color. Search nationwide. Delivery across the country isn't horrible. As i said before, i felt like i almost rushed my choice because once i seen this color pop up, there wasn't another one for sale that i could find, nationwide. I think the second color to grow on me is Twister Orange but the only one i found locally was a 16. All color combos look good but get what you want.
Iā€™m with you...Iā€™m going to try to hold out for what I really want. This car payment will be a big one, and with a teenager going to college soon, a wife and I that would like to retire etc, if I am going to shell out what is a lot of money for me, it needs to be perfect. Thanks for the encouragement.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Oh please tell me you aren't getting rid of good 'ol G0628.....
No! I was just speaking generically. I have exactly what I want in my car.

I was just building on with 460 said, about the balance between compromising, not compromising, and then after moving on seeing plenty of out there that werenā€™t available when you were looking. For any purchase, not just GT 350s

G0628 Isnā€™t going anywhere.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
There was a 2 week window earlier in the covid when prices bottomed because the fear and uncertainty at the dealer level was so great. Prices then started to bounce up pretty quickly when dealers realized they were screwed from an inventory point of view.
Sponsored