Sponsored

Is it me? Have used GT350 price jumped up lately?

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
New here! I am in the market for a GT350 and have noticed this trend as I look at 2017-2018 models. The 2016 ones are the only ones that appear to be dropping in price, I suppose for obvious reasons. I am almost considering jumping into one with an extended warranty but am weary.
Well, I have a 16, so Iā€™m a little bit biased!

But if you look at a 16: First, make sure you get a track package, which became standard On 17+. Second, make sure you consider getting a Ford ESP no matter what year you buy. This will alleviate many concerns in the long run.

As far as prices, the 16s are holding their own in terms of recent increases:
C24C33FB-711C-46FC-866E-40F355ED3BED.png
Sponsored

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
Well, I have a 16, so Iā€™m a little bit biased!

But if you look at a 16: First, make sure you get a track package, which became standard On 17+. Second, make sure you consider getting a Ford ESP no matter what year you buy. This will alleviate many concerns in the long run.

As far as prices, the 16s are holding their own in terms of recent increases:
C24C33FB-711C-46FC-866E-40F355ED3BED.png
I was up in the air about the track package. I definitely do not plan to track the car, just spirited driving hear and there. Although it would be nice peace of mind knowing there is additional cooling. It'll mostly be a garage queen like my M3 (about 2-3k miles a year). I found one posted today at carmax for $42k tech package with 29k miles, but it worries me not knowing how it was driven. Might be a good deal with the carmax extended warranty. But since it made it to 29k miles with a clean looking service history, it could be solid? lol.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I was up in the air about the track package. I definitely do not plan to track the car, just spirited driving hear and there. Although it would be nice peace of mind knowing there is additional cooling. It'll mostly be a garage queen like my M3 (about 2-3k miles a year). I found one posted today at carmax for $42k tech package with 29k miles, but it worries me not knowing how it was driven. Might be a good deal with the carmax extended warranty. But since it made it to 29k miles with a clean looking service history, it could be solid? lol.
I know we are all guessing here, but even just a few months ago that same car would be much less due to mileage and your $42K budget would have afforded a 2017 or very low mileage 2016.

I can't predict the future but I think if you can wait a few months and into winter you will see prices drop. So it just depends on your urgency.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
That grey one at Carmax looks like the same one that used to be sitting at the Carmax lot in Sacramento a few months ago. If so, it's the first one i ever test drove. The price is roughly the same as it was back then. The car is a little rough. (If that's it)

It always makes me scratch my head on what kind of person trades in a gt350 to a used car lot to buy another used car. Carmax gets some decent cars, but i never understood it.

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
I know we are all guessing here, but even just a few months ago that same car would be much less due to mileage and your $42K budget would have afforded a 2017 or very low mileage 2016.

I can't predict the future but I think if you can wait a few months and into winter you will see prices drop. So it just depends on your urgency.
That's good advice, i'm in no hurry. I'll hunt for a 2017-2018.

That grey one at Carmax looks like the same one that used to be sitting at the Carmax lot in Sacramento a few months ago. If so, it's the first one i ever test drove. The price is roughly the same as it was back then. The car is a little rough. (If that's it)

It always makes me scratch my head on what kind of person trades in a gt350 to a used car lot to buy another used car. Carmax gets some decent cars, but i never understood it.
This one: https://www.carmax.com/car/1698298. I haven't looked at in person as it's not at my local carmax (would be $249 to ship). Was hard to tell its condition in the photos, I can only tell there was some minor damage to the front splitter. Makes sense for it to be rough as it had 3 owners. I'm always suspicious of higher end cars ending up at carmax. It could be the person didn't want to deal with dealers or private sales and just wanted quick cash in pocket. Or it has some serious hidden issues and they want to get rid of it ASAP. Probably a good pass.

Sponsored

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
Exactly one month ago I bought my 2018 (oxford white, blue stripes, convenience package) with 6000 miles for $50,500 USD (67k CAD). This was negotiated down from the $53,000 price on the window. It needed new rear tires however, but I purchased 4 new ones (Pilot SS) for 1500 USD. After those tires, dealer fees, taxes, etc.. My total out of pocket was around $58,000 USD to get the car.

Located in Toronto, ON Canada

Baxter3221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R, '16 X5M
As someone who's been shopping for ~2 months, prices are definitely rising and it's to the point now where there isn't much of a gap between years. At NY area dealers, '16's are in the 48-50K range while '18s are in the $53-55K range. For such a small spread, i opted to go with a newer car, and as someone mentioned above, I held out for exactly what i want even though it means having the car shipped from TX to NY. I suspect i'm buying at the high point, but it is what it is. I will be interested to see what prices do over the next year, but Iā€™m mostly just excited to start driving!

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Plugged my 19 gt350 into carvana that i got last month for shits and giggles.. would give me mid 50's (not including the tax savings) Im in the NY area

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
That's good advice, i'm in no hurry. I'll hunt for a 2017-2018.

This one: https://www.carmax.com/car/1698298. I haven't looked at in person as it's not at my local carmax (would be $249 to ship). Was hard to tell its condition in the photos, I can only tell there was some minor damage to the front splitter. Makes sense for it to be rough as it had 3 owners. I'm always suspicious of higher end cars ending up at carmax. It could be the person didn't want to deal with dealers or private sales and just wanted quick cash in pocket. Or it has some serious hidden issues and they want to get rid of it ASAP. Probably a good pass.
Same color/stripe combo, but could be different car. Like is said, it was at Carmax in Sac and then all of a sudden it wasn't. It's possible that someone had it shipped to the other location, but it's now 2400 miles away from here. This was right when COVID started. The car wasn't clean, but that was the same with every car. As far as it's condition, the things i remember that stuck out to me was the front splitter and the sagging rear bumper. It was the first and only car i drove prior to buying my Grabber Blue. I never went back to look at the car more closely as i had crossed 16's off my list.

Actually, looking through the pics again on Carmax, is that rear bumper a different color? I'm a little color blind but it looks like maybe it's been replaced?

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I guess I got lucky finding the car I had been searching for in early June. '18 with 6K miles for $48K.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I was browsing the usual sites just out of curiosity - cargurus, autotrader, etc. It seemed like prices have jumped about $5000+ from about year ago.

Have you noticed any increase? Am I imagining this?
Not sure, but the value of my home has gone up about $70k since I bought it in 2017. That and the stock market are really all I watch.

Stunt1o1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Altima - daily
I was browsing through car gurus and I noticed the prices has gone up

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Not sure, but the value of my home has gone up about $70k since I bought it in 2017. That and the stock market are really all I watch.
Not where I live (CT) our housing values keep dropping. I blame taxes and people leaving the state.

But my bro-in-law paid high $500's for a house 4 years ago in Utah and there was a bidding war and he sold it for over $700K. $200K increase in less than 4 years. Crazy.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not where I live (CT) our housing values keep dropping. I blame taxes and people leaving the state.

But my bro-in-law paid high $500's for a house 4 years ago in Utah and there was a bidding war and he sold it for over $700K. $200K increase in less than 4 years. Crazy.
We've picked up $200K+ in 5 years in Chicago. It's all hyper-local.
The resilience of the used/ performance vehicle market has been surprising to me, but I'm not sad about it. My wife and I are trying to work our way down from 7 to 4 cars - just trying to simplify life a bit and we only have 4 indoor parking spaces available, and with a kid on the way I am trying to spend a little less time managing and maintaining a "fleet." We sold her car for just a couple $K less than we paid for it back in 2013. I expect to get what I paid, or close to it, 4-5 years ago for the other 2 that are on the block.

As for what to watch, though, I think focusing on the housing market and the stock market in isolation is dangerous. When there are big disconnects between market moves and underlying economic fundamentals (employment, earning, savings rates, capital investment, consumer demand) at a population level, things will eventually correct. The stock market today is propped up by the hundreds of billions of dollars being pumped into the economy artificially. There are only two possible outcomes: that money stream will dry up, or the debt load will become unsustainable. In either scenario, forward valuations will collapse. Will be interesting to watch what happens in the next few years, but I think a strong cash position is not a bad idea right now.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
We've picked up $200K+ in 5 years in Chicago. It's all hyper-local.
The resilience of the used/ performance vehicle market has been surprising to me, but I'm not sad about it. My wife and I are trying to work our way down from 7 to 4 cars - just trying to simplify life a bit and we only have 4 indoor parking spaces available, and with a kid on the way I am trying to spend a little less time managing and maintaining a "fleet." We sold her car for just a couple $K less than we paid for it back in 2013. I expect to get what I paid, or close to it, 4-5 years ago for the other 2 that are on the block.

As for what to watch, though, I think focusing on the housing market and the stock market in isolation is dangerous. When there are big disconnects between market moves and underlying economic fundamentals (employment, earning, savings rates, capital investment, consumer demand) at a population level, things will eventually correct. The stock market today is propped up by the hundreds of billions of dollars being pumped into the economy artificially. There are only two possible outcomes: that money stream will dry up, or the debt load will become unsustainable. In either scenario, forward valuations will collapse. Will be interesting to watch what happens in the next few years, but I think a strong cash position is not a bad idea right now.
100% agree. Not to mention trade wars with China. Price of goods will continue to go up along with everything else. We have been riding a wave of cheap oil prices too but that wont last forever. It's an election year with a lot going on, but I have been trying to pay off debt as fast as I can right now to free up my cash flow.
Sponsored