Sponsored

Is it me? Have used GT350 price jumped up lately?

Tom14ct14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
This just makes me think I am under selling my car by a ton at 49,990. Had interest but no offers when it was higher. Mine is 2018. Still wondering if I should really go through with the sale, (other party still getting finances in order)
Sponsored

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
This just makes me think I am under selling my car by a ton at 49,990. Had interest but no offers when it was higher. Mine is 2018. Still wondering if I should really go through with the sale, (other party still getting finances in order)

I don't think its too far off. There's a blue 18 kinda by me from a dealership going for like 51k with like 11 or 12k miles on it and thats a dealership. For private party and the hassle and lack of security that goes along with that process, I don't see 50k as under priced. Especially since whoever buys can't negotiate their trade with you like they can a dealership. If you tried to trade your gt350 they would probably offer you 41-44k or something.

Tom14ct14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I don't think its too far off. There's a blue 18 kinda by me from a dealership going for like 51k with like 11 or 12k miles on it and thats a dealership. For private party and the hassle and lack of security that goes along with that process, I don't see 50k as under priced. Especially since whoever buys can't negotiate their trade with you like they can a dealership. If you tried to trade your gt350 they would probably offer you 41-44k or something.
Very true. Deal fell through today do to his finances. I am strongly debating if I will keep it listed.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Very true. Deal fell through today do to his finances. I am strongly debating if I will keep it listed.
Sorry to hear that man! It looks Iike a good car and I'm actually looking like 10 times a day for something to pop up near me lol. But I also have a trade so it makes things complicated. Your price is exactly what I'd be looking for though if I were nearby.

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I think prices will stabilize and perhaps increase slightly. What hurts resale on some of the low mileage used cars is that there are still new '19's and '20's on the lots. Cargurus lists only about 30 2020's nationwide and a few hundred total new ones. Even assuming it's not completely accurate, I would assume it's consistent in how it counts.. There were almost 2-3x that number just a few months ago and many of the remaining '20's are listed with modest mark-ups. Once the supply is run through I think prices will be pretty favorable as long as you have reasonable expectations.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I think prices will stabilize and perhaps increase slightly. What hurts resale on some of the low mileage used cars is that there are still new '19's and '20's on the lots. Cargurus lists only about 30 2020's nationwide and a few hundred total new ones. Even assuming it's not completely accurate, I would assume it's consistent in how it counts.. There were almost 2-3x that number just a few months ago and many of the remaining '20's are listed with modest mark-ups. Once the supply is run through I think prices will be pretty favorable as long as you have reasonable expectations.
Hopefully you're right! Been looking for an 18 that fits my parameters. Sucks because I had one and decided to trade into an '18 Quadrifoglio to try a little Italian fire, and although its a quicker, faster, and precise little car, I just miss the American muscle and the purr of that voodoo (and the manual.)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hopefully you're right! Been looking for an 18 that fits my parameters. Sucks because I had one and decided to trade into an '18 Quadrifoglio to try a little Italian fire, and although its a quicker, faster, and precise little car, I just miss the American muscle and the purr of that voodoo (and the manual.)
That’s what she said.

Battlerob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It was listed for 52k with 7200mi on it. But I haven't passed papers yet.

I went the Carmax route because I can't find anything locally. So right now it's as good as mine as I'm awaiting transfer.
I went the carmax route too. I paid almost 49k for a 2016 with the tech option. It had just over 4k miles, so at least thats good. I dont know, maybe i overpaid. I just couldnt wait anymore, due to my finances, the timing was now or wait another few months.

There is no doubt prices have gone up. I was looking for one since feb of this year. Back then they were cheaper and there was more options. I checked every site, was searching basically everyday in feb and march. Then the covid thing hit and i stopped. I started searching again, every site, everyday starting last month until i found one i liked and could actually see, within driving distance. It was pretty difficult to find one within my budget due to the low supply, with most gt350’s not even within driving distance for me to check. I should have pulled the trigger back in feb, but I was waiting on some finances on my end. I have one now though and love it. I dont regret getting one but i could have done better if i got it in feb.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I was browsing the usual sites just out of curiosity - cargurus, autotrader, etc. It seemed like prices have jumped about $5000+ from about year ago.

Have you noticed any increase? Am I imagining this?
It's like this with a bunch of "specialty" cars. Especially the Ford Performance line. Due to Covid manufactures have been shut down for months. This put a big halter on availability on vehicles. Carvana has been trying to corner the market paying over KBB on performance vehicles and reselling at a premium because dealers cannot get their hands on them. It's all supply and demand. I recently was shopping for a Fiesta/Focus ST and I noticed the prices skyrocketed on them. Carvana and Dealers were asking $25k plus tax on used ones when they sold for that new. I found one private sale for $20k. But yeah the car market especially with high demand performance cars is at an all time high right now.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Limited edition cars usually start out with ADM, then the people who really want one pay it.....then ADM is gone and regular buyers come in....then most people that wanted one, have one. Next up is over supply of them and they languish on the lots with rusty brake discs....prices go below MSRP.....and most get sold. Then after no more new ones are made, more people want them and used prices go up. Saw this with the Integra Type R, the original R32 and similar cars. So it’s not unexpected in a few years used prices for the 350 go up, for well maintained cars.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Limited edition cars usually start out with ADM, then the people who really want one pay it.....then ADM is gone and regular buyers come in....then most people that wanted one, have one. Next up is over supply of them and they languish on the lots with rusty brake discs....prices go below MSRP.....and most get sold.
This is exactly when I struck a deal.
Sponsored