brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini Cooper JCW, 2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Hello all,

So the time has come and I must replace my cup2s.

This morning, I placed an order for Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The order went thru and in about 15 minutes... I got a phone call from TireRack.

Apparently, they don't have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or the Cup2s. Michelin has not been in production for those for months. Does anybody know more on this? I'm assuming COVID reasons but... not sure.

I am at 6,000 miles with my Cup2s, I have not tracked them but it is time...
But if I can't find any replacements... It would be ridiculous to rent a car just because I can't find a set of tires.

Have you guys had any issues getting tires recently?

PS i'm in Monterey California if anyone knows a place California that has those tires in stock.

TIA!
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I had to get a new Cup 2 in December and had no problem ordering it from Tire Rack. Did they say when they'll have more in?

OP
OP

brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
I had to get a new Cup 2 in December and had no problem ordering it from Tire Rack. Did they say when they'll have more in?
The representative told me that they are checking with Michelin every month to see how many they'll be getting in. And for the past three months, Michelin has not sent them anything. He also told me it would be at least three months from now if I do get one.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Hello all,

So the time has come and I must replace my cup2s.

This morning, I placed an order for Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The order went thru and in about 15 minutes... I got a phone call from TireRack.

Apparently, they don't have the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or the Cup2s. Michelin has not been in production for those for months. Does anybody know more on this? I'm assuming COVID reasons but... not sure.

I am at 6,000 miles with my Cup2s, I have not tracked them but it is time...
But if I can't find any replacements... It would be ridiculous to rent a car just because I can't find a set of tires.

Have you guys had any issues getting tires recently?

PS i'm in Monterey California if anyone knows a place California that has those tires in stock.

TIA!
What about the Pilot Sport 4S? I have about 3000 miles on my cup2s and was thinking about getting a set of 4s's as I don't want to take the cup2s through another winter.

OP
OP

brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
What about the Pilot Sport 4S? I have about 3000 miles on my cup2s and was thinking about getting a set of 4s's as I don't want to take the cup2s through another winter.
I didn't specifically ask about the 4S so i'm not sure. But it was a Michelin thing so I would assume its in the same boat.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea why everybody loves Michelin.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Pulled my crappy PS4S on stock wheels and ordered GoodYear Eagle F1 SuperCar 3’s from TireRack last week (285/35/19 squared on Apex SM10’s). Couldn’t believe they arrived the next day! Serious, next day!
Never used TireRack before, but will again.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought two rear 315”’s for my rear on my R from discount tire here in Hayden Idaho . one of our members in Florida had some almost new take of cup 2”s in 305

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
I have no idea why everybody loves Michelin.
Because almost every time I venture away from them I’m severely disappointed. Work van, motorcycles, wife’s car…. All Michelin. I put some moderately priced all season Japanese tires on the mustang for the colder seasons and they have actually pleasantly surprised me..

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
When I ordered MPSS front tires it took a couple of months to get them. So I ordered rear tires and I’ve been sitting on them for eight months knowing that supply would be an issue. They took three months to arrive. This was last fall.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cup2's tire shortages.......... wtf next. Guessing I'll be pussy footing the car a little more often.

Anyone check a dealer just for grins ? Could there be some inside baseball being played with tires?

I hate to be a cynic but I'm starting to trust less & less these days.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
A couple of months ago, they had the super sports in stock for a day. I was lucky enough to get a set. Looks like tire rack is showing front cup2's in stock, and rears available mid September for the 295/35/19, 305/35/19 setup.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2020&autoModel=Shelby+GT350+Mustang&autoModClar=&frontWidth=295/&frontRatio=35&frontDiameter=19&frontSortCode=58100&rearWidth=305/&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&rearSortCode=58155
I'm so confused, doesn't this contradict what OP is saying? I am at 5k miles and will tires soon, not sure if I should wait till I hit 10k or grab them now. People are making it seem like these tires will be gone. I am a noob when it comes to tires. I'd rather have the 4S instead of the Cup 2s just for the sake of longevity. Its not like I am going to be setting any lap records with the Cup 2s lol.
Sponsored