Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Early on monitoring and logging with the procal was pretty bad.
I think the updates were to fix that.

Wouldn't a tune revision need to be carb certified again?
Is there a change log published?
I don't use the logging function and my car runs really great, so unless this supposed new tune unlocks further performance or reliability, I will stick with the tune already installed.
Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone know if there has been any tune updates since the calibration came out? FP says they don't usually update unless theres issues. I plugged my procal 4 into my pc for the heck of it. It said looking for tunes then sending files then writing to disk. My tune shows as kr3a-fpmga3-bgf.bin

I don't think anything changed because that's all it did.
I can check to see what file mine has downloaded. I'd assume the file type would be the same. Emphasizing the assume part.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Quick question, what pc or laptop platforms are compatible with the pro cal download.
Mac and PC ???
This is stated on the Ford Performance website:

ProCal 4 software only available for Windows 7 or greater. Will NOT work with Windows 10 in "S Mode.

Shortly after the kit came out, I contacted them and asked if they planned on making it compatible with a Mac and they said no. I only have Apple products, so I will need to borrow a lap top from my parents when I eventually buy this kit.

Doug

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I can check to see what file mine has downloaded. I'd assume the file type would be the same. Emphasizing the assume part.
I did same to my procal, prompted update for the PC software and also the device since I first installed and hooked it up in March. And yes I connected back to FP afterwards and it did start downloading and writing for a short time. the tune has same lettering, so no way to tell if it is different than from March. no way to see a rev or version of the tune, other than the procal software and the procal device firmware numbers.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I contacted Ford Performance and they said there hasn't been any updates since the calibration came out and unless they find an odd serious issue there will never be one. I never got a response as to why the procal says writing to disk after looking for tunes other than it will always do that.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Some feedback on the tune after one week of use.

Torque increase is very noticeable at low rpm. My car has 3.15 and now feels similar to my friend's car with 3.55.
Normal mode is now an appreciable mode when cruising and driving around with wife. It doesnt feel anymore like driving a Yaris...honestly I'm enjoying the responsiveness and smothness of normal mode.
Track mode is a beast but I prefer to use shift pads when spirited driving and shifts feel similar to oem tune in that matter maybe just a little firmer.
Drag mode feels stronger especially from a dig. Managed to lower my 0-60 by 0.3. Previous best was 4.6 and second try on FP tune I got 4.3. I believe I can do even better as the street I tried on wasnt the best.
Exhaust sound is a little throatier/deeper, definitely more enjoyable than before with windows down.
Cold starts are less dramatic than stock tune(this is my only "complaint"). Also noticed that car sounds like revving smoother now. Not sure if thats because of the tune or the sound tube delete though.
Overall very happy and satisfied 👍

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Anybody done this on a CPO car to find out how it effects the warranty?

Eg, I have a 2018 that would be past the initial 3/36 but since it's CPO I have a 4/60 extension and a 7/100 on the powertrain. So I'm kinda assuming that the parts in the tune kit won't be covered, *maybe* by the 4/60 at best... but it shouldn't impact the rest of the powertrain warranty (installed by dealer, ASE certified, etc).

I'll ask my dealer next week, but I was wondering what other people had experience with since just to have more data points.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Anybody done this on a CPO car to find out how it effects the warranty?

Eg, I have a 2018 that would be past the initial 3/36 but since it's CPO I have a 4/60 extension and a 7/100 on the powertrain. So I'm kinda assuming that the parts in the tune kit won't be covered, *maybe* by the 4/60 at best... but it shouldn't impact the rest of the powertrain warranty (installed by dealer, ASE certified, etc).

I'll ask my dealer next week, but I was wondering what other people had experience with since just to have more data points.
I would guess to say the FP warranty would be useless since it starts from the car's initial in-service.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Installed mine a month after I bought the car.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Ford Performance and they said there hasn't been any updates since the calibration came out and unless they find an odd serious issue there will never be one. I never got a response as to why the procal says writing to disk after looking for tunes other than it will always do that.
I think originally first time it adds the tune, it took longer, so its doing some quick check this time, I am sure the program is designed to do that in case you delete the tune off the device etc.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
So what did everyone do with their old throttle body and air intake?

Are they worth anything used, or do they go straight to the dumpster?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Save it, you never know.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Save it, you never know.
Good advice.

There may be a reason to go back to stock some day. You will be kicking yourself for not keeping the original intake and valve body. Put them in a box and store them somewhere. What you get in cash would never be worth the trouble of finding and paying for replacements down the line.
Sponsored