Sponsored

Gen 2 Voodoo block for Coyote build

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Having said all that .... i am sure they flow better than non ported GT heads .
How much does you friend want for the new GT 350 heads .... asking for a friend 😎.
one of the pairs I used as a core for GT heads had trashed cam journals so it was only good as a core .
The other pair had good journals but several broken cam caps from when the crank broke on a previous motor that was in my Hellion car .
I debated for a long time sending them to MMR to have billet cams installed . it would have cost me almost $1800 with shipping being about $200 one way . I ultimately decided to just use them as a core for Brand new GT heads ($800) .
There is pair on eBay I was watching that seller says are new but with some “dings “ . They don’t come with springs (which you would want to swap anyway) or valves (I took the ones out of a pair that were good but the ones from tbe motor with a broken crank were all bent )
missing also several plugs but seller will include a pack with them.. I got him down To $1350 ... but he wants me to send a cashiers check (or pay $1650 on eBay ) ...
I think it’s always a risk buying used heads .

I had considered getting another pair to build up one of my SB’s that has a predator crank /voodoo pistons and using predator cams ... kind of higher compression predator motor ...
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
How much does you friend want for the new GT 350 heads .... asking for a friend 😎.
I consider him only semi-serious about selling them at the moment. He's got a GT350R and his intent was to amass parts to build another engine in the event of a catastrophe. However, he just had a new daughter and he's a busy guy between that and his business....

Heads seem to be the bogey, and I'd want new ones. I'm curious about the M-6049/6050-M52A units in the FPP dream book. They just mention that they are an upgrade to the GT350 heads, but don't give much info otherwise. I wonder if they are essentially GT500 heads.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I consider him only semi-serious about selling them at the moment. He's got a GT350R and his intent was to amass parts to build another engine in the event of a catastrophe. However, he just had a new daughter and he's a busy guy between that and his business....

Heads seem to be the bogey, and I'd want new ones. I'm curious about the M-6049/6050-M52A units in the FPP dream book. They just mention that they are an upgrade to the GT350 heads, but don't give much info otherwise. I wonder if they are essentially GT500 heads.
whats the FPP dream book ?
The GT 350 heads were updated and are also used in the GT500.
Different cams of course .

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford Performance Parts = FPP

I'll bet the A suffix heads are the GT500 units, since they mention different cam/valvetrain geometry. Funny they don't mention it though, as they do with the GT350 heads.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Ford Performance Parts = FPP

I'll bet the A suffix heads are the GT500 units, since they mention different cam/valvetrain geometry. Funny they don't mention it though, as they do with the GT350 heads.
I will garaunty that those are not GT500 heads. GT500/350 share the same casting and probably port work but there are some differences. GT500 has different ex. valves and springs.
The GT500 heads are also almost $1000. MSRP ($2700+) each more expensive than the 350 heads.
The "A" suffix just denotes an update from the original Voodoo heads (the new casting) and the terminology you mention has been there since the Voodoo heads first showed up in the catalog.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I will garaunty that those are not GT500 heads. GT500/350 share the same casting and probably port work but there are some differences. GT500 has different ex. valves and springs.
The GT500 heads are also almost $1000. MSRP ($2700+) each more expensive than the 350 heads.
The "A" suffix just denotes an update from the original Voodoo heads (the new casting) and the terminology you mention has been there since the Voodoo heads first showed up in the catalog.
Good to know. I wonder why then the superseded part number. Unless it's just burning up stock of the older GT350 heads along with the new...

What would be your pick as far as heads for a 5.2?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Going to throw my hat in the ring here to get sub'd since the thread is of interest.....

I'm currently pondering buying a different car, but on the other hand I haven't had my hands in an engine build for a while. A stout NA 5.2, with the possibility of FI later. I've got a new GT350 intake on the shelf doing nothing and a friend has a set of new GT350 heads that I can get for a decent price. With those pieces of the puzzle in mind, what would be the ticket for the short block?

Verdict? From what I'm seeing here, Predator for the block itself.....
Depends on how much power you want. A stock gen3 block will hold pretty good numbers. a gen2 with block supports will hold 1100 all day. I wouldn’t sleeve unless I was going over 1200 at least. AED made 1200whp on a stock gen2 shortblock without supports without studs stock gaskets

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What parts are needed to make the block work as a replacement in a 2015 GT with Gen2 heads? Does anyone know if the GT500 crankshaft is better? What about head gaskets? Are there any oiling mods needed similar to using Gen 2 heads on gen 1 block?

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
What parts are needed to make the block work as a replacement in a 2015 GT with Gen2 heads?
Just the correct diameter pistons and gen3 head bolts/studs.
Does anyone know if the GT500 crankshaft is better?
It's not. Only useful if you want a 5.2L displacement.
What about head gaskets? Are there any oiling mods needed similar to using Gen 2 heads on gen 1 block?
Voodoo or Predator head gaskets or any aftermarket that fit the bore. No mods needed to oiling.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Have you guys noticed that all the pistons for the 3.7 bore are 2618 and there do not seem to be any 4032 pistons? I wonder why the difference. Does it have something to do with the spray bore vs sleeved engine? I am also trying to decide if the 12.3:1 pistons are overkill in boosted application

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what the M142P are but it looks like those pistons are a stock replacement (same).
May be they are 4032 ?

windsor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Pics of the 5.2 block I just picked up from Devin Hyde (Go Hyde Racing/Ford) at this thread: Block pics

Curious to wear the oil squirter feeds are? I read they are in the valley vs. the main but I didn't see them.
Sponsored

Last edited: