Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I was lucky and got the 20136 update... it seems that the web site has been having issues, even with the Maps updates..... maybe overwhelmed

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I heard something on an Edge ST forum that they were working on the servers and it would take a few days. I'm guessing they're trying to fix the endless reboots when installing. Mine works but had an issue when using voice command "search artist ***** " in USB. It would say the name then "make a selection from the screen" but nothing was there as it kept the same screen it was on before that. I did a master reset and it worked after that.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Mine works but had an issue when using voice command "search artist ***** " in USB. It would say the name then "make a selection from the screen" but nothing was there as it kept the same screen it was on before that. I did a master reset and it worked after that.
I'd guess it had some background activity going on at the time, possibly indexing. Usually you'd get a browsing unavailable or similar pop-up though. If it had finished indexing, it's possible there was some linkage issue in the database such that it thought there was no media linked to that artist. MR may have cleared the latter up with the forced re-index.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
reflashed the updated map files and Sync 3.4 shows 1.19
By 'reflashed' you meant having to re-install the whole damn thing again from scratch, right?

Yes, when you run an update with v3.4, the version string will update. So, if you want it to display 19, update the map with v3.4. You can re-download the map update via the link in the confirmation e-mail.
Well, that email is long gone. I get tons of emails a day, so I don't keep them unless important. Didn't think that one was. Oh well. Now what? Any suggestions what to do about that? In the mean time, I can install 3.4 when it's available again, and maybe call it a day. I'd like to have the map version corrected, but it's not the end of the world, especially if nav keeps working correctly after the update. Thx.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Well, that email is long gone. I get tons of emails a day, so I don't keep them unless important. Didn't think that one was. Oh well. Now what? Any suggestions what to do about that? In the mean time, I can install 3.4 when it's available again, and maybe call it a day. I'd like to have the map version corrected, but it's not the end of the world, especially if nav keeps working correctly after the update. Thx.
You can e-mail/call ALOM (map distributor) and they should be able to send you the link again. I know of a few others that went that route. You can verify the install via the IVSU Versions diag screen. Then it’s just a matter of how much annoyance the string being incorrect is as functionally it’ll be fine.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I could do that, but where do I get the ALOM contact info? And if it turns out to be a big risk, or a PITA, would just leave the damn thing alone man. At least it works fine. I'd try to get another free map download, so it corrects next time without having to redo this crap again. Thank you.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I could do that, but where do I get the ALOM contact info? And if it turns out to be a big risk, or a PITA, would just leave the damn thing alone man. At least it works fine. I'd try to get another free map download, so it corrects next time without having to redo this crap again. Thank you.
You can get the contact at info on the syncnavigation.com site. Personally I’d just leave it be. It’s a long process to go through again just for the sake of the version text. It’ll correct the next time anyway as is if you have updated to 3.4.

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Successful install of the official map files from Ford:

336uxEw.jpg

I'm officially on the latest 3.4 SYNC and latest 19 maps from Ford. Hallelujah. Thank God for Cyanlabs for a tool that lets your format your device. Without that I would have been stuck on corrupt Sync and Nav files.

Deleted member 35775

By 'reflashed' you meant having to re-install the whole damn thing again from scratch, right?.
after installing Sync 3.4, i performed a master reset and then reflashed the map files. 40 minutes later the reflash was complete (i removed the USB when prompted) and after restarting my car, i verified maps and nav voice was working.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Dang, first the map update problems and now this.
OT, but this reminds me of the old/early days of the PC 'revolution' when you wanted/needed to do a BIOS update. It was a white knuckle experience, because if you hosed your BIOS your PC could be completely bricked. Eventually, the motherboard manufacturers got smart and installed additional non-volatile memory so if your update went TU you could at least go back to where you were. That was, like, 30 years ago; c'mon Ford!

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
OT, but this reminds me of the old/early days of the PC 'revolution' when you wanted/needed to do a BIOS update. It was a white knuckle experience, because if you hosed your BIOS your PC could be completely bricked. Eventually, the motherboard manufacturers got smart and installed additional non-volatile memory so if your update went TU you could at least go back to where you were. That was, like, 30 years ago; c'mon Ford!
Oh, my, I remember getting my first dual-BIOS motherboard from Gigabyte for my Q6600 system. If something went wrong in the boot process due to settings or corruption, it would restart and use the back-up BIOS. Changed the game 15-ish years ago.

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is there any benefit to upgrading to 3.4 besides the look? Because I actually like the look of 3.3 more, and I hate how when you are scrubbing through SiriusXM channels, it takes up the entire screen...