Sponsored

It's the Official - When will Ford release Apple Car Play ? THREAD

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I was told by the Ford Dealer that Apple CarPlay is awesome and I'll love it. Just hook up my phone and I'll be good. I spent several days trying to get it to work and searching Fords website for technical help and I read all kinds of instructions on how it should work flawlessly by connecting my iPhone :headbang:

So eventually I learn from this forum that it's in the 2017 models and it was announced 8 months ago and that it would be in the 2016 soon. :headbonk:

So any of you internet peeps know when this automatic download will happen :shrug:

Somebody knows something so spill the beans :thumbsup:

Discuss
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
You are late to the we're impatient party. No one on this site has any information on when the release of the SW will be. We are relatively sure however that the release will involve the purchase of a new USB (port?) or something. But it's not just a download so it will require visit to your local dealer for installation. That all that I have gathered from the forum. The Android guys guy will get it in the SW download only, lucky them.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
IMO, I have the Carplay in my 17 and it's not really all that impressive.
It's more like an app rather than a complete integration.
Carplay is only to access the phone features which you can already do with Siri anyway.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
IMO, I have the Carplay in my 17 and it's not really all that impressive.
It's more like an app rather than a complete integration.
Carplay is only to access the phone features which you can already do with Siri anyway.
Well, and it displays the apps on the 8 inch screen instead of your phone. Which is nice if you are using apple maps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41251

No one knows when it will be out. Whole bunch of complaining about it in this thread.

Thanks.

Well kinda sorta.

iPhone won't let you text reply or call back when receiving a Text on Sync3 but you can ask Siri to call someone in your contacts.
I'm thinking all that works with Apple Carplay maybe :shrug:

Np worries tho. It's still a awesome car. :thumbsup:

Go to 00:32​
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]cRXhf8PZ4wY[/MEDIA]"]

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I've got one more week before my 2017 is here, but I think I might like the Sync2, MyFordTouch system in my '15 F150 better.

1. Customizable desktops
2. Better (dark) color scheme.
3. Seems like a more simple set up

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
I've got one more week before my 2017 is here, but I think I might like the Sync2, MyFordTouch system in my '15 F150 better.

1. Customizable desktops
2. Better (dark) color scheme.
3. Seems like a more simple set up
Trust me, Sync 3 is far better. It's like all the best of Sync 1 with none of the crap that makes Sync 2 terrible (I hope they fired whoever had the bright idea to remove the map from the homescreen). The color scheme is a little bright, granted, but the rest of it is so much better I don't care about that. Plus you can just run it in night mode.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well, and it displays the apps on the 8 inch screen instead of your phone. Which is nice if you are using apple maps.
I believe that's the big key to most drivers. Getting to use your map apps.

The key for car enthusiasts would be a OBDII app for customizable gauges.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Trust me, Sync 3 is far better. It's like all the best of Sync 1 with none of the crap that makes Sync 2 terrible (I hope they fired whoever had the bright idea to remove the map from the homescreen). The color scheme is a little bright, granted, but the rest of it is so much better I don't care about that. Plus you can just run it in night mode.
While I'm sure sync 3 is better, I would miss my wallpaper dearly.

Another thread? This is comical.
Thanks for the constructive input!

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey Everyone,

I know you all are eagerly waiting for the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay updates, and your patience is much appreciated. The updates are looking like they'll be released towards the end of the year. Check your SYNC accounts periodically for more info and updates: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Cara
Hello Cara,

Thanks for taking care of this commintiy. While we are all very eager for the big update, but we understand that good things do take time to polish. However, we are hoping that you can provide us some remedies regarding to the GPS navigation issues. It is simply unusable, and Google Maps and Apple Maps still seem to be a distant dream at the moment.

Thank you,
Sponsored