Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Re-installing the NAV update will clear this up.
Are you sure? Did you do that already? At any rate, I erased everything about the 1.19 map update after it updated successfully. I'm having second thoughts about doing the 3.4 version now. Even if it updates successfully, can I go back and download the 1.19 map files again? And how? What a PITA this is. Who the hell said it'd show 1.19 with the 3.4 update? Geez. And what Ford has to say? They were the ones suggesting reloading everything again? Thx.

Deleted member 35775

....and, my update says i have 1.17 maps. looks like i have to redo the map update.... i confirmed no nav voice as well.
2019 PP1 After 3.4 upgrade.jpg
reflashed the updated map files and Sync 3.4 shows 1.19 as the map version. voice command is working as well. as a side benefit of driving around during the install, a spoiler screw that i dropped in the trunk lid (4 months ago) dislodged itself, fell into the trunk while i replaced the rear "GT" emblem and eliminated the last rattle i was troubleshooting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Are you sure? Did you do that already? At any rate, I erased everything about the 1.19 map update after it updated successfully. I'm having second thoughts about doing the 3.4 version now. Even if it updates successfully, can I go back and download the 1.19 map files again? And how? What a PITA this is. Who the hell said it'd show 1.19 with the 3.4 update? Geez. And what Ford has to say? They were the ones suggesting reloading everything again? Thx.
Yes, when you run an update with v3.4, the version string will update. So, if you want it to display 19, update the map with v3.4. You can re-download the map update via the link in the confirmation e-mail.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, when you run an update with v3.4, the version string will update. So, if you want it to display 19, update the map with v3.4. You can re-download the map update via the link in the confirmation e-mail.
Exactly. Actually I’m glad my first try at maps failed. This time I installed 3.4 and them maps. All went smoothly and my screen shows. 1.19.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Tried just now and got "Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later." After it confirmed the update was available for my 2020.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I have tried to update through wifi and it always fails. What do I tell Ford?
They know; I got this today (JFC Ford):

*** There is a known issue with the latest SYNC updates. Please do not download updates via Wi-Fi at this time ***

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They know; I got this today (JFC Ford):

*** There is a known issue with the latest SYNC updates. Please do not download updates via Wi-Fi at this time ***
For your own sanity do not use WiFi. It works once in a blue moon and is buggy when it does work. Using the USB is a pain but less risky than WiFi.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Tried just now and got "Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later." After it confirmed the update was available for my 2020.
I found that some MY20 downloads were missing the voice package. I’m hoping this down time is to address that glitch.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
The only thread I saw it reported as "working" was a user saying it works on Ford Fusions. It did not worked for me on build 19274 and it does not work now on build 20136.
I concur. Tried Apple CARPLAy with Waze, Apple Maps, and Google maps.....none of the routes showed in my digital gauge cluster.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Try it out and report back!
Can't. When trying to download the update from Ford's website I get "Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later." :brokenheart:

I concur. Tried Apple CARPLAy with Waze, Apple Maps, and Google maps.....none of the routes showed in my digital gauge cluster.
That's a shame if it's not there. It was literally the only reason I cared about upgrading to 3.4 vs 3.3. Try Waze through Sync3's UI (disable carplay) and see if it works, though.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Can't. When trying to download the update from Ford's website I get "Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later." :brokenheart:

That's a shame if it's not there. It was literally the only reason I cared about upgrading to 3.4 vs 3.3. Try Waze through Sync3's UI (disable carplay) and see if it works, though.
Good thought, I’ll try that!

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Still getting this error.
Screenshot_20200731-202223_Chrome.jpg

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Im not meant to ever update mine i guess. I tried maps several times it failed and then once i got it to finally go on a usb then the car told me its not a supported usb? I followed all the directions and the usb worked fine for music files in the car no idea. I gave up.. now this sync update. says its available for my car but damn it wont let me down load it at all... eh ill just keep using phone i guess.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Im not meant to ever update mine i guess. I tried maps several times it failed and then once i got it to finally go on a usb then the car told me its not a supported usb? I followed all the directions and the usb worked fine for music files in the car no idea. I gave up.. now this sync update. says its available for my car but damn it wont let me down load it at all... eh ill just keep using phone i guess.
Your USB is likely formatted incorrectly. For mp3 files, NTSF is fine, for updates it needs to be FAT32 or exFAT IIRC

Good thought, I’ll try that!
Let us know! :rockon:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Your USB is likely formatted incorrectly. For mp3 files, NTSF is fine, for updates it needs to be FAT32 or exFAT IIRC
Like I said I followed all the instructions and the instructions explicitly say to format in exFAT which I did. I took the files off it and DID NOT reformat it but put some music back on it and it played just fine. but with the map files on it it says cant read usb not supported.