Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Update successful on the way to the office this morning. Took 13 minutes, rebooted, and noticed the change in graphics. I like what I see so far, but didn't get a chance to fiddle around with it yet.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I believe one of the new features is specific to Car Play, and that is, allowing 3rd party nav apps to send their direction info to the dash (assuming this only works for the 12" LCD).
I mentioned this a few pages ago and was told it isn’t true. Unless the capability has been added but it’s not functional yet (ie: the carplay apps need to update?) :brokenheart:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update successful on the way to the office this morning. Took 13 minutes, rebooted, and noticed the change in graphics. I like what I see so far, but didn't get a chance to fiddle around with it yet.
That's good news. Same here, 15 and done. By the way forgot if you had nav. If yes are you going to reload the maps to show 1.19 on your about screen?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I mentioned this a few pages ago and was told it isn’t true. Unless the capability has been added but it’s not functional yet (ie: the carplay apps need to update?) :brokenheart:
Oh yeah, I went back and re-read through the thread just now, saw that discussion, well, that's poop. I'd love to confirm on my own, but of course, I can't D/L the update ... :crazy:

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
That's good news. Same here, 15 and done. By the way forgot if you had nav. If yes are you going to reload the maps to show 1.19 on your about screen?
I don't think I have nav.... sounds dumb but I've always used Waze from day 1. My options were only 301a and A10. Guess I need to look at my window sticker. lol

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I can confirm after a ride this morning. I tried Apple CarPlay with Apple Maps and Waze, nothing showed on gauge cluster. Same result using Waze thru Sync, no directions in gauge cluster.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It's weird a download is breaking, the VIN seems to be a pretty simple lookup, I guess maybe they're bundling it on the fly and it's being key'ed to your VIN?
The thought is that Ford is “adjusting” the files to stop the infinite reboot issue that some people are experiencing... or their servers are just bugged. Definitely one of those :facepalm:

I can confirm after a ride this morning. I tried Apple CarPlay with Apple Maps and Waze, nothing showed on gauge cluster. Same result using Waze thru Sync, no directions in gauge cluster.
So lame. That was the only 3.4 feature I was really looking forward to. I wonder if it works via android auto?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The thought is that Ford is “adjusting” the files to stop the infinite reboot issue that some people are experiencing... or their servers are just bugged. Definitely one of those :facepalm:

So lame. That was the only 3.4 feature I was really looking forward to. I wonder if it works via android auto?
Oh, it's f***ing Maurice installing a patch ...

:D

I thought it was iOS 13.5 that introduced the API, I'm on 13.6 on my primary phone, but I have a device on iOS 14 Beta 3, I could try too.

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Now, does v3.4 fix the pop-up every time you start the car saying that Ford Diagnostics is watching you? Every time I start my car in 3.3, it comes up with a pop-up, which is BEYOND annoying. Like, for the 1000th time, I know and I don't care...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Now, does v3.4 fix the pop-up every time you start the car saying that Ford Diagnostics is watching you? Every time I start my car in 3.3, it comes up with a pop-up, which is BEYOND annoying. Like, for the 1000th time, I know and I don't care...
Turn off auto updates.