Sponsored

Liquid Moly Ceratec

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Please provide the data (from Ford engineering) that supports your statement that 5W-20 is only to meet CAFE standards.

The manufacturer of diesel engines and construction equipment where I worked for many years also did not make their own: oil; filters; batteries; and many other items *but they did provide their own specifications to the suppliers who made them*. Motorcraft oil may be made by numerous suppliers but it is to Ford specifications.
You're absolutely ridiculous, and wrong.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And you have no data.
Let me pull it out of my back pocket, that I just carry around in the event an internet troll wants to ask for the reasoning behind why a vehicle manufacturer all of a sudden switches from 5w20 to 5w30, and even changes existing applications to it as well.

Is your google broken? Do your own research.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
FWIW, Ford does have some different oil specifications for factory-fill and service-fill. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the specs, but there are some that are different. That's not to say that one oil can't meet both specs. Also, that's not to say that all Ford engines have different factory and service fill specs.

But yea, the 20 weights are for economy and Ford has put this in writing for all to see.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
On my 19 I dont have have any ticking that's not normal and rhythmic due to the DI system. Sounds just like every other DI car I've owned but I do have the 2k rattle. Has anyone had any luck making that go away with ceratec? I've read post where people were sure the noise is in the engine but I cant recreate the noise in neutral only when I'm in gear driving. Makes me wonder if its clutch chatter causing the rattle?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
This one: https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-2009-Anti-Friction-Treatment/dp/B003U4O414/ref=sr_1_1?crid=16KB337SJIC0Z&keywords=mos2+liqui+moly&qid=1558097359&s=gateway&sprefix=MoS2,aps,224&sr=8-1
Did you have a tick and this stopped it? Seems to be much much cheaper, so I would prefer it if the results were the same.
while my engine was having a tick I tried both - mos2 and ceratec. mos2 does NOT have impact on existing tick. Ceratec does.

p.s. i would never considered oil additives or alternative oil viscosity if not this hateful bbq tick. ymmv, but I prefer to add ceratec to running just oil and listening to bbq tick.

EPTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Finally decided to add Ceratec to mine. 2019 with the tick and 2500 rpm rattle. The 2500 rpm rattle was getting decently loud. Passengers were starting to notice it.

Both disappeared within a few miles of driving. I cant believe it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been running Ceratec since about 3,000 miles if I recall. And, I've put one bottle in every oil change since (5,000mi OCI).

At 20,000mi, I decided to just run 5w30 QSUD, and wait to see if the tick comes back. The has come back, but it is FAR LESS than in the past without Ceratec. I have a feeling as engines age and wear-in, their clearances open up slowly to alleviate some of the tick from either lazy Lash Adjusters, or slight increases in bearing clearance that causes cavitation.

liv2roc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt/cs ,2004 Mustang Mach1, 1984 mustang gt 350
I put it in mine on last oil change and it stopped the tick, I'm at 3500 miles on my oil now getting ready to change it. I'm just wondering if I need to add another bottle with this oil change. I already bought a bottle plus I'm going to change to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum read its the best oil out there and its required for the mopar hellcat.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I put it in mine on last oil change and it stopped the tick, I'm at 3500 miles on my oil now getting ready to change it. I'm just wondering if I need to add another bottle with this oil change. I already bought a bottle plus I'm going to change to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum read its the best oil out there and its required for the mopar hellcat.
PUP + liqu moly MoS2 works great.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I own 5 cars Ceratec in every one of em. European sport car to high miles Diesel truck.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You know guys I've been thinking about this tick, and my 2019 has some tricks to it with 300 miles, but to me I've owned so many different cars that it doesnt bother me.

I'm sure people have looked at it logically, but from my point of view if tick was something majorly wrong internally - like let's say bearing issues, sleeve issues, or clearances are too loose you can add all the additives you want to your oil eventually it will break.

When I say break eventually I mean in fairly quick order. A engine is just a machine, and judging by how many of these cars make noises I would say it's normal. If you want to quiet it for peace of mind. . . Okay but if these were put together so poorly from the factory they wouldn't last a 1000 miles, and especially with how people drive Mustangs.

My "tick" is not any worse than my hemi ticks were - my Hellcat had a tick and my 392 had a way louder engine than my mustang. All though my Hellcat had issues with supercharger bearings, the bottom end never gave me a problem nor did my 392.